2015 U2 Tour News - Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just whatever tickets? I'm sure you will be able to get your tickets in the general sale.

They'll have to be cheap tickets, which means either GA or nosebleeds.

Out of the 4 of us, myself and my brother are pretty well off financially and can afford better priced seats (although there's no way in hell I'm paying $300 for a ticket). One of the guys' wife has him on a pretty tight budget (no joke), and the other… to put it kindly, he needs a better paying job. That's why I was hoping to just get some affordable GA tickets for one night for the ultimate fanboy experience, and then for the 2nd night just grab some crappy cheap seats off general sale and just be happy I'm in the building.

Not gonna lie they fucked this whole thing up already.

Anyone who was registered as a paid u2.com member prior to the announcement being made should have been eligible to purchase 4 tickets total and split themup over 1,2,3 or 4 shows. No new u2.com memberships should have been accepted until after the presales were over. Every paid u2.com member should have had their presale code sent out with the original announcement this morning.

My god it's like they intentionally made this as difficult and as confusing as they possibly could. :doh:

The argument made is that it was only four tickets before because that was a stadium tour.

So, the Zoo Mods didn't tell me I was wrong when I asked if you could buy 2 tix in the pre-sale and 4 in the general, so I'm going with that being the case, but with trepidation.

I am sure you can buy your 2 tickets in the presale then buy the regular limit in the general sale.

I am also glad they are rewarding us long time suckers by giving us a day head start.

Sorry for all the crossposting, mods, I'm just trying to make sure people see answers to questions they have in the various threads.

U2.com Zoo Mods ‏@U2comZooMods 4m4 minutes ago

New subs/renewals, we will help fix issues tomorrow, please b patient. Been informed validation emails starting to go out , thank you

So, basically, if you subscribed today and haven't got your validation email yet, you should soon.

That's just them covering their asses now. The fact that if you wanna go to more than one show you gotta buy individual tickets is stupid. This whole thing is set up to work against the diehard fans in my opinion.

I really don't think that's true. You can't say that a system implemented specifically to reward long-time members of a band's fan club by letting them get tickets days in advance is set up to work against them simply because you're worried you're not going to get to see more than one show... :huh:

That's just them covering their asses now. The fact that if you wanna go to more than one show you gotta buy individual tickets is stupid. This whole thing is set up to work against the diehard fans in my opinion.

It will be fine, just don't breach the TM limits on any individual show. That way you have not broken any rules. If it was 2 per person for the entire tour it would be explicitly stated like that.

Different question, Glasgow GA is paperless tickets. Any indication if that is the same all over the place? Guessing probably not as they would have included that on the FAQs?

Hell. Bono's son Leo could run a better peorder.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I don't get how there are secondary market sales already!

Same reason there are for other big demand shows that haven't gone on sale. Scalpers have the means and ability to get the tickets they want, so they'll have the inventory to make plenty of $ still.

If bands really gave a sh*t about scalping, they'd make vast sections of venues paperless (open doors earlier), and not have onsales a year ahead of the show. Paperless GA is a start, but there will still be thousands of tickets for each gig on the secondary market. It's mostly preventable, but nobody has the will to do so.

Get ya.

They really are making it hard for people to go to more than one show.

Be a member of U2.com buy 2 tickets then no more.

Don't be a member and buy 4 or even 8

Ridiculous!

They're trying to keep the same handful of people from buying out entire legs of shows and literally following the band from city to city, is what it sounds like.

Solution? Members buy your presale tix. Then go to a TICKETMASTER OUTLET and pay cash day of general sale. Cash is untraceable.

If we owned a car I wouldn't bother with online and go pay cash at the local grocery chain that is a Ticketmaster outlet. But I'm stuck online Mon am with prayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

so im guessing the stage is going to look like the i e from above,

This is the ticketmaster image from Madison Square Garden. I haven't checked out the other arenas.

60323s.gif

Solution? Members buy your presale tix. Then go to a TICKETMASTER OUTLET and pay cash day of general sale. Cash is untraceable.

If we owned a car I wouldn't bother with online and go pay cash at the local grocery chain that is a Ticketmaster outlet. But I'm stuck online Mon am with prayers.
Tickets won't be on sale at outlets on the first day of sales, or ever.

You might as well try for tickets if you want to go. They're likely going to give everyone another code for another leg...otherwise, a lot of the fan club members will whine if they can't use their privilege for the next round.
Or not. The FAQ on U2.com explicitly mentions the following, possibly to pre-empt said whining:
Q - If I don't use my pre-sale ticketing access code in presales for shows announced on December 3rd, will the code still be valid for use if/when other dates are announced - such as the Dublin shows, details of which are still to be revealed ?
A - Yes. Your un-used pre-sale ticketing access code will be valid to use if further shows are announced.
For the additional 360 Tour legs, they required members to re-subscribe (i.e. dish out another $50) in order to receive another presale code. And they might not be that 'considerate' this time 'round, either, as evidenced by the fact that they have already halved the number of tickets for which you can use your presale code.

I really don't think that's true. You can't say that a system implemented specifically to reward long-time members of a band's fan club by letting them get tickets days in advance is set up to work against them simply because you're worried you're not going to get to see more than one show... :huh:

It's totally bullshit. Last time they allowed us to use our presales for more than one show. This time no. That's not showing any appreciation for long time paying members. I'm 10+ years without my membership expiring and there are others who are longer and to "reward" us with the opportunity to buy tickets to one show is pretty lame. If anything in the smaller arena venues our memberships should count for more not less than they did on the 360 tour.

They're trying to keep the same handful of people from buying out entire legs of shows and literally following the band from city to city, is what it sounds like.

That's not a solution for those of us living in Whitehorse, Yukon where the closet ticketmaster outlet is about 2200 km away haha

So is it 2 tickets for 1 show in the presale or can you try to get one ticket for 2 shows?

As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to TWO tickets across the tour. You can split this up across two shows or just use for a single show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom