Helsinki II setlist party 21-08 part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And oh, the best version of NS imho is the iem matrix mix posted on u2start..

U2 start.com | North Star & Glastonbury IEM Matrix

Thanks for pointing this out...these are really high-quality! (Now to pray that someone gets an IEM recording of Every Breaking Wave...)

EDIT: I don't know why, but I really like the "robot voice" on Glastonbury. I know it's just something they use to keep track, but it adds to the song in a weird way...

Could I get a PM of the Stingray and North Star MP3's as well?

Also if someone has a good quality EBW MP3 that they wouldn't mind uploading and PM'ing to me, that would be great too.

Thanks!

Just trying to catch up with all that stuff, listened to the new songs and watched the video. What a great great set! Seeing what U2 has done in Helsinki gives me a lot of hope for the Vienna show. Bono sounds fantastic on these new songs. Love the return of NLOTH, though the chorus doesn't work in that accoustic version. Love the new songs. Very excited about the boys shaking things up :hyper:

I got an Edge IEM mp3 of North Star that is fantastic. Sounds like a studio version of the song. :)

I nearly busted a nut when I saw EBW was played and it's beyond gorgeous!!!!! :drool: Can't wait to hear it full band! The boys have come out swinging, SOON, Stingray, North Star, Glastonbury and now this, we've entered a space longtime U2 fans have been craving about like me, unreleased songs road tested!! I think they're starting to realize time is a tickin and we need to get this shit out and the best part is that it's really good. SOA will be amazing!!!!

At least the song was there at all. I hope that doesn't entirely replace the electric version, but it is cool to see them rearrange their song, this being version 3.0. I will say that I really liked hearing them do an acoustic rendition with the rhythm section playing, but I agree with the above comment that the chorus didn't sound right.

I got an Edge IEM mp3 of North Star that is fantastic. Sounds like a studio version of the song. :)

Could you pass it on? It's a beautiful song. Thanks :)

Alternate version of NLOTH was ok, prefer the more rocking version!

At least the song was there at all. I hope that doesn't entirely replace the electric version, but it is cool to see them rearrange their song, this being version 3.0. I will say that I really liked hearing them do an acoustic rendition with the rhythm section playing, but I agree with the above comment that the chorus didn't sound right.

Totally agree. The verses sounded fine, the chorus not so much. It sounded like Bono didn't really know how to sing the chorus and the pause was kind of ackward. I hope they bring back the magical full band version from last year, but maybe B doesn't want to "play" guitar on that one any more :lol:

Just a heads up, the U2torrent file that's up for this show is absolutely FANTASTIC quality. I'm seriously astounded how clear it is! :up:

Just a heads up, the U2torrent file that's up for this show is absolutely FANTASTIC quality. I'm seriously astounded how clear it is! :up:

Galeongirl, i thought you hated U2 and were always negative? maybe i won't ignore you! :wink:

seriously though, yes. i'm guessing you're talking about the Heartland version, right?

Galeongirl, i thought you hated U2 and were always negative? maybe i won't ignore you! :wink:

seriously though, yes. i'm guessing you're talking about the Heartland version, right?

If you are ignoring me, why are you quoting my posts? :wink: They would be invisible for ya.

Busted. I Knew you secretly liked me! :love: Now c'mere you! :hug:

Yep, 2010-08-21 - Helsinki (heartland,ECM719,IRiverH120)[u2torrents.com].torrent. It's really incredibly awesome quality. And it sounds like it was a great night. Possibly this legs Amsterdam II.

Yep, 2010-08-21 - Helsinki (heartland,ECM719,IRiverH120)[u2torrents.com]_torrent. It's really incredibly awesome quality. And it sounds like it was a great night. Possibly this legs Amsterdam II.

:love: I guess I'll have to dl this one too....the others were great, but hearing the reviews on the Heartland dl, I just have to check it out. Definitely one of the best shows yet. :drool:

Looking forward to the next show....Thursday??? Surprise me more boys. :cute:

great U2 is finally mixing up the setlists more!!! And great they are trying out and developing new songs on the road!!!

If you compare this setlist with the first real concert last year in Barcelona:

-8 songs that were played now, and not in Barcelona
-6 songs that were played in Barcelona but not in Helsinki
-1 song in a real new arrangement (NLOTH)

Guess I have to download the third (heartland) version and delete the other two. Downloaded the Corenol one by accident yesterday, not seeing the heartland one listed :doh: :grumpy:

and I get an error message with rapid share :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom