2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Adam on about, looking forward to going to Sydney?? And nowhere else?? Until BoNo prompted him?

And U2.com's quick to bring us the bad news too: U2.com > News > Jay Z to join U2 as very special guest in Australia and New Zealand

I'd just like U2 to give a local artist of any genre the chance to open for them, rather than importing international acts.

Odds of Jay-Z guesting on SBS? :slant:

NooooDarthVader.jpg

a week ago we'd have taken u2 even if they were supported by someone shit like nickelback.

deep breaths.

I know what you mean. But god dammit..the rest of the world gets half deacent alternative bands...we get stuck with some rapper from jersey?

Australia and New Zealand have plenty of our own home grown bands that would be more than willing to open for U2...

I know what you mean. But god dammit..the rest of the world gets half deacent alternative bands...we get stuck with some rapper from jersey?

Australia and New Zealand have plenty of our own home grown bands that would be more than willing to open for U2...
i enjoyed kanye west in 2006 and nearly fell asleep during snow patrol last year. different strokes etc.

What was Adam on about, looking forward to going to Sydney?? And nowhere else?? Until BoNo prompted him?

Haha it was a pretty awkward interview at times, but it convinced my friend that final little bit for him to say he's coming, so it's ok he wouldn't know any different! :D

Given how badly Kanye tanked at the Aussie gigs, I can't see Jay-Z going down much better. He'll probably get a reasonable response in Auckland like Kanye did, but this side of the Tasman ... how hostile Brisbane was to Kanye remains quite vivid in my memory.

So Jay-Z will probably get a smattering of polite applause in Auckland, as opposed to getting violently abused (or something) in Australia. Big deal. A decent local alternative/rock band would get a much better reception and get them some recognition, not to mention actually getting the crowd EXCITED for U2 rather than angry at the shitty opening act. What a stupid fucking mistake.

I just don't get the hostility towards JayZ here?

We'd be delighted to have him instead of One Republic or Interpol!

Must admit Snow Patrol are probably the best fit for the U2 audience though and they were brilliant.

Yeah, I guess. Where I was on the floor most people were having an awesome time.

Ah right. I'm glad the crowd wasn't totally hostile towards him - I don't think any opening act deserves that. So I'll clap nicely for Jay-Z. Even so, I can't help but feel ripped off by this, when Athens gets Aviv Geffen! :grumpy:

I just don't get the hostility towards JayZ here?

We'd be delighted to have him instead of One Republic or Interpol!

Must admit Snow Patrol are probably the best fit for the U2 audience though and they were brilliant.

I agree 100%. I know I'm going to enjoy the energy in Jay-Z's set more than say The Fray. :slant:

Yeah, I guess. Where I was on the floor most people were having an awesome time.

Both nights, it seemed to me that the majority were apathetic but that some reasonably sized pockets of people were getting into it. Especially recall there being a fairly keen group near the left b-stage on the first night. Don't think Kanye was kidding that night when he said it was the best reception he got.

The interview on 7pm project was good.
jay z is crap. I wish it was someone better. Well i guess while jay z is playing we can all talk through his performance .

Heres the link to the video on 7pm project.
The 7PM Project - Video

Given how badly Kanye tanked at the Aussie gigs, I can't see Jay-Z going down much better. He'll probably get a reasonable response in Auckland like Kanye did, but this side of the Tasman ... how hostile Brisbane was to Kanye remains quite vivid in my memory.

What happened here? Was there a full stadium booing him, eh?

on a more positive note, fingers crossed in a big way that auckland is the first show after an extended break. would love to be able to hang outside mt smart while they go through their paces before playing live again.

if auckland was just another stop on the line (not intended) i'd go into hiding and avoid spoilers, but the thought of hanging outside the stadium and hear them working through shit would be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom