(12-22-2003) Bono Parties Hard with Justin - ShowBiz Ireland *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regina O'Numb

War Child
Bono Parties Hard with Justin.

The current King of Rock 'n' Roll Bono partied with the current Prince of Pop Justin Timberlake on Saturday night at a private concert in Vicar Street.

Guggi & Bono at the Justin Timberlake gig

You have to give it to Justin Timberlake (and most girls would!) - he has some stamina... The talented popstar managed to fit in an hour long show on Saturday night to a privileged few VIPs after playing two back-to-back sell out shows in The Point Theatre.

Harry Crosbie, Guggi, & Bono at the Justin Timberlake gig

After his Saturday night show in The Point Justin and his entourage zoomed down to the more intimate settings of Vicar Street where he held a special VVVIP concert.

Louis Walsh at the Justin Timberlake gig

As there were no invitations for us mere mortals at ShowBiz Ireland we can only tell you who turned up to the concert and not what went on inside...

Bono showed up with his wife Ali, one of his daughters and his best mate Guggi to the concert. The Edge was also spotted walking in as was Harry Crosbie, Joe Elliott, and Louis Walsh.

Apparently it was a blast!

http://www.showbizireland.com/news/december03/22-u2157.shtml

Last edited:
Like I said before in another thread.....maybe Bono's guilty pleasure song is "Rock Your Body"...it seems to be everyone elses...including me......... :wink: (come on you know you like it) and maybe he just wanted to shake his booty ....:drool: :drool: :drool: I would PAY so much money to see Bono shake it:drool: :drool:

I love to see him dance becasue he is not really that good, but SO CUTE doing it...I would love to dance with him becaseu I suck at it too and we would look really goofy doing it and it would be so much fun!:dance:

*seriously, I have edited this like 10 times now and feel really dumb .......

Last edited:
It's just a party. If they were going to make a song together or whatever God knows that would have hit the newspapers months ago.

?Rock your body? is a full copy of jamiroquai's work,so that's one more reason to dislike justin (the name was written with a small first letter).Bono,get the hell out of there ASAP!:wink:

If Bono wants to hang out with Justin let him maybe he can give Justin some tips AND think of it this way Bono would be wise to have a good repoire with Timberlake who has a ton of fans who maybe Bono could introduce all the things he has been working on Debt relief, AIDS etc. I know we here at Inteference think that Bono is the beeds knees (or whatever that phrase is) but there is a whole world of people who are like U-who?

anyway that is all I have to say

rock your body? It is ALL about cry me a river and I am not even :reject: about it.

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :huh: i agree too...........imagine waking up one morning and seeing Bono singing or dancing with Justin..............:barf: :no:

bono has gone from a rock&roll singer to a fucking joke!go to a real rock&roll show!

poor edge,adam and larry have to suffer.

im suer bono will sing with this little fucker jt!
oh well who cares. some of you realy scare me.
its no like im a hard core u2 fan any more not with a album like atyclb! and bono is still f ing around while they are making an album, his mind is not on the album so yes this guitar album might suck.(or will just be alright) led zeppelin, GNR, RS have done it all so there is nothing new that u2 can do with a guitar sound. bono im sory but you are not cool; any more!

ist all over people its all over! wait no, lets wait for this new album and see if it suxs or is it as good as ab, jt and war.
yes u2,s eairly stuff is much much better.

Yeah, maybe Bono should carry a bottle of holy water around with him so that he can ward off any evil popstar he encounters, :)

Come to think of it, I think Bono's holy rock halo might be tarnished just by living on the same planet as Justin and Beyonce.

Bono has always had iffy tastes.
His likes and dislikes have got nothin to do with U2's musical output - they are his own.
I can definitely see a Bono solo project in the near future which would be a good outlet for his 'iffy' musical tastes AND would also keep those 'tastes' away from U2 sessions.

RockNRollDawgie said:
:ohmy:

Agreed! Please Bono, don't sing/colloborate with Justin.
Beyonce was bad enough. :ohmy:

I agree & J. Ho was even worse ! Still, having said that-there are a lot of performers out today that offend me far worse than Justin Timberlake. He's not really my taste, but at least he can sing & Bono does have two daughters who are the perfect age to be big Justin fans-so I'm sure that has something to do with it too.
Besides, I think we all have our "guilty pleasures" that we are not proud of:der:

I'm sorry, but I feel hanging out with shit like Timberlake and J-Lo cheapens the image of Bono and U2. I don't care if it was for his daughter, he should teach her to have better musical taste. I mean, let HIS taste rub off on HER, not vice versa! :no: Timberlake makes me sick in every way. He looks gross and his 'music' is unbearable. This is an embarrassment to the band I cringe to see. And after they fought so hard for their legendary status! Don't anyone think it doesn't matter, if some diehard U2 lovers are disgusted by this, think how it must look to the casual fan. Please, Bono, pick your connections better for everyone's sake. What happened to the guy in 2000 who hated trashy boy bands? Help!:scream:

Last edited:
I agree with you Tiaragurl. An evening out with the family is being portrayed as a sleepover with Satan. Can't the guy just have fun, without all the moral baggage?

I despise it when people throw around the term 'closed minded' to everyone they disagree with. That's why I avoid FYM most of the time. I got my fill of that on other sites. My mind opened damn long enough to consider everything I said, and I don't regret a word of it. I was thinking very deep and long term and not just on the surface of ooh lookie how cute he took the girl to see Justin! It was because I didn't take it just as face value and I did think openly and deeply that I thought of it that way. And I still do. Shaun Vox is right too:up: This fraternizing and collaborating with trash so far beneath them is a disgrace to the name of U2. Edge complained about the hanging out with dodgy politicians but at least that was a good cause. How long before Edge, Adam and Larry get fed up with the association with dodgy singers?

Last edited:
I'd go partying with Justin

so he doesn't put out rock music, big deal

within his own genre he's probably one of the best there is

+ he seems to be a nice guy

+ I fail to see what this has to do with U2's musical output

they did the Band-Aid thing with Spandau Ballet, didn't they, but did that make the Joshua Tree (which came out two years after the collaboration) crappier?

in fact, I question why I even use that argument considering that there is absolute no music involved in this story, just a guy going out and enjoying himself with someone else in his own circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom