2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I don't post much, but just had to share this:

In Toronto this weekend, I met Bono with two friends from Edmonton - visiting to go with me to the second concert - at a tiny bar in Kensington Market. (Insane, I know, and almost unbelievable, but one of my friends now sports an excellent foot-signature tattoo to prove it!) I told him that I saw him in Edmonton on the PopMart tour, and he said that they might be going back there next year!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Someone told me about the Kensington Market. Where exactly in the Market?

Someone told me about the Kensington Market. Where exactly in the Market?

Ronnie's. My friend actually looked inside when we arrived and didn't notice him, then we sat on the patio. Our neighbour at the table overheard us talking about the concerts, and told us he was inside!

Ok, I don't post much, but just had to share this:

In Toronto this weekend, I met Bono with two friends from Edmonton - visiting to go with me to the second concert - at a tiny bar in Kensington Market. (Insane, I know, and almost unbelievable, but one of my friends now sports an excellent foot-signature tattoo to prove it!) I told him that I saw him in Edmonton on the PopMart tour, and he said that they might be going back there next year!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Wow you're so lucky :up:

Ronnie's. My friend actually looked inside when we arrived and didn't notice him, then we sat on the patio. Our neighbour at the table overheard us talking about the concerts, and told us he was inside!

RONNIE'S??? That little dive??

:hmm: A friend mentioned that Bono'd said something about liking a dive bar but she couldn't remember where it was - had I known it was Ronnie's I would've led our group there! (It's right across the street from a yarn store called Lettuce Knit where my Wed night stitch'n'bitch is!)

Isn't Ronnie's that tiny hole where they have open mics (I think Wednesdays?) that more often than not major artists just sortof show up at unannounced?

Also, these dates corroborate with the rumored dates here, except with Cleveland instead of Pittsburgh on the same day.

Eventful may not list Canadian shows or haven't gotten the info yet, but if you look at the dates you can squeeze a couple of Canadian cities in there. On stubhub under the Olympic stadium in Montreal U2 has a (placeholder) there but no date listed.

Isn't Ronnie's that tiny hole where they have open mics (I think Wednesdays?) that more often than not major artists just sortof show up at unannounced?

Maybe. I'd never been there before, but it's definitely tiny, AND a hole! And I think Tim Roth made it his local spot when he was here to film The Incredible Hulk a few years ago.

Now is it at all possible that Bono was just saying something to placate us in the moment, or could there be any real truth to what he said? I want to take his word for it. If they play Edmonton, I'll go NUTS! Wouldn't miss U2 playing my hometown again for the world...

Has anyone read conformation, in what cities, U2 will be performing at in 2010?

I know some folks may not agree with a Baltimore venue, if U2 does play here. But, they have only been here once. And we have two stadiums.

Today it was confirmed, that U2 will play in Helsinki, Finland in august 20. At least it´s all over the media in Finland so I think it´s reliable. :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

august 30 in vienna is confirmed too.

for me it is a bit mistimed that the gigs in central europe will be later than they were this year (because of university stuff) :grumpy:

:yippie: Vienna is confirmed, 30 August, presale starting 2 October. OMG!!!

And three Germany shows: Munich, Hannover, Frankfurt.

Not confirmed, but rumoured are shows in Prague, Budapest and other Eastern European countries.

No idea when the tickets for Germany will go into presale.

Now on u2.com:

10 August, 2010 Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt DE
12 August, 2010 AWD Stadium Hannover DE
15 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens DK
20 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki FI
25 August, 2010 Luzhniki Moscow RU
30 August, 2010 Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna AT
3 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Athens GR
6 September, 2010 Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul TR
15 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Munich DE
18 September, 2010 Stade De France Paris FR
29 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Seville ES
2 October, 2010 Stadium Coimbra PT

Now on u2.com:

10 August, 2010 Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt DE
12 August, 2010 AWD Stadium Hannover DE
15 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens DK
20 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki FI
25 August, 2010 Luzhniki Moscow RU
30 August, 2010 Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna AT
3 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Athens GR
6 September, 2010 Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul TR
15 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Munich DE
18 September, 2010 Stade De France Paris FR
29 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Seville ES
2 October, 2010 Stadium Coimbra PT
Looks like Paris is the only return visit for the 360 Tour.

It's nice to see that Russia did in fact make the list.
Is that also a first ever visit to Turkey?

Looks like there's lots of room in September to add a few more dates too.

At Last! Finally! Is there any other word?!!
U2 in Athens - 3 September, 2010 - Olympic Stadium

3855713666_c3f388b9b9_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom