TICKET DROPS thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird that they dropped the upper deck close seats to $100 two days before the show for night 1 but seems like every other show has held a higher price. I wonder if all the LA coverage/Roxy/etc has gotten more people interested so they aren't dropping prices. I have tix for tonight, but was hoping to get singles for Wed, and it looks like it might be tough.

Guys, FYI, yesterday there were no GA DROPS and likely none today. However; i went to the Forum yesterday hoping to find an extra and the box office had MANY tickets for sale (no GA) but they wanted $285. There were about 30 of us who said screw that and waited hiping for a price drop. During the third song the box office dropped all tickets to $105! We all go in with amazing seats for $105. Also:

DO NOT BUY SEATS OFF SCALPERS AT THE LA FORUM. There was a huge line of people with counterfiet tickets with girls crying because they lost $700. Just go to the box office and wait for a price drop!

Thanks for the info! Where were the seats located that you got for $105 - what a deal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Weird that they dropped the upper deck close seats to $100 two days before the show for night 1 but seems like every other show has held a higher price. I wonder if all the LA coverage/Roxy/etc has gotten more people interested so they aren't dropping prices. I have tix for tonight, but was hoping to get singles for Wed, and it looks like it might be tough.

The tickets for LA1 had been discounted months back. We had seats in 231 row 15 that were $87.20 each ($70 ticket price and $17.20 service charge). I had bought those last December.

Those same seats are $118.85 ($100 + 18.85) for this Wednesday's show (LA 5).

You never know, there may be a price drop but the guy in charge said this morning to us in line that if there is a drop it wouldn't be until later after the 1st GA line gets sorted out. Probably around 4:30-5:00. Because it's Sunday they may be hard to get tonight but if you're willing to get a seat and miss the first two songs you can get an amazing seat most likely. Good luck on getting GA TONIGHT!

Do some venues/promoters still hold back seats at the box office that they do not release to Ticketmaster?

Do some venues/promoters still hold back seats at the box office that they do not release to Ticketmaster?

Yes. But it's more common nowadays for those "Resale" (aka TM sanctioned scalping) tickets that remain unsold right up to the afternoon of the show to get released by the original buyers that then go back in the "pool" of last minute ticket drops that make up the majority of last minute tickets available at the box office.

Trying to decide if I pull the trigger on one of the last pairs of $280 uppers that are left or roll the dice for a GA drop or resale availability at the box office. Anyone been in the uppers for these shows?

The tickets for LA1 had been discounted months back. We had seats in 231 row 15 that were $87.20 each ($70 ticket price and $17.20 service charge). I had bought those last December.

Those same seats are $118.85 ($100 + 18.85) for this Wednesday's show (LA 5).

No, that is about the row (13-15) where the break in price was. I was in the front row, dead center (209), I am 100% sure they were $280 seats up until a couple of days prior to the show.

The last 2 nights because there was no GA drop I went to Forum box office around 5:45 and got 2 tickets for section 109 row 9 (last night) and section 110 row 13 (Sat night)- just FYI. Face value and no TM fees.

Much pricier than GA obviously but great seats - don't pay for high priced uppers or on Stubhub - just go to box office.

One way or another, that arena will be full come Wednesday night. Not sure how they do it, but they do. I was at the Rolling Stones show in Columbus on Saturday. There were many tickets still left the day before the show. By showtime the whole place was full

The last 2 nights because there was no GA drop I went to Forum box office around 5:45 and got 2 tickets for section 109 row 9 (last night) and section 110 row 13 (Sat night)- just FYI. Face value and no TM fees.

Much pricier than GA obviously but great seats - don't pay for high priced uppers or on Stubhub - just go to box office.

Thanks much!!!

Ticketmaster has updated the seating chart for the Chicago shows. And there are single GA's available for the June 29th show.

63899s.gif

Is it safe to say that I can buy a ticket at the box office on show night? That's the plan for me, if I can't secure a GA.
Anybody ever NOT get into the show when waiting at the box office on show night?

Haven't posted in awhile, saw LA4 from section 102 row 6. We were right on top of the small stage. They spent a ton of time down there, what a phenomenal view. This tour is the best I remember in a long time. I first saw them in '87. Wanted to post a video clip from my phone but couldn't. Thx for all the great tips on tix, hope to see some of you in the box office line tomorrow!

Is it safe to say that I can buy a ticket at the box office on show night? That's the plan for me, if I can't secure a GA.
Anybody ever NOT get into the show when waiting at the box office on show night?

Happened to me once for a June Boston show on Vertigo. Zero, zip, nada GA or seat. I was such a sad sack outside while the show was going on.

Happened to me once for a June Boston show on Vertigo. Zero, zip, nada GA or seat. I was such a sad sack outside while the show was going on.

Happened to me in 05. Waited at the box office and was never able to get a ticket to the 2nd Anaheim show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom