Will there be another US leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Toronto will sell out 2 shows in a half hour. My wife and I only got tickets last year because we had to call the accessible line due to my wife having three disabilities. It was her first U2 show ever and my second (my first was in 1992).

By the way, Axver, her disabilities, my numerous health issues and three kids under 12 make travelling to another city a logistical and financial impossibility, so for us U2 skipping Toronto is a very big deal.

Since U2 last came to Australia, they have gone to Toronto on three tours and played a total of four shows, so check out how little sympathy I have.

And I'm legally blind so don't try the disability guilt trip on me.

I'm not sure if it's fair to compare the logistics of taking the show to Oceania with adding major market stops on a tour that's already stopping by others in the region.

Perspective. When was the last time U2 want to Japan?

Just like how I can complain about a restaurant meal not been up to snuff while there are people starving in third world countries.

Overlooking Toronto seems like a very odd choice considering the history with the band.

As for Hewson's earlier comment about LA's size not equaling demand, did the 5 shows they did on I&E undersell? Or the two JT shows at the Rose Bowl? I wasn't aware.

Well, they intended to do eight shows in LA in 2015, sooo...

They also intended to do 2 shows on Popmart in LA, but demand was insufficient. It’s a hit or miss city for U2, and very fickle.

I’m more surprised Chicago isn’t selling out it’s 2nd show! It seems they are going to block off a few sections in each of the upper rear corners. It will probably fill up otherwise, but that’s very shocking. I’ll be there to see it firsthand, that’ll be weird.

As for Hewson's earlier comment about LA's size not equaling demand, did the 5 shows they did on I&E undersell? Or the two JT shows at the Rose Bowl? I wasn't aware.

As Ax just said, they had 8 shows slated for LA in 2015 and only did 5, the 5th show was a struggle.

And LA2 this year has been a very slow seller.
Using Boston for comparison as I see it first hand here, they have a higher demand and sell better here than in LA, and there's a significant difference in population. Boston got 4 shows in 2015, had no issues with ticket sales, and have 2 this year and while the second night has a few hundred unsold tickets, LA2 had thousands unsold until the recent price drops. Boston has always been a good tour stop for rock concerts due to the large college population, but college kids aren't driving demand for U2 tickets these days.

Boston has a pretty special relationship with U2, one that no other American city has enjoyed with the band. Of course I don't need to say that to you, Hewson. The sales there are often outliers though, especially on a per capita basis!

And yeah I'm still blown away by the sluggish sales for Chicago, even more than LA stalling at five in 2015. That's always been a reliable market for the band, one you could bank on without much worry.

Boston has a pretty special relationship with U2, one that no other American city has enjoyed with the band. Of course I don't need to say that to you, Hewson. The sales there are often outliers though, especially on a per capita basis!

And yeah I'm still blown away by the sluggish sales for Chicago, even more than LA stalling at five in 2015. That's always been a reliable market for the band, one you could bank on without much worry.
Well, I'd say the majority of the Northeast still has that relationship. Probably because of the large quantity of us heathen Irish sons of immigrants.

Boston in the blood from growing up there and NYC in my heart from living there for 15 years... anyway, U2 has special shows in Boston for sure.... but I'd venture to say NYC is top city for them the past 10 years at least... more shows... most of them have places here... gigs at talk shows.... flatbed stunts.... biking??.... video shoots... restaurants... they spend a lot more time in NYC than any other american city by far right?

So Boston is the town I love as Bono sang once during Desire Elevation Tour there during the best rendition of the song I ever heard, but NYC wins the gold.

Im sure this will be a proper world tour they have not done it since 360 i believe they dont have too say anything at mo im guessing Aug/Sep we may start hearing things for Oz/Nz im really hoping them lot get a run ive seen loads of people complaining about having too fly or get train from Scotland down South Manchester or London which is pennys too what anyone living down under has too spend like 2wk Holidays just too see some shows.
Also loads of EU left out

Norway
Poland which was ment for this leg
Switzerland

Vienna
Finland
Prague

Scotland

But its the same with everyband make the most of them now cos we just never know only time will tell people

So now that the US tour is over, I’m not feeling optimistic about another US leg. Maybe it’s time to dream it all up again. ..

It’s time to take the standard few years away. They’ll go on vacations, work on music, blow through deadlines and have delays.

I think were due for break. We had 3 tours in 4 years. Still think they'll be back 2020 for something huge.....

Next tour will just be a residency in New York.
They'll have to fight for it

3881db7c4524fd8d7ecd6517141bd49d--billy-joel-coliseum.jpg

I think were due for break. We had 3 tours in 4 years. Still think they'll be back 2020 for something huge.....

I don't think they'll be back for around 4-5 years.

Since the last three albums (and various singles) indicate they have hit a wall generating successful singles (legitimate hits) and they've been around the block here (U.S.) so many times, they'll take that break.

I know many have hopes for a AB30 tour but that is unlikely, I think. Perhaps a modification of the ZOO/TV tour without it being a ZOO/TV anniversary tour. They are obviously into advancing the technology in their stage shows.

Personally I think every international act should stop playing the US until at least November 2020.

But that's me.

If clownface and the red hat brigade want to have their little isolationist pitty party, then that should include getting to see international music acts that don't suck.

America First! Here's Kid Rock f/ Creed.

I also don’t believe they’ll do an AB30 / ZOO TV 2.0 anymore. I’m guessing they will take all of 2019 off, perhaps working on new music in spurts, but nothing serious.

2020 they’ll continue working sporadically. Possibly a few shows to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Boy, perhaps some festivals. Nothing beyond that.

2021- Work intensifies in new album, fall release rumored. Album delayed until 2022.

2022- album released first half of the year, tour that last through 2023. They finally return to Australia and Japan, with mediocre ticket sales.

Personally I think every international act should stop playing the US until at least November 2020.

But that's me.

If clownface and the red hat brigade want to have their little isolationist pitty party, then that should include getting to see international music acts that don't suck.

America First! Here's Kid Rock f/ Creed.

:lmao:

2022- album released first half of the year, tour that last through 2023. They finally return to Australia and Japan, with mediocre ticket sales.

"You forgot about us? Cool, we forgot about you."

I also don’t believe they’ll do an AB30 / ZOO TV 2.0 anymore. I’m guessing they will take all of 2019 off, perhaps working on new music in spurts, but nothing serious.

2020 they’ll continue working sporadically. Possibly a few shows to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Boy, perhaps some festivals. Nothing beyond that.

2021- Work intensifies in new album, fall release rumored. Album delayed until 2022.

2026 it is.

Since U2 last came to Australia, they have gone to Toronto on three tours and played a total of four shows, so check out how little sympathy I have.

And I'm legally blind so don't try the disability guilt trip on me.

My wife has the disabilities, not me. The logistics are the real issue. Anyway, it's a moot point since neither Australia nor Toronto is likely to get a show at this point. Actually, I'd rather see you guys get a show since it's been so long since they've been down your way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom