(11-20-2006) U2 at Corner Hotel (to film WITS video) - The Herald Sun*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 at Corner Hotel

By Cameron Adams

ROCK royalty came to the streets of Richmond yesterday when U2 filmed a music video at the Corner Hotel.

U2 filmed scenes for Window in the Skies with 300 extras at the pub. The song will be the next release from their new compilation 18 Singles.

Bono talked with fans before entering the venue, coming straight from a meeting with Treasurer Peter Costello.

The extras all signed confidentiality clauses.

Scenes were shot inside the bandroom and on the rooftop beer garden.

It's not the first time the Corner has hosted a rock great -- Mick Jagger played a secret solo show at the venue in 1988.

U2 head to New Zealand tomorrow, before gigs in Japan and Hawaii that finish their rescheduled world tour.

The band played to more than 350,000 people during their Australian tour this month, which ended in Melbourne on Sunday.

U2 also filmed footage at their Melbourne concert on Saturday, which is expected to be used on a DVD.

Meanwhile, U2 are beating their heroes the Beatles in record stores this week.

U2's 18 Singles is flying out of record stores.

The record sold more than 10,000 copies nationally on its first day of release on Saturday, with more than 100,000 copies shipped to record stores to cope with demand.

U2 are expected to be No. 1 and the Beatles' new compilation, Love, at No. 2 on next week's Australian chart.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20792944-661,00.html

"U2 also filmed footage at their Melbourne concert on Saturday, which is expected to be used on a DVD. "

is this true? What is the concert like, does it have more energy than Chicago and Milan?

Balfron said:
"U2 also filmed footage at their Melbourne concert on Saturday, which is expected to be used on a DVD. "

is this true? What is the concert like, does it have more energy than Chicago and Milan?

:yes:

The Melbourne show was absolutely breathtaking. And has twice the energy of Chicago and Milan.

I was at the Saturday Melbourne show and it was awesome. I guess it had great energy because we had all been waiting over a year to see them.

By sheer luck U2 were filming their filmclip at the Corner Hotel which is literally 5 doors down from my office. We were wondering why the road had been blocked from 6am!

I left work and didn't go back!

I'll never curse going into work again.

Back
Top Bottom