(01-28-2003) Bono Shines on Lanois CD - Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.rollingstone.com/

Bono Shines on Lanois CD
Producer releases first album in a decade

Daniel Lanois will release his third solo album, Shine, on April 22nd on Anti-/Epitaph. For the highly regarded producer, who has worked with U2, Peter Gabriel, Bob Dylan, Emmylou Harris and numerous others, the album will be his first as a recording artist since For the Beauty of Wynona a decade ago.

Lanois handled production duty and played most of the instruments himself, though he did enlist some prior collaborators to add vocals to the album. Emmylou Harris sings on the opener, "I Love You," while U2's Bono sings on "Falling at Your Feet," which he co-wrote with Lanois. Lanois also enlisted drummer Brian Blade, with whom he worked on Harris' Wrecking Ball, for the album.

"I wanted the album to be one of those that you put on and you never take off," Lanois said. "I wanted it to have songs that could be embraced by all -- popular songs -- and also mystery songs, snapshot songs, smaller songs, and I wanted to include tripped-out psychedelic instrumentals that take people on a journey."

The track listing for Shine:

I Love You
Falling at Your Feet
As Tears Roll By
Sometimes
Shine
Transmitter
San Juan
Matador
Space Kay
Slow Giving
Fire
Power of One
JJ Leaves L.A.

ANDREW DANSBY
(January 28, 2003)

oops

I think you're confused with "The Ground Beneath Her Feet"... Lanois' song is a completely different one.:wave:

Sorry, that's right... I must be on drugs again.

I apologize to ElectricalVoice... I guess I should have checked to make sure I was right... I mean I own the album

maybe I should listen to it more often!

From the idiot who brought you the second reply

The version of Falling at yout feet is the SAME version that was released in the M$H soundtrack.

Foot fetish

Did anyone notice how many times that album uses "feet" in its song. Maybe it was the Salman Rushdie influence... what's next the Dr. Scholl's Verses?

Can this be bought anywhere? Cause all I have around here are dumbass chain music stores like Fye and Sam Goody....oh, and there's always the "selection" at Walmart. Fuck that store.

"Falling at your feet" is a great song. I have to wonder about the song "I love you". Remember that song U2 did at that one Elevation show called "I love you". I wonder if Lanois' tune branched from that, or if U2 played a song that Lanois was working on. They only did it once, for Edge' birthday song.

M$H Soundtrack

Try HMV.ca, they usually have what others don't and you don't live too far from the border either, so shipping wouldn't be too bad. I've never had any problems dealing with them, and I'm sure they'd be glad to take American dollars over our depressing currency.

Hope it Helps

HelloAngel said:

"I wanted the album to be one of those that you put on and you never take off," Lanois said. "I wanted it to have songs that could be embraced by all -- popular songs -- and also mystery songs, snapshot songs, smaller songs, and I wanted to include tripped-out psychedelic instrumentals that take people on a journey."

:hyper: i want it NOW :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom