2010 remasters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't think they'd *gulp* "finish" pop for the remaster do you? More Best-Of type remixes and call it the official album?

Kind like the Star Wars Special Editions with the added CGI crap.

Half the album has already been done, so they'd only have to remix DYFL, Mofo, Miami, Playboy Mansion, Velvet Dress and WUDM

I'd personally hate to see this (at least as the main disk. A bonus disk would be ok), but it just strikes me this morning as not outside the realm of possibility.

this has bothered me since the remasters were originaly announced, I really hope not.

RAH should at least be 2 cd's and live/b side stuff. At least give us that. This isn't rocket science. RAH should be done in 2010. I'm not sure if they should wait till 2011 for AB. I wanna see zooropa,pop,ALTYCLB,HTDAAB and NLOTH get remastered at some point. by the end of 2011/early 2012. When they remaster NLOTH, i wanna see a documentary about how primitive the recording techniques were in 2009 and how they are getting fixed in 2011. Like the Beatles remasters. lol. Like a parody of that. "in 2009 you only had a million tracks to record with, now you have million and 4". lol.

I don't know what we'll see if there was to be an ATYCLB rerelease, we know the b-sides, but what about stuff that never surfaced? When do they let go and let us hear some of it, probably not yet as they could always borrow from and/or revisit material from that era.

Haven't we already though with the songs from the Complete U2? I think that covered any unreleased stuff we'd get from ATYCLB and Bomb. I wouldn't expect any more unless the band did a massive box set of unreleased material after they retire. :wink:

I'm wondering if that's really pro-shot footage of the 30 December show. Yes, it is footage of a Lovetown show. And you hear Bono's 'Dreaming it all up again...' speech. But maybe the audio is from a different source than the video.

Agree, doesn't sound like it's coming from that video feed...
Haven't seen any other NYE footage other than first 2 songs...

Anyone think that, u2 would ever release random concerts cd's/dvd's like the grateful dead? or pearl jam? . or itunes? Or highlight a specific era? like how neil diamond's hot august night release from 1972 was a highlight of his career. A show from the first part of zootv 1992? Something from the lovetown tour? a war highlight show? something from 1998 popmart when the performances improved? the nyc post 9/11 shows? a gem from vertigo and 360? a early boy,pre-boy show? . etc

U2 never performed this one: 2. This Land is Your Land (from A Vision Shared)

It's on the video cassette, not the album.

A bunch of artists separately recorded the song (including U2 or maybe just Bono/Edge) and they sliced the footage together to make a (dubious) all-star style version. John Mellancamp started and finished it off, and U2 appeared midway through.

Haven't we already though with the songs from the Complete U2? I think that covered any unreleased stuff we'd get from ATYCLB and Bomb. I wouldn't expect any more unless the band did a massive box set of unreleased material after they retire. :wink:

They released some completed songs, but I'm sure given how far back you can see new material originally emerging from, that there's stuff from ATYCLB/Bomb sessions we won't see for awhile.

Pop is a wonder, they've still talked recently about wanting to remake the whole album (of course they said that about Boy as well) which would be kind of cool, it doesn't replace what we've already seen, it might not be closer to what they'd hoped for if they had more time to work on in 97 because of more than a decade of new experiences and ideas, but it'd be kind of fun.

I would love to see a Passengers 2-CD reissue, but I doubt it will happen, unfortunately.

If it DID happen, is there enough stuff to fill up the bonus disc? There is:
1. Miss Sarajevo (Single Edit)
2. One (Live in Modena)
3. Bottoms (Zoo Station Remix)
4. Viva Davidoff
5. Your Blue Room (Edit)
6. Always Forever Now (Heat soundtrack version)

And that's it, right?

I'm sure there are some more freaky U2/Eno experiments from this period, and I'd love to hear them.

yeah, I imagine it'd include those tracks, i really REALLY fucking hope they release a 2-CD remaster. That album deserves so much better.

Also i think, but don't quote me on this, I remember reading a quote from Brian Eno saying there were quite a few tracks that went unreleased from the sessions for OST1.

As for Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me - it was recorded during Zooropa (as a lot of us already know) so it'd surely just turn up on whatever bonus disc comes up in that - putting it on OST 1 (IF it that album was re-released) wouldn't make sense simply because it's a U2 song :huh:

Anyone think that, u2 would ever release random concerts cd's/dvd's like the grateful dead? or pearl jam? . or itunes? Or highlight a specific era? like how neil diamond's hot august night release from 1972 was a highlight of his career. A show from the first part of zootv 1992? Something from the lovetown tour? a war highlight show? something from 1998 popmart when the performances improved? the nyc post 9/11 shows? a gem from vertigo and 360? a early boy,pre-boy show? . etc

For some reason I had Stewie Griffin's voice in my head, progressively getting higher as he asked about the tours. Like the time he was talking with Brian about Brians novel.

lol

Anyway, back when U2 signed their iTunes deal in 2004, Bono had talked about putting shows up on iTunes and how cool that would be.

Alas, they didn't call themselves The Hype for nothing.

For some reason I had Stewie Griffin's voice in my head, progressively getting higher as he asked about the tours. Like the time he was talking with Brian about Brians novel.

lol

Anyway, back when U2 signed their iTunes deal in 2004, Bono had talked about putting shows up on iTunes and how cool that would be.

Alas, they didn't call themselves The Hype for nothing.

To be fair they did put a couple of shows onto iTunes.

To be fair they did put a couple of shows onto iTunes.

Not in the way bono described it. This was at the time Pearl Jam was releasing official cd's of every show of their current tour (don't recall which) and the Pixies on their reunion tour were burning CDR's after each show for sale to the audience. As I recall it, Bono was talking about releasing shows of the upcoming Vertigo tour, so fans could see the show and download it after from iTunes (or any show this wished). Kind of in the same vein. Never came about though, which was a shame.

Not sure who dropped the ball on that iTunes partnership. It had so much potential. The coolest it ever got was iTunes without fanfare started releasing their old vids like A Celebration and 2 hearts. Could've been so much more.

And I always wondered why the UK iTunes always got more than the US one. Even now you can down load Breathe and Magnificient from Somerville from the UK store but can't in the US. Money's money. Yes, the market's probably greater in the UK but that's not to say the market isn't here as well, especially when you consider some of the really obscure stuff iTunes has. An old friends local band, who never even had a record deal is even on there. If they can be, why not COBL from the Under The Brooklyn Bridge show.

a couple of bands i like have also released cds of their concerts. both released cds you could buy online (i think one also offered them after the show, and they also offered the bootlegs for less if you wanted to just download flac files, and even less if you wanted them in mp3 format) for an entire leg of the tour. it was neat to have a soundboard quality official bootleg of a concert i'd been to.

RAH should at least be 2 cd's and live/b side stuff. At least give us that. This isn't rocket science. RAH should be done in 2010. I'm not sure if they should wait till 2011 for AB. I wanna see zooropa,pop,ALTYCLB,HTDAAB and NLOTH get remastered at some point. by the end of 2011/early 2012. When they remaster NLOTH, i wanna see a documentary about how primitive the recording techniques were in 2009 and how they are getting fixed in 2011. Like the Beatles remasters. lol. Like a parody of that. "in 2009 you only had a million tracks to record with, now you have million and 4". lol.

Maybe, instead of SOA, we'll just get a remaster of NLOTH next year.

Back
Top Bottom