2007 Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
she won for r&b album... the colab. w/ u2 did not win.

OK, now I understand. In that case, Mary didn't HAVE to thank them without seeming discourteous. :shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:flirt: :kiss:

You do get a few points subtracted for that Dixie Chicks comment, though. ;)

it has nothing to do with their musical ability, which i respect... i just see nothing "brave" about alienating your core fan base and then complaining about it.

freedom of speech is a two way street. you have the right to say whatever you want, but in return your audience then has the right to either agree or disagree. that a bunch of redneck country music listeners were turned off by their comments is not exactly something you needed dr. steven hawkings to figure out. they did nothing "brave."

nelson mandela is brave. aung san suu kyi is brave. rosa parks is brave. the dixie chicks? not so much.

i want my points back :flirt:

LemonMelon said:

Again, that heavy brick is starting to sound better and better. :drool:

Then again, contemporary country in general confounds me. :shrug:

I usually don't like anything related to country either, I don't really care about all their political garbage, and I think Natalie keeps making herself look like an idiot onstage, but I just happen to really like this album. :shrug:

sami0201 said:

I usually don't like anything related to country either, I don't really care about all their political garbage, and I think Natalie keeps making herself look like an idiot onstage, but I just happen to really like this album. :shrug:

:hmm: Maybe I should check it out...

(That's the beauty of modern music, innit? It never costs you a dime to hear it, if you know where to look. :drool: )

it has nothing to do with their musical ability, which i respect... i just see nothing "brave" about alienating your core fan base and then complaining about it.

freedom of speech is a two way street. you have the right to say whatever you want, but in return your audience then has the right to either agree or disagree. that a bunch of redneck country music listeners were turned off by their comments is not exactly something you needed dr. steven hawkings to figure out. they did nothing "brave."

nelson mandela is brave. aung san suu kyi is brave. the dixie chicks? not so much.

Oh, I was joking. I laughed at that post, and I agree. When all that shit was going down I was the first one to say "shut the hell up" after the fact, even though I had no issues with what she said.

Sticking to your guns is brave, bitching about not selling out arenas and records in relation to sticking to your guns = not so brave.

We'll let you all get back to the non-FYM portion of the Grammy thread now. :wink:

nelson mandela is brave. aung san suu kyi is brave. rosa parks is brave. the dixie chicks? not so much.

i want my points back :flirt:

Wow, I am sooooo impressed with your statement, and I agree 100% with u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom