(01-06-2005) An Audience With… - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com//news/images/u2show.jpg[/SIMG]
An Audience With…

Check the first of our exclusive extracts from the recently published photo-documentary of U2’s touring history – ‘U2 Show’.

With the announcement of U2’s 2005 Tour expected shortly, the focus of fans will shift from the new album to the unique experience that is the U2 live show.

There is no better place to discover the myriad constituent parts that lie behind the live environment created by the four musicians on stage than a widely praised new book by photographer and writer Diana Scrimgeour.

u2show.jpg

‘U2 Show’ is a lavish photo-documentary which tells the story of U2’s touring history through the eyes of the main players - including the band, key production creatives like Willie Williams, tour promoters, record producers and management.

Ahead of the tour announcement U2.Com will be carrying a series of edited highlights from ‘U2 Show’ – and a competition in which you can win one of five copies of the book.

In our first extract below, Bill Flanagan, one of U2’s most successful biographers, reflects on the band’s ‘direct, personal, almost confessional relationship with the audience.’

To read the entire article, visit U2.com.

Roland of Gilead said:
Is this out in Canada yet? I can't find it anywhere.

Yep. I've seen it in numerous book stores, even the small independent one at the top of my street. What city are you in?

Roland of Gilead said:
Is this out in Canada yet? I can't find it anywhere.

Indigo, Chapters, you name it, it's there. Maybe try Indigo-Chapters online, you might be able to get a deal.

Thanks people! I'll have to go back to my Chapters (Kamloops) and let them have it for not keeping this beautiful looking book on their shelves.

I've had this book for a few weeks now... it's pretty good and quite informative, got some great pics too.

Does anyone else think that it would have made more sense for U2.com to have put this article up just before, or on the same day as, the book's launch?

Back
Top Bottom