Sydney Setlist Party Night 2 14 December 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i actually can't believe that Kings Cross story... i didn't think Bono was still cool enough to be doing shots with strangers and Eddie Vedder at 6am in a seedy Cross club.

Baron's in Kings Cross. It had been there forever, 1960s or earlier - quite well known and loved in Sydney - but sadly got turned into a boutique hotel a couple of years ago. But yes, it was a Bono haunt from way back. Nothing pretentious. 'Bohemian' would be the nice way to put it, i.e., lots of odd characters.

Baron's in Kings Cross. It had been there forever, 1960s or earlier - quite well known and loved in Sydney - but sadly got turned into a boutique hotel a couple of years ago. But yes, it was a Bono haunt from way back. Nothing pretentious. 'Bohemian' would be the nice way to put it, i.e., lots of odd characters.

very cool :up: sounds like something out of Bill Flanagan's book.

here's hoping you get to see them in Dublin mate! i'm off to bed.

Sydney #2
December 14, 2010

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)
3. New Year's Day
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. All I Want Is You / Need You Tonight (snippet) / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Slide Away (snippet)
10. Love Rescue Me
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. Scarlet
19. Walk On
20. One
21. Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23. With Or Without You
24. Moment Of Surrender

Looking forward to seeing AIWIY and LRM on youtube later today! :love:

Perth #1 is in four days. See ya soon. Will U2 break out even more surprises at the end of a leg?

It's damn hard to find some good video's on youtube from this concerts. When they were in europe you could find tons of material already the next day.

personally prefer the sound of a gig where everyone's just been jumping about fucking enjoying themselves rather than a huge crowd of people at the very front standing still lest their crap-quality phone footage is too shaky. :wink: :hmm:

Love Rescue Me and Scarlet both debuted this leg. I think no one saw that coming.:ohmy:

gareth brown said:
personally prefer the sound of a gig where everyone's just been jumping about fucking enjoying themselves rather than a huge crowd of people at the very front standing still lest their crap-quality phone footage is too shaky. :wink: :hmm:

:up::up::up:

aka Brisbane 1

34h8a2r.jpg

BEST. NIGHT. EVER. And after last night's show that's saying something. I think this was the best night on the tour. :drool:

schnumi said:
It's damn hard to find some good video's on youtube from this concerts. When they were in europe you could find tons of material already the next day.

The show ended an HOUR ago...

It isn't the next day over there yet

Well, Love Rescue Me certainly proves that bringing back a rarity does not immediately mean a good thing. Nice to see All I Want Is You in there though.

djerdap said:
Well, Love Rescue Me certainly proves that bringing back a rarity does not immediately mean a good thing. Nice to see All I Want Is You in there though.

Lrm was incredible. Would have preferred mercy, but props to them

i'm going to assume baby please come home would be too much of a surprise to expect for perth.

i was thinking at least a line or two from i believe in father christmas or at the last show

AIWIY and LRM were amazing. Before AIWIY Bono talked about coming here in 1984 and 1989. Mentioned that they were going to give us a little bit of Lovetown. Cue AIWIY followed by LRM.

Bono played some nice harmonica at the end of AIWIY and then it went into LRM which I am sure was only meant to be a verse or two but Bono kept signalling to the others to keep going. In the end it became the full song. Bono even got the crowd to sing the sha-la-la's at the end.

Tonight on the whole was freaking incredible. Of the 6 shows I have seen (2x Brisbane, 2x Melbourne and 2x Sydney) it sits up there at the top. No Bad or Mercy but the 'little bit of Lovetown' made up for that. Was nice too to get UV which I simply adore.

The GA pit went off big time. Seriously big time.

I am stoked. 6 shows in 14 days. All GA, in the line up before 11am each day (flying in from interstate on the day when required) so a big effort but very worthwhile. All over now though since I am not going to Perth.

*yawn*
Hey, guys! Just thought I'd check out the setlist party thread...anything interesting hap-
9. All I Want Is You / Need You Tonight (snippet) / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Slide Away (snippet)
10. Love Rescue Me
HOLY SHIT
I realize this is getting greedy, but...what with the recent Rattle and Hum love, perhaps they'll remember that God Pt. II exists? :hyper::hyper::hyper:

All I Want Is You and Love Rescue Me. That's just awesome, can't wait for the vids!

Have simply loved these shows.

We got Stingray, Mercy, North Star. 3 brand new songs.

We got Scarlet, Love Rescue Me. 2 very rare songs. Scarlet never played ever before!

We got Ultraviolet and a massively emotional Bad. Two of my favourite songs.

We got 'shine like stars' in One.

We got the ever so lovely Amazing Grace.

So many highlights. Just need an ATYCLB hater to come in now and poo-poo the whole thing. :doh:

U2 are on fire at the moment. Sounding so tight it is hard to believe.

The 360 tour sound system is amazing. The best stadium sound I've ever heard. Loud but clear. And the endings to the big songs, e.g. Elevation & Vertigo, is off the richter scale.

Good crowds on the whole. Brisbane were a bit off. But Sydney and Melbourne were amazing. I am proud of the Aussies. Hope the Perth people continue the tradition.

Jay Z was a surprise. I liked his set!

:applaud:What a show that was! Crowd was out of control!, obviously as a result of the band's spectacular performance! AIWIY and Love Rescue Me are obviously tonight's highlights, and I liked Bono's intro to them, about Adam :lol:

Oh and I had a very quick chance meeting with Dallas at the back of the stage (I know this isn't a big deal for most of you probably as you probably meet the crew/band a lot at shows, but it is for me :wink:) and then he came back and gave me a pick, couldn't believe it. Made my night anyway, and that was before the show began! :wave:

I think jawdropping is appropriate here. 2010 is officially awesome.

Back
Top Bottom