All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think originally the lists were done with good intentions. People would get their numbers, but would need to stay in line, only leaving to use the bathroom or grab a bite really quick. The numbering system basically kept order and protected the line from people who tried to butt in later in the day, because if they didn't have a number and weren't on the list then you had proof that they were just trying to cut in line.

But the system has taken on a life of it's own and is way out of hand these days.

This is exactly how it started out on the Elevation Tour. In my experience, anyway. This is how I've been assuming this tour will continue to be. However judging by the horror stories, that isn't the case.

Oh, btw. I don't want to be first in Chicago. Someone else can be the line nazi that way. But my name is still on the list.

This is exactly how it started out on the Elevation Tour. In my experience, anyway. .

Right this was the case for Elevation. Basically showed up, put your name on list and wrote your number on your hand and camped out in the line. Leave for a bathroom break or food or to put stuff in the car. But you spent the day in the line and you met some cool fellow U2 fans and swapped stories.

Right this was the case for Elevation. Basically showed up, put your name on list and wrote your number on your hand and camped out in the line. Leave for a bathroom break or food or to put stuff in the car. But you spent the day in the line and you met some cool fellow U2 fans and swapped stories.

Exactly. It was so much fun. It was on the Vertigo Tour as well. 360 was..odd. It didn't have that same communal spirit.

But remember guys. They can't do a lottery. Because if the coveted BiggestU2FansEverTM aren't in front, U2 will play a crappy show because they will not have their "energy" to carry them through the gig...:wink:

But remember guys. They can't do a lottery. Because if the coveted BiggestU2FansEverTM aren't in front, U2 will play a crappy show because they will not have their "energy" to carry them through the gig...:wink:

I've only stood at near main stage once this tour (3rd "row") and the energy was infinitely better around the B-stage. Most on the main stage rail ( the night I was there) were taking pictures the entire show. Like, the ENTIRE show. From what I saw, they were taking fantastic pics (for point and shoot cameras) but it seriously didn't look like they were rocking out. Just standing with their cameras/phones. The whole time. I enjoyed the B-stage so much more even though the band isn't there for too long. I remember front rail people having more fun during 360. :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

^

Don't even get me started on this. I think I took 10 photos combined at the two shows I attended, and most of those were taken between songs. I mean, to each their own as it pertains to photographing/recording shows, but I show up to experience the concert, not chronicle it. And I need my arms free for air drums. Duh.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

^

Don't even get me started on this. I think I took 10 photos combined at the two shows I attended, and most of those were taken between songs. I mean, to each their own as it pertains to photographing/recording shows, but I show up to experience the concert, not chronicle it. And I need my arms free for air drums. Duh.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

I totally understand. I a point not to take too many pictures because I didn't want to miss the show this last Wednesday.

I've only stood at near main stage once this tour (3rd "row") and the energy was infinitely better around the B-stage. Most on the main stage rail ( the night I was there) were taking pictures the entire show. Like, the ENTIRE show. From what I saw, they were taking fantastic pics (for point and shoot cameras) but it seriously didn't look like they were rocking out. Just standing with their cameras/phones. The whole time. I enjoyed the B-stage so much more even though the band isn't there for too long. I remember front rail people having more fun during 360. :shrug:

I noticed that last night! On Adam's side of the stage, at one point, there seemed to be no one moving because everyone in front was taking pictures. :doh:

For last Wednesdays show everything went fine. Got there after 8 and was a little over 100 in line. There was a list but it was very chill and got the wristband right after 9 am. No problem with people in line or forum staff. It seems that since then this "list" idea has taken a life of its own and that's sad!:sad: Having said that I got a rail spot on the e-stage and that was soooo much fun!:applaud: could still see the main stage and just had fun. Have GA's for this Wednesdays show But I can't do the whole get there early thing, list, line, wristband thing. Plan on getting there around 6 and I land were I land and plan to have lots of U2 fun!!!:D See you all there.:wave:

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full so I'll ask here. I'm flying through New York to Europe the same time U2 will be in town, and I figure if I get there a day early, I might be able to check out a show. But unfortunately I am flying into Newark, so how big of a pain in the ass would it be to get from the Newark airport to the MSG area? Especially if you are carrying a big ass piece of luggage...

Take the airtrain to ny penn. You'll be fine

There probably a little less than 300 rail spots with the stage configuration. People roll in at 6 pm and can find a spot along the rail. FYI

That's still how it is here, and that's the part I love about lining up. Spending the whole day with people just as crazy about your favourite band as you are, just sharing stories, discussing songs.. it's basically a real life forum. :wink:

Where did it all go so bloody wrong in the US?

I'll take a few pictures London 3 cos I'm in a seat, but only during slower numbers. I want a few pictures, and I reckon it doesn't matter what they're playing when I take 'em.

London 4, however, I'm in GA so no pics, no matter how close I get to the stage. I'll be going nuts in a terribly uncoordinated and wheezy way.

Barack-Obama-Stunning-Decline.jpg

:wink:

That's still how it is here, and that's the part I love about lining up. Spending the whole day with people just as crazy about your favourite band as you are, just sharing stories, discussing songs.. it's basically a real life forum. :wink:

What went wrong is a group of fans want to make sure they get the prime spots, so they start the line way earlier than necessary. Then, because they don't want to camp, they institute a list enabling them to be at the top of the list but also free to go places.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Canadians have been saying this for years.

What's really pissing me off is these assholes are now coming up to Toronto & Montreal to impose their fucking bullshit on us as well.

Stay home, you pricks.

French Canadians called the police on them the second day in Montreal and I have never witnessed such an excellent moment in my life.

What went wrong is a group of fans want to make sure they get the prime spots, so they start the line way earlier than necessary. Then, because they don't want to camp, they institute a list enabling them to be at the top of the list but also free to go places.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I guess it all went wrong when power was given to people who can't handle it.. so they're in way over their heads and can't even see how ridiculous this shit has become.

Canadians have been saying this for years.

What's really pissing me off is these assholes are now coming up to Toronto & Montreal to impose their fucking bullshit on us as well.

Stay home, you pricks.

French Canadians called the police on them the second day in Montreal and I have never witnessed such an excellent moment in my life.

:lol: God yes I remember you telling us very excited what had happened afterwards. That was glorious.

Montreal 2 on 360. This was about 4:30am if I recall, people stayed overnight in tents in the rain after that torrential downpour and were rightfully in the front. We showed up about 4am not on a list but just physically THERE as normal humans would do, prepared to spend our day in line after an hour of fucking sleep after show #1. Then, one of our American 'friends' shows up with her fucking list and tries to tell the people in the front they are at the back behind 'the list' after all of them who are checking in at 5 I think it was (I might be off with my times here but close enough). Montrealers at front lost their shit, called the police and French Canadian cop in his Frenglish says 'if you are not in this line there is NO LINE!' grabbed someone's sharpie and started numbering our hands. We ended up in the 60s because well, there were about 50+ people physcially truly ahead of us. People started showing up with their garbage 'numbers' and realized they had to go to the back and said 'oh, fuck this, this is bullshit...'. Yeah, it WAS bullshit before the cops showed up...

I really want to see this so terribly at other shows. It worked out since Montreal was in a temporary venue and there wasn't really any security around us just outside the entrance until right before they allowed us in further which was about 7am, which is why the police were the 'authority' there at the time. Not some joe security guy that had the wool pulled over his eyes by some American line nazi that explained 'this is how U2 shows work' by bringing some list started prior to the show the night before.

Attachments

• 271727_10150245582197671_3281570_o.jpg
    271727_10150245582197671_3281570_o.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom