Can we just agree...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my only U2 I attended was Chicago show in 2011 (at SOldier Field and it was 360 tour, obviously), and it was quite awesome, I really hated it when it was over because I wanted that show to go on.....

I was there in the GA and the setlist that night.....:drool: And the Chicago II show in 2009.

Between those two shows, I got:

Your Blue Room
Miss Sarajevo
Stay (Faraway, So Close)
Zooropa
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly
Mysterious Ways (with a little bit of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World)
Until The End of The World
Ultraviolet
One Tree Hill
:drool::drool::drool:

It only needed some POP to be complete.

The band is well aware that they have a pretty good contingent of fans that will attend multiple nights in a city, otherwise the 4 to 8 night stands they are doing would probably not be viable. Coupled with the fact that they more or less advertised the shows would be done in "pairs" with variances from night to night, its not unreasonable for some folks to be miffed that 19 songs are etched in stone each night.
While its great they have played a fair number of different songs, its sad that only a few slots each night feature rotation.
Nobody expected them to be doing a Grateful Dead or Pearl Jam set list variation, but the expectation was certainly for more shake up than they are providing, and they created that expectation themselves.
this. i have tickets for 2 of the MSG shows and i am considering skipping the second show now. they billed the tour as having different setlists for each pair of shows (a "completely different feeling from night one to night two"). switching out 4 songs per night is a huge fail, if you ask me. they over-promoted and are under-performing those expectations, which they themselves set. plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom