2015 U2 Tour News - Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, just found one configuration on Ticketmaster. It still lacks information, though, such as what areas 1, 2, 7, and 8 (those on the side but on the floor) are. I assume those are Red Zone. I like the circular stage in the middle of the arena. Appears they'll be using the hockey layout.

I do wonder if there is a GA section. I say this because from the configuration, it appears there are separate floor sections - possibly being seated on the floor, which is how many bands are using nowadays.

That's not the actual layout I believe. It appears that the one you're referring to is the generic "in the round" setup for that arena.

And for Europe... in such a tour, with 2 different shows being announced, why can't we buy tickets for two shows?
I'm also a guy that never lets the account expiring, and don't having any special treatment to at least have the possibility to see the 2 different shows they are setting up, sounds really harsh to me.

I agree. I want to go to both shows in Berlin but can only get 2 tickets for 1 show. Which means, since my friend doesn't have the membership we have to hope that we'll get 2 more GAs during regular sale which might be impossible. Little disappointed......

Depends on the pricing - I paid only $120-150, around half the price of the people in seats behind me. And I didn't have to line up all day to get a good spot. I suspect the prices will be higher though.

So Red Zone there are no lines, you just walk into that area? Would you say it's like "VIP" GA? I don't want to go pee and then can't get back to my spot. I'm needy, I know but I want to bring my wife and she has less tolerance for it than me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So Red Zone there are no lines, you just walk into that area? Would you say it's like "VIP" GA? I don't want to go pee and then can't get back to my spot. I'm needy, I know but I want to bring my wife and she has less tolerance for it than me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes, but probably 4-5 times the cost. But hey - it's going to charity, right? :)

I did RZ a couple times last tour, and in a stadium setup I'm not sure it was worth it, but for an arena show where GA's are gonna be very hard to come it might be a better option than $300 lower level seats.

Headache posted this several pages ago, it gives a better impression of what the stage setup may look like.

U2-Seating-Chart.jpg

This is just insane that they are only offering 2 tickets per code. Go to two shows in North America alone or one show with a friend. OR pick one show in Europe. Like WTF?

LiveNation clearly wants you to join the fan club multiple times and they know tons of people will do this to ensure tickets

LiveNation clearly wants you to join the fan club multiple times and they know tons of people will do this to ensure tickets

yeah they can fuck themselves. I'm no sheep :lol: I'll figure it out myself even if it means paying more than face value.

This whole thing really makes me question whether it's even worth remaining subscribed to u2.com though. It's pretty much a bare bone they've tossed at us for this presale. Really lame.

am i missing whether you will have to burn your pre-sale code for RZ tickets? if so, i probably would do this... [gomenasai]

If you read the terms and conditions you agree to when signing up for fan club, it states that a person can only have 1 membership, and any duplicate names, email address, or credit card billing will have all associated accounts cancelled

And with the paperless tickets where you have to be the matching name......making up other names, or using ur spouses name won't work

Ah, for f*ck's sake! I just noticed that the subscription I got was a gift subscription, that's why it doesn't show on my page. Why in the world did U2.com redirect me to that product when I clicked on "Upgrade" on my account?

Well, I'm screwed now. Phone line doesn't work, and email (though I have sent one just in case) likely won't help me in time. :down:

If you read the terms and conditions you agree to when signing up for fan club, it states that a person can only have 1 membership, and any duplicate names, email address, or credit card billing will have all associated accounts cancelled

i mean my wife would join also.

Wondering about the VIP packages, especially the travel package. Would be nice to not have to worry about hotel, transportation, etc. although I'm a little afraid of that price tag. Hope they give more info soon.

Ah, for f*ck's sake! I just noticed that the subscription I got was a gift subscription, that's why it doesn't show on my page. Why in the world did U2.com redirect me to that product when I clicked on "Upgrade" on my account?

Well, I'm screwed now. Phone line doesn't work, and email (though I have sent one just in case) likely won't help me in time. :down:

Gift subscription? I thought every member had a pre sale code?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

RZ tix were not part of the presales for 360 in the US, so no code-burning required. Of course, it seems nobody has any idea how/when those will be available as yet...

thanks. for some reason i am drawing a total blank on the RZ tix i got for the Toronah show for 360....

Ok, just to add to the confusion. Vancouver has no mention of paperless tickets on the site. LA shows mention paperless tickets for reserved tickets only. Phoenix has paperless for GA tickets. Now this might all be because the sites have yet to update, but I can imagine this will only fuel the chaos, if people get to point-of-purchase and only then figure out that the tickets are paperless. Seems to be a good argument for building in a day or two more between announcing the tour and putting tickets on sale. Get everyone on the same page and allow the ticket sellers to completely inform the buyers as to what they are buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom