(06-19-2006) The Weeks Ahead -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
The Weeks Ahead

Word is that it shouldn't be too long before we get more news on the postponed Vertigo Tour dates.

Arthur Fogel from TNA, the international promoters of U2’s Vertigo Tour told U2.com this week, “We've been working hard to get news for ticket holders and we hope to have some answers/an announcement within the next few weeks”.

We know many U2 fans are trying to make plans for the year ahead, but with this in from TNA, hopefully your wait is close to over.

--U2.com

Harry Vest said:
Any chance they'll be back in North America for a few dates???

Run, run!!! Here come the European fans complaining about how U2 panders to America!

No, I would like them to come back to Europe for some dates, with new show and new energy. First do the re-scheduled shows, then some Europe shows, then back to America, and then make a new album and start the touring all over again ... poor guys.

I thought this was interesting info. I saw this on atu2.com

...It's good to see Arthur Fogel and the folks at TNA start to let fans know a timeline for the rescheduled leg of the Vertigo tour. Something to keep in mind - some of the tour personnel who joined U2 last year (and who I'm sure U2 would want to have as tour staff again) are currently working the Madonna tour. According to Pollstar, Madonna's tour concludes September 20th in Tokyo. Maybe this is part of the reason why the tour's announcement is still forthcoming.

Yes its not fair on Aussies...I have been waiting too long for this concert...8 years since they last came..This tour delay was devastating for us but we still remain patient and understanding. Lets hope it gets sorted soon.

I think Australians/NZ's/Japanese are more deserving to see U2 then Americans at the moment...Sorry to offend. :)

Yahweh_OMG said:
I think the Tour has lost its meaning..... but it wouldn't be fair for

I'm pretty darn sure it sure hasn't lost meaning for those who had shows canceled........

of course I want them to return to *ahem* :shifty::giggle: NY, NY again......but this is particularly because it's been the first time -- 2 out of 4 shows {'04, '05}-- I FINALLY got closer and closer seeing them for all this time of 25 yrs of being a fan ,and in 23 yrs of U2 concert-going from seeing them in '83 [a 2 mins rehershal glimpse] to full-out shows from '84 onwards.

I got the equivelant of 15th row "seats"{standing} from where i ended up in the Brooklyn Veritgo gig when they let more 'general public" in at last min.
ANd by the grace of an unexpected credit increase....i was able to luck out on MSG's last minute tix drop/cancelation line with 8th row seats off of Adam's side just past the stage perpendicular , facing the elipse directly- it was about 10 feet past the elipse leaving the stage.

Another 05 show I was graced with a free tix, and I'll be paying my sib off for the next year or so for the ETS tix & pre-show package I still owe her, when she took me along with her for their last NYC show '05.
It's rather made up for alllll the half way or more back in the arenas {like top tier & 3/4's back for ZooTV :yikes:}, or halfway up or more straight back of the stage in all the previous u2 concerts [84 - 2001] friends and I have seen.

But i never made it into the elipse or right by the outer part of the elipse or heart, like many of my friends did.....so OF course i want THAT experience too! :D

BUT ........ok.....I've shown the reccent fun I've had......... I AALSO did catch the last South American concert live via the net ........so in a ways I feel the tour isn't over............JUST IN "suspended animation" !!!

...so WHY shouldn't those in Australia, NZ and Japan have their fantastic FUN , too?!

I HOPE you all get to see them in the SO-Hemi & Far East!!! :wave: S
GOOOOOOOOOOODDD LUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKk !!!!!!!

:shifty: it's very easy for me to reawaken my "fannish concert frenzyness"!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
I'm glad to see the updates. And it would be great if the Aussies/Kiwis/Japanese and Hawaiians get a preview of some new music.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom