2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow amazing news for people living in australia/NZ!!

Seems like U2 is more popular there than in any other place. (At least!) 4 stadium shows in a country of 21 million inhabitants!
And one in NZ. Curious if they can top the 9 stadium shows they played tehre on the Vertigo Tour.

I am wondering if they bring 2 in stead of 3 claws for this leg. Looking at the schedule they could do it with two. Perth is maybe too far away, otherwise it looks like one claw would have been enough...
And what about Japan?

I am wondering if they bring 2 in stead of 3 claws for this leg. Looking at the schedule they could do it with two. Perth is maybe too far away, otherwise it looks like one claw would have been enough...

i'm sure the truckies have enough money to afford enough whippa to get across the nullabor

If I joined the U2.com presale tomorrow, what group would i be in?

Um i think it's Boots?

Anyway silly non-U2 liking friends..makes it so annoying trying to go with people and still being able to like line up for ages etc. Has anyone been on their own before and what was it like cause I have a feeling I may have to do that a bit in December?

Um i think it's Boots?

Anyway silly non-U2 liking friends..makes it so annoying trying to go with people and still being able to like line up for ages etc. Has anyone been on their own before and what was it like cause I have a feeling I may have to do that a bit in December?

i went with my Dad in 06... looks like he wants to come again :doh:

i think you'll find most big U2 fans (ie the ones who you'd be lining up for ages with) are all pretty good people. every time i've done something with my "U2 friends" in the past i've felt a bit skeptical, having not met most, being the youngest, etc, but i've always ended up having a great time.

mikeuk thanks for the reply back. how much did you pay for them? also could you see the whole band? That be great if you could make it to oz :)

Cin you poor thing hugs.

I think on livenation site if you join up you get presale too the joining is for free.

signed up. can't find anything on the presale. hopefully it's just like ticketmaster and they send you an email

Check under account info...it'll give you a pre sale code. Its on the left hand side after you click account info.

Plus they probably haven't finalised pre sale dates as yet.

^ any excuse to visit the land down under is a good one if you ask me . . . I may be biased but :shrug: . . . :wink:

:gah: . . . and so begins the frantic back and forth between checking U2.com for pre sale details, ticketmaster, ticketek, here, email . . . *virtual pacing* :laugh: . . . at least the anxiety over tickets will mean those pesky extra winter kilo's will be shed in no time at all . . .:lol:

:happydance:

I'm so excited :) By the way anyone you bought red zone tickets for GA Do you get a good view?

mikeuk thanks for the reply back. how much did you pay for them? also could you see the whole band? That be great if you could make it to oz :)

Cin you poor thing hugs.

I think on livenation site if you join up you get presale too the joining is for free.

Hey Bella,

Yeah, you get a great view in RZ. I'd say you get a better view than 95% of people at the venue (the best view goes to the outer rail of the catwalk, which is similar to the RZ's, but more front on, then the inner circle front rail, which is awesome to see the band, but not the screen, as it's way above your head).

But obviously RZ is a lot more convenient than being squished on the outer rail, or the front rail.

Here's a couple of my best pics from the show. If you want to see more they're in the 360 tour gallery, for the Phoenix show, here October 20, 2009 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona - Interference.com Photo Gallery (U2 Photos, U2 Concert Photos, Member Photos)

Yeah, all the band comes & visits. I was on Edge's side, Adam made appearances over there, even Larry did too.

I had RZ for Phoenix, & it was $120 USD from memory, which was actually the starting bid in the auction. For high demand shows like the Rosebowl & Vegas I believe winning bids in the RZ auctions were up near $500. Also, quite often there was a second auction, close to the concert date. These often went for quite a bit cheaper than the first auction. Demand for 2nd shows in a particular city can be much lower, resulting in lower priced winning bids for the 2nd shows. So depending on what they go for RZ tickets can be great value (as low as 1/2 the price of a premium seat).

This is of course assuming that there will be an auction for the RZ tickets. This was the case for the NA leg of the tour, but in Europe RZ's sold for a flat €280 from memory. There's no info yet on either Ticketek or Ticketmaster about pricing for RZ tickets.

I joined livenation.com.au (i was a member of livenation.com, but the aussie site wouldn't recognise my login) a few days ago, once all the rumours really started flying around. Can't find any presale info on my account at this stage. If it's similar to the US leg, there will be quite a few presales, Live Nation, venue presales etc, but only u2.com presales will include GA tickets.

Thanks d.darroch for the info ;) if i can afford it i might go rz. other wise i will just do seating hopefully to get good seats. I'm short lady too 5ft 1. just thinking of the people taller then me in Ga i might have trouble seeing.

I'm only 5'6" on a tall day (ok, i'm 5'5.5"). All my best experiences were in GA, best one of all up front in the inner circle. If you can afford the time i'd definitely do GA. Just gotta get there early, put the effort in & get a rail spot. The stage is so massive, the amount of rail space on those catwalks is huge.

In saying that, seeing the CLAW all lit up at a distance (seating or back of GA) is spectacular too.

So who else watched the Rove interview tonight?

Little awkward/unenthusiastic I thought (then again i missed 2 mins due to a power outage so didn't see it properly) but it was good and exciting of course so see an exclusive Aussie Interview! :lol:

6'5" here. Wack me outside etihad stadium...and I'll still have a pretty sweet view :wink:

well you better not be standing in front of little miss 5'zippity squat here then :grumpy: or there'll be some ankle biting going on :p :lol:

So who else watched the Rove interview tonight?

Little awkward/unenthusiastic I thought (then again i missed 2 mins due to a power outage so didn't see it properly) but it was good and exciting of course so see an exclusive Aussie Interview! :lol:

tiny bit of a :yawn: fest but I gotta admit that the fact they actually said they were coming down under gave me a particular kind of thrill :squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee: :shifty: :reject:

Also was that Jay Z comment actually for real?! I thought it was just a little jibe but Live Nation Facebook has said he's coming with them?

Oh god.

Is it too much to ask that they give an up-and-coming local act the chance to prove themselves on the big stage before U2? Like, you know, they used to do sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom