(02-14-2003) Bono Donates Sunglasses for Entwistle - Yahoo News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://biz.yahoo.com/

Musical and Visual Artists Donate Memorabilia to American Heart Association In Memory of John Entwistle
Friday February 14, 10:01 am ET

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., Feb. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Musical and visual artists influenced by the work of bass player, John Entwistle are donating memorabilia to the American Heart Association's Heart-to-Heart Gala, scheduled for Saturday, May 17 at the Hyatt Regency, Irvine, 17900 Jamboree Road, Irvine, CA

All items will be available to Heart-to-Heart Gala patrons during a silent auction that precedes dinner and musical entertainment. Proceeds will be used to fund research and educational programs designed to reduce the toll of heart disease and stroke, our nation's No. 1 and No. 3 killers, respectively.

Entwistle's ex-wife Max Harlow, an artist in Southern California and her manager, Randi Holden of RTC Entertainment, Inc. are organizing donations as a tribute to her former husband. Artists who appeared in the live and film versions of Tommy are among those who have agreed to contribute an item to the auction. "It was the least I could do, I was honored that I was asked," says Billy Idol. Idol donated a signed display poster from his "Kiss the Skull" show at the Roxy last year.

"John would be proud to know that his friends and peers are pledging their help. I am overwhelmed by everyone's generosity, it's very touching," says Holden. "Max wanted to turn tragedy into triumph," explains Randi. "I wanted closure and this is my way of saying goodbye and at the same time bringing forth awareness," adds Max.

At the time of his death on June 28, 2002, Entwistle was taking medication for a heart condition. According to medical reports, he died of a heart attack brought on by drug use. In addition to raising awareness of the toll of heart disease and stroke, Entwistle's family and friends also wish to remind their fans of the dangers of drug use.

Musical and visual artists who have graciously donated items, to date, include: Patti Labelle, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, N'Sync, Counting Crows and No Doubt, Jim Altieri, Dave Gink and Delano Garcia.

A complete list of items and their donor, as of February 7, 2003, follows.

For further information please contact Randi Holden, +1-805-498-4764.

ARTISTS PARTICIPATING IN AUCTION
AS OF 02/14/03

NAME

NO DOUBT AUTOGRAPHED GUITAR

CHEAP TRICK AUTOGRAPHED GUITAR

BON JOVI TBA

KENNY G AUTOGRAPHED PHOTOS & CD'S

DAVE GINK (POSTER DESIGNER) SILK-SCREENED ALICE COOPER POSTER

JIM ALTIERI (POSTER DESIGNER) SILK-SCREENED JELLO BIAFRA POSTER

JIM ALTIERI (POSTER DESIGNER) ORIGINAL ART WORK OF BILLY IDOL
POSTER (SIGNED BY ARTIST)

MAX HARLOW LEVI JACKET WITH RIVETS DESIGNED FOR JOHN
ENTWISTLE (BEIGE)

MAX HARLOW AUTOGRAPHED (BY THE WHO)
(4) POSTCARDS LIMITED EDITION

MAX HARLOW FROM JOHN ENTWISTLE'S PERSONAL
COLLECTION, "WHO BY NUMBERS" SWEATSHIRT
DESIGNED BY JOHN ENTWISTLE "ENTWISTLE ART"

PATTI LABELLE AUTOGRAPHED PAIR OF SHOES

CARLOS SANTANA AUTOGRAPHED LITHOGRAPH

N'SYNC AUTOGRAPHED RED LEATHER JACKET

BILLY IDOL AUTOGRAPHED "KISS THE SKULL"
DISPLAY FROM ROXY SHOW

ERIC CLAPTON AUTOGRAPHED RIDING CAP
AND AUTOGRAPHED CD SET

COUNTING CROWS AUTOGRAPHED GUITAR

DROWNING CREEK TBA
(JEFF WOOD AND JUDY GEX)

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE AUTOGRAPHED PHOTO

BRITNEY SPEARS AUTOGRAPHED T-SHIRT
& PHOTO

MADONNA AUTOGRAPHED CD SINGLE

BONO (OF U2) AUTOGRAPHED SUNGLASSES

PAT BENATAR AUTOGRAPHED CD SET & PHOTO

DELANOROCK (POSTER DESIGNER) ARTIST PROOF (POSTER) OF
PUBLIC ENEMY SIGNED BY ARTIST

HOUSE OF BLUES TBA

JOAN JETT AUTOGRAPHED LITHOGRAPH

EMINEM TBA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: RTC Entertainment, Inc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom