Setlist Party! Phoenix, AZ 10/20/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm gonna post pictures and stuff later but i have one thing to say right now... ASTROBABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

DSCN5726.jpg

oh and i've been meaning to ask, did bono praise any other war criminals today? did he thank mussolini for his positive work in ethiopia, or anything else of the sort?

Did you miss the part where he declared his undying love for Mussolini? He had a big poster that said I HEART BENITO with glittery unicorns and sparkles and everything.

i'm gonna post pictures and stuff later but i have one thing to say right now... ASTROBABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

So what did you think of Crazy Tonight?

Noooo, In A Little While is better than Your Blue Room. I don't think they'd play YBR for the DVD shoot, it just takes the air out of the show. It's a beautiful song but the audience will wander off, and I don't think they want that on a DVD.

But I kind of agree about Stay. I think they should play both. The accoustic set should at least have 2 songs. Interestingly enough, most concert reviews I've seen seemed to love the accoustic Stuck version because it brought such an unlikely intimacy into the show and was a good example of U2's "souldfulness".

You're kidding about "In a Little While" being better than "Your Blue Room"???

"In A Little While" is a nice little ditty of a song that for the life of me I can't believe was even considered for a stadium tour while "Your Blue Room" is experimental-let's take a chance-U2 at their best...fits with gems like "The Unforgettable Fire" and" Until The End Of the World" and certainly works on an emotional level (especially with hardcore fans)...I'm just so disappointed that "Bad" was played only ONCE in North America and yet they've pulled "In A Little While" out several times...can't figure those guys out sometimes.:huh:

looks like a good set. i don't mind the ATYCLB songs because i really like that album. though if the band chose more 90's songs over the ATYCLB songs, i would not complain one bit.

looks like a good set. i don't mind the ATYCLB songs because i really like that album. though if the band chose more 90's songs over the ATYCLB songs, i would not complain one bit.

How dare you not complain about the ATYCLB songs?!?!?!?!

not important but i just heard that phoenix's attendance was roughly 66,000 out of a possible 70,000. vauge numbers but still impressive i think :) i was there and by the time the show started the only empty seats i saw were the upper decks in the far corners.

putrid.

i felt hard done by when i got 4.

elevation, stuck in a moment and walk on for every show. what a tremendous waste of an opportunity...

they finally get something right by playing your blue room, then pretty much ditch it. if they're worried about the crowd, then they should be looking at stuck and walk on. completely abysmal.

this will be the one thing that stands out in my mnid when i think about this tour... the elevation 360 tour.

:up: I fully agree

You're kidding about "In a Little While" being better than "Your Blue Room"???

No I'm actually not kidding. I'm talking about live performances here. IALW is one of my all time favourite u2 songs, I love its playfulness and I totally enjoyed it when they played it live at the shows I went to. YBR is beautiful on record, but not great live, as everyone can see from the audience's reactions. They will never put that one on the DVD. It was nice they played it, though.

No I'm actually not kidding. I'm talking about live performances here. IALW is one of my all time favourite u2 songs, I love its playfulness and I totally enjoyed it when they played it live at the shows I went to. YBR is beautiful on record, but not great live, as everyone can see from the audience's reactions. They will never put that one on the DVD. It was nice they played it, though.

didn't realise you'd seen your blue room live.

And In a Little While makes the crowd go bonkers? Nah, I'd rather have a pro-shot classic like YBR than a weak track from a mediocre album.

You're both wrong about the track and the album.

But ok, there is a lot of ATYCLB hate on here. U2 should play even more songs from that album.

didn't realise you'd seen your blue room live.

No, I haven't, but I've seen videos of it. And as far as I know, people were allowed to make judgements based on boots and videos only when the tour was in Europe, so I think I'm allowed to have my opinion here as well. I would have loved to see it live, I'm just saying that it's not a good song for a stadium live setting.

Did you miss the part where he declared his undying love for Mussolini? He had a big poster that said I HEART BENITO with glittery unicorns and sparkles and everything.

So what did you think of Crazy Tonight?

the Larry/djembe thing i still hate, even more so now because when he goes back to the drums and lays down the beat, with the spire lighting up, it's pretty great. overall a lot better than i thought it would be.

Back
Top Bottom