September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at that..what happened to 80s and sunny :angry:

don't totaslly worry...yet.

I have found over the last 10 years that WCBS 880AM radio's weather is often 10% - 15% MORE accurtaste that vsome of the readios stations and def "Accu" weather....

now I haev't heard it since early eve but they were saying then partly cloudy, partly sunny with A CHANCE of rain/ thunderstorms.....

but it seems like they were building through the night, i was on route 3 yesterday around 2am and all the brights were on

OOOOOoooooooooo, AAAAHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

:D

AS of about 7PM yeasterday eve-- and maybe it IS'NT tall enough when I had to be in the area...
when I passed by on the bus I couldn't see the top of the central tower/ spire.... :shrug:

everyone have a safe journey there ( & back) and have a great time!!!! :hyper::wave:

In Nanuet steeling a Fairfield's internet for a couple hours (I have permission). Excited I am almost there! My hotel in East Rutherford said I might be able to check in around 10. Hope I can so I can nap before heading to the stadium

SMB

Hmm^ cancellations would cause utter maddness and the band millions so I doubt they'd cancel..anyway, any suggestions coming from long island as to going thru the city or doing the cross bronx to the tpke which I hate on a good day :hmm:

yes... leave early or take the train. midtown manhattan is pretty much shut down right now. there are police baracades lining park avenue from midtown all the way up towards harlem. the midtown tunnel is technicaly south of the UN but i would imagine it's a nightmare as well.

if you must go thru manhattan, even at like midday, head south and take the manhattan or brooklyn bridge across and take canal street to the tunnel. i'm sure it'll be a clusterfuck down there, but at least it should be moving (albeit very slowly). otherwise take the cross bronx or even head south thru staten island and go the long way.

or better yet... take mass transit.

I am at the Charlston Plaze outside Worcester. Halfway there! They won't cancel cause of rain. They might cancel Wednesday's show cause the stage is nowhere near ready, but Thursday will be okay. By the way... EPCOT... I love WDW. I co-host a Disney Podcast called "WaltCast". My girlfriend and I are going back to WDW at the end of October, a week after my Texas U2 shows! Something to look forward to on the plane after my last 360 2009 show

SMB

would you stop with this... a picture taken 12 hours ago shows the steel structure of the Claw completed. stop spreading this shit as if you have some sort of inside source...

if you really had an inside source you wouldn't be sitting in the 300s...

yes... leave early or take the train. midtown manhattan is pretty much shut down right now. there are police baracades lining park avenue from midtown all the way up towards harlem. the midtown tunnel is technicaly south of the UN but i would imagine it's a nightmare as well.

if you must go thru manhattan, even at like midday, head south and take the manhattan or brooklyn bridge across and take canal street to the tunnel. i'm sure it'll be a clusterfuck down there, but at least it should be moving (albeit very slowly). otherwise take the cross bronx or even head south thru staten island and go the long way.

or better yet... take mass transit.

Thanks..I was thinking the 59th st bridge to the lincoln tunnel but I think I'll just take the GW instead

Thanks..I was thinking the 59th st bridge to the lincoln tunnel but I think I'll just take the GW instead

i take the 59th street every day (except today of course... i took the day off).

the issue you'll have is that Park Avenue could close at any moment... as it's obvious that after Obama leaves the UN he'll be traveling up Park... why else would they have banned parking and set up police baracades up and down the entire avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom