11 O'Clock Tick Tock Version Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jon Seidman

The Fly
Does anyone know if there is a studio version of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock floating around out there that does not fade out when The Edge starts with those Westminster chime harmonics? When they played it live the song would kick in again after that but the original studio version cuts short. Anyone know what I am talking about? Anyone? Anyone?

Does anyone know if there is a studio version of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock floating around out there that does not fade out when The Edge starts with those Westminster chime harmonics? When they played it live the song would kick in again after that but the original studio version cuts short. Anyone know what I am talking about? Anyone? Anyone?

The extended version was released as a bside to one of the UF singles i believe.

It is included on the bonus disc of Boy Remastered in full. There is a fade out, during the solo

The original single cut off before the solo. I don't think a version exists that is as long as the live version though

Thanks. I was looking for something that extended beyond the 'extended' version. I guess it doesn't exist.

Thanks. I was looking for something that extended beyond the 'extended' version. I guess it doesn't exist.

Not so fast--it does exist. Here are the three different studio mixes of "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" with particulars:

Studio Version (3:45)
"11 O'Clock Tick Tock" Single
"11 O'Clock Tick Tock" Promo
Singles Pac 1
"Martin: The Work of Martin Hannett" Album
U2 Sampler 1985 Promo
U2 Sampler 1987 Promo
"Boy": Remastered Deluxe Version
Studio Version with Full Edge Guitar Solo at the End (4:03)
"And Here is the Young Man Album" - Various Artists
Studio Version with Longer Synth Intro and Full Edge Guitar Solo at the End (4:10)
"Pride (In the Name of Love)" Single
"The Unforgettable Fire": Remastered Deluxe Version (maybe one day???)

If anyone out there could email me an mp3 of the studio version from the pride 12" i would be forever grateful. i could return the favor with some other tune if i have it! i actually have the vinyl but nothing to play it on.

Back
Top Bottom