East Rutherford 2 Thread (Sept. 23-24) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:21 AM
East Rutherford 2 Thread (Sept. 23-24)

And on the day the shows begin (hopefully), let us begin the new thread. Other one is near 1,000. Hope the weather takes a turn.

SMB

Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
Y2K
Refugee

Local Time: 03:21 AM
Any idea when the parking lots start allowing you to park?

Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

http://twitpic.com/photos/thefinalseason

this picture was posted 22 hours ago on the Meadowlands' Giants Stadium twitter feed, hours before you claimed your "inside source" said they weren't even half done yet...

stop scaring people by saying that the stage won't be done.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 07:21 AM
parking updates

any updates after 4 pm on the parking situation would be greatly appreciated. I don't expect they'llbe diverting to other locations before 5 or 5:30 given it's a weekday, but that may be optimistic.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

i would say 1/3rd of the giants stadium parking lot is occupied by new stadium construction, and i imagine they're holding off another section of the lot for the trucks. the IZOD center garage is open but you can't tailgate there, and the small lot that used to be under the Pedestrian Bridge now has an unopened parking garage and an unused indoor ski slope that leaks like a mothafucka.

arrive early.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

will be leaving for NJ in about 3 1/2hrs! I am praying for minimal rain and an organized GA Line.. Is that asking for too much? Oh well, I am not going to stress about it. I plan on having the time of my life with two of the best bands ever IMO all in one nite.. Not sure if my can take this but I will do my best.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
The Fly

There's a bunch of photos of them building the stage at Giants Stadium here: WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 - Photo Gallery: Building "The Claw" at Giants Stadium - 9/21/2009
Old 09-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #8
New Yorker

Anyone taking NJ Transit? I have a ride to the show but I may have to take the train home. I usually take the train from my house to the city but I'm uncertain of where to transfer to at Secaucus.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
Anyone taking NJ Transit? I have a ride to the show but I may have to take the train home. I usually take the train from my house to the city but I'm uncertain of where to transfer to at Secaucus.
are you familiar with the PATH trains? you live on long island?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #10
New Yorker

I'm familiar with "path". I live in Middletown, NJ. So it only takes me one train up the NJ coast to get to Secaucus. Im just confused because I went to NJ transit and it doesnt give me the option on "trip planner" to get to the meadowlands. Is it that new that it doesnt show up as a station or is it called something else?

Im also curious as to how far it drops you away from the stadium, the walk to the station after etc.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
I'm familiar with "path". I live in Middletown, NJ. So it only takes me one train up the NJ coast to get to Secaucus. Im just confused because I went to NJ transit and it doesnt give me the option on "trip planner" to get to the meadowlands. Is it that new that it doesnt show up as a station or is it called something else?

Im also curious as to how far it drops you away from the stadium, the walk to the station after etc.
ah ok you live in Jersey... PATH would only help ya if you lived east.

ok, a run down for anyone looking to take the trains, as I took it to Giants Stadium sunday for the Jets/Pats game...

the Meadowlands line has 3 stations... Hoboken, Secaucus and Meadowlands.

Hoboken is empty, Secaucus is packed (people coming from Penn Station stop here)

if you live in NYC or LI, you have two options... a) take NJ Transit from Penn Station to Secaucus, transfer there, and it's about a 10-15 minute ride from Secaucus to the Meadowlands... or, b) take the PATH train (there's a station in Herald Square, a short walk from Penn Station) to Hoboken. Change at Hoboken for the Meadowlands train, about 20-25 minutes from Hoboken to the Meadowlands.

the train lets out right at the entrance for the new stadium, which is being built so close to Giants Stadium that they practicly touch. It's a 2 minute walk from the platform to Gate B of Giants Stadium.

after the show they have 3 trains waiting... once one is filled, it leaves, they start to fill one of the other trains, and a replacement train takes the place of the one that just left. rinse, repeat.

it's very easy... although the line for the train is a little cattle herd-ish, and may seem like it would take forever, especially for those used to the bus lines. but they fill each train to capacity, and that's a lotta people. they say they can move 10,000 people per hour via the train lines... so yea, there's that. as long as you're not behind 10,000 people in line, you're gonna get on a train fairly quickly. i think i waited for about 15 minutes after the Jets/Pats game before I was on a train, and once i was on the train it was out of the station within 5 minutes.

on sunday i would say 95% of the people got off the return train (which was filled) at Secaucus. i stayed on till Hoboken, got off in relative ease, casually walked to the PATH and was back in Manhattan within 15 minutes of arriving at Hoboken.

so if you're coming from Jersey... if you can get to Hoboken instead it'll probably be a smoother transition for you. if your train stops at Secaucus... honestly, just follow the crowds.

to check the schedule you have to click on the giant advertisements on NJTransit's front page, and then compare them to your own line's time table.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 08:21 AM
Right tis time to get to NJ - hope to bang into Gordon Brown along the way.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:21 AM
Headache is REALLY on top of things, damn !
Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Anyone need a setlist update or do you guys have that covered

Headache is the thread hero
Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #15
War Child

Just one note. If you live on LI, just remember that trains don't run that frequently from Penn Station out to the Island at night. So if you are taking the train, go to mta.info and find a stop/station that has pretty regular service. A branch like the Babylon branch is usually good. A branch like the Ronkonkoma branch only has trains every hour, so if you miss one your stuck...