2015 U2 Tour News - Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can still see the setlists from city to city being more or less the same. They will just repeat the process from city to city

Late to this party, and won't go through 600 posts to see if this was touched on, but 2 things strike me immediately:

1 - There are large gaps after shows in large markets. 11 days between California and Quebec. 11 days between Quebec and Chicago. 10 days between Chicago and Toronto. 7 days between Boston and New York. 42 days between New York and Europe (I think Elevation only had a month between legs). There are similar gaps littered throughout Europe as well. This could be for three reasons: the 'residency' thing is still happening in certain markets, they are booking studio time to finish SOE, or they want breaks at seemingly random intervals.

I think those gaps are for extra pairs of shows. Look at what's been scheduled, and you'll see that pairs are always back-to-back, and gaps between pairs always have at least two off-days in between. So Boston, for example, should probably expect shows 3 and 4 to be announced for July 14,15.

The only thing for sure is that the people on the SIDES of the Arena will have the perfect look of both the band and the traveling screen, while the people in the CORNERS will be closer to the band but won't be seeing much of that screen

Red Zones are like VIP GA for the B Stage
GA is all around

This is really their first 360 tour

What company sells tickets for the Vancouver show?

U2 Tickets | U2 Concert Tickets & Tour Dates | Ticketmaster CA

There are no tickets for their supposed staples center appearance

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference Joanne

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is the red zone the best tickets to get? any rough ideas on what prices they usually go for? Will probably be all gone by Friday though.

If the mainstream press finds out about Leo, I wonder if they'll change the name to The iLLEGITIMATE + eXTORTION Tour.

At least for the 2016 South American leg.

GA tickets about $55- $85
Signing up to u2.com is all up to you. Most of us seem pretty unsure at the moment even those of us already registered.
I'm going to try for GA in Montreal too on the public sale. I think your chances are ok. Not guaranteed but ok if you're fast

Thanks guys for your answers. I think I will hold off on subscribing. The Evenko website (from what I remember) is a nightmare. I haven't bought concert tickets through evenko in a while but I remember when 360 Montreal went on sale it was a disaster... I basically watched 160,000 tickets sell out in front of my eyes.

Meanwhile, U2.com still has yet to send out the basic tour announcement to subscribers. What a hoot

I received mine at 3:43 p.m. ET.

It's because you alerted the authorities. Told you I know people. You were warned.

1 - you are probably looking at somewhere between $50-$80 for GA after taxes

2 - If you join U2.com right now you get second crack at the pre-sale on Friday. The first round is Thursday for long-term members. I am not sure what kind of inventory will be left at that point, also no one seems to be sure if there will be a pre-sale for Montreal - the evenko website does not mention it.

Thank you for your reply! I'll tell you what I know.. Evenko won't post any information about pre-sales. The link will magically appear when a specific pre-sale starts. So for example, if your pre-sale is tomorrow at 10am, just go to the Evenko website and there should be an active link for your pre-sale at 10am. Hope that helps

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is the red zone the best tickets to get? any rough ideas on what prices they usually go for? Will probably be all gone by Friday though.

The capacity of the RZ is only 100 total, dont expect more than 40-50 to even hit the market after they take out their holds for friends/sponsors etc

If they are auctioned off like 360, the prices could be outrageous

I'll probably shoot for the nosebleed route for both San Jose shows. It's going to be a pain in the ass to get GAs (although I nabbed them for the one Vertigo show I tried for...I was left with a seated ticket for San Jose #1 due to the presale while Oakland had some shitty club you had to join to access GA tickets or whatever), so I'd rather be able to buy a pair of tickets for each night at the cheapest price point.

So when everyone is picking "Best Available" when the tickets go on sale, I should have no competition for the cheap nosebleed tickets on the rail. I've seen U2 shows from all different angles/locations including GA right near the front of the sage on the last tour, but spending only $30 a pop and freeing up your day sounds pretty good to me.

Only thing I'm really annoyed about is that the local shows are in San Jose instead of Oakland. San Jose's public transit options are pretty much crap (BART ends at Fremont), so I loathe having to actually drive in from the far East Bay and spend some exorbitant amount on parking.

If TM is accurate and all seats are paperless credit card entry, GA will be somewhat easy to get for west coast shows. The hard ticket will be MSG. Otherwise, with no secondary market, GA should be easy to grab in presale.

The capacity of the RZ is only 100 total, dont expect more than 40-50 to even hit the market after they take out their holds for friends/sponsors etc

If they are auctioned off like 360, the prices could be outrageous

Thank you.

I will give up on that idea then.

When you list the shows on u2.com (I am logged in), to the right of each show it says,

"Thurs 10am to Sat 12noon Sign up or Sign in"

clicking on either goes to a error message. I can't work out if the msg refers to the ticket site (as it's not 'live' yet) or u2.com, if it's the latter then obviously i have a problem:lol:

A little help please and sorry for the stupid question. I am a U2.com member but have not been over there in ages. I can't remember the last time I logged in. Today I went over to see if my account was still there and sure enough, I logged in and it appears I have full access to the boards and the zoo so does that mean I am paid up as a "subscriber" or do I have to know the secret handshake? I am screwed I think. I recently moved and changed email addresses so I obviously missed the boat if they sent me anything like last time for the pre sale. But again, how do you know if you are paid subscriber on U2.com? :reject:

Considering all the uncertainties, I guess I'll save my presale code for another (yet unannounced) leg... With a bit of luck, by that time we'll know the difference between the first & the second night, and maybe we'll also have figured out how the stage setup and the moving screen thing will affect the visibility from the audience. :shrug:

I'm more of a stadium fan anyway, so if this'd give me an opportunity to get presale stadium tickets, that would be grand.

Anyone else thinking along the same lines?

For the German shows, GA is sold only via mobile tickets to your phone. The rest is normal tickets. I have no idea how that works, but I won't be able to get GA anyway.

U2 hate right now.

U2 hate come concert time magically disappears.

I am in CA now and may go to the San Jose shows... but right now, my friend and I are aiming for the two Boston shows. However, if i do go to San Jose, I'd be happy to meet up with you Sicy (and friends).

Right on :up:

Here is a link with FAQ about the paperless (or credit card entry) tickets.

So basically no more hard tickets at all? I've collected every ticket stub of every concert I've ever been to. :morehate: lol

When you list the shows on u2.com (I am logged in), to the right of each show it says,

"Thurs 10am to Sat 12noon Sign up or Sign in"

clicking on either goes to a error message. I can't work out if the msg refers to the ticket site (as it's not 'live' yet) or u2.com, if it's the latter then obviously i have a problem:lol:

I have the same, I just assumed that at 10 a.m. tomorrow when I click it, it'll take me to a page where I enter a code and buy tickets. Hopefully. Anyone else confirm this?

I have literally never bought tickets like this before, only direct from a venue or a "package" with a concert tour company

I have the same, I just assumed that at 10 a.m. tomorrow when I click it, it'll take me to a page where I enter a code and buy tickets. Hopefully. Anyone else confirm this?

I have literally never bought tickets like this before, only direct from a venue or a "package" with a concert tour company

Whatever you do, don't use anythingremotelyconnectedtoU2.com to buy your tickets tomorrow at 10 am

I mean...seriously..

If TM is accurate and all seats are paperless credit card entry, GA will be somewhat easy to get for west coast shows. The hard ticket will be MSG. Otherwise, with no secondary market, GA should be easy to grab in presale.

I agree, but the keyword there is "presale" which I can't participate in. I gave U2 a bunch of money for the fan club back in the fall of 2004 and I ended up having to pay more money for a seat thanks to a god-awful presale and nabbed the lamest keychain ever as the "fan gift"

There's no way in hell I can ever give my money to the fan club after that nonsense.

Considering all the uncertainties, I guess I'll save my presale code for another (yet unannounced) leg... With a bit of luck, by that time we'll know the difference between the first & the second night, and maybe we'll also have figured out how the stage setup and the moving screen thing will affect the visibility from the audience. :shrug:

I'm more of a stadium fan anyway, so if this'd give me an opportunity to get presale stadium tickets, that would be grand.

Anyone else thinking along the same lines?

You might as well try for tickets if you want to go. They're likely going to give everyone another code for another leg...otherwise, a lot of the fan club members will whine if they can't use their privilege for the next round.

Plus, I think the announced series of cities is probably it for 2015. They may add in extra shows in certain markets, but I don't see much more happening. Therefore, the 2016 shows would all be for the next subscription round, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom