September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this:

[Fun] U2 tickets, level 500 - Page 3 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

For all those who are hoping for better seats on Monday...take heed...

I have it on a very good authority that there were almost 30,000 seats pre-reserved for this show. Thats before the pre-sale.
Those seats are taken by the band, the promoter, and the media.

When seats go on sale Monday, there will be only about 2000 seats left for sale.

I just read that on March 20, U2 sold 650,000 tickets for their U2360 tour in seven hours – that's an average of 112 a second.

That said, they are already going to have a second show, it just hasn't been announced.

You're probably better off taking these 500's or taking your chances on the next ticket sale.

I think he meant 20,000 not 2000

Saw this:

[Fun] U2 tickets, level 500 - Page 3 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

For all those who are hoping for better seats on Monday...take heed...

I have it on a very good authority that there were almost 30,000 seats pre-reserved for this show. Thats before the pre-sale.
Those seats are taken by the band, the promoter, and the media.

I think that's the case with most shows, isn't it? Then, during the day of show, those tickets that were reserved but not taken are sold. At least, that has been the case with shows I've worked with. How cool would it be to roll up to the venue the day of empty handed, and get a sweet seat?

I think that's the case with most shows, isn't it? Then, during the day of show, those tickets that were reserved but not taken are sold. At least, that has been the case with shows I've worked with. How cool would it be to roll up to the venue the day of empty handed, and get a sweet seat?

No, most shows would not allegedly have 60% of all tickets held back. In fact it's a very small number usually.

I don't believe that tidbit about 30K tix being held back.

Nooooo, this is a nightmare. :scream: How can breathe/boots members get shut out in Toronto, but be fine in any other city??

Two Reasons:

1. RIM (Research in Motion) is sponsoring the tour and I am guessing all employees are getting an option to get tickets (their head office) is just outside of Toronto. Their Christmas party a few years ago had a private Red Hot Chili Peppers concert

2. Film Festival week.

Just tried, couldn't get GA... bought 2 for section 126. Anyone know of a decent spot online to trade tickets at facevalue, or anyone got any extras? Travelling from Newfoundland for this...

Sorry if this isn't the right spot to post.

me too, from Newfoundland that is.

Wow, no GAs left, that's crazy

Remember even if you can't get one during the general sale, keep checking back because they often release tickets online at the oddest times.

Hope you track down some GAs, GibGirl.

Two Reasons:

1. RIM (Research in Motion) is sponsoring the tour and I am guessing all employees are getting an option to get tickets (their head office) is just outside of Toronto. Their Christmas party a few years ago had a private Red Hot Chili Peppers concert

man, having a RIM job sounds pretty sweet

:reject:

I'm sorry, I swear thats the last time...its just so easy and makes me giggle like a school girl

Finally a chart that makes sense. I am a horizen member and had presale yesterday. Taking the family so four tickets are expensive. Was going to get GA but my 17 year old daughter is 5' nothing. Too much to risk on her first U2 concert. I tried for the 120 seats but at 10:00 the "best available" was almost behind first base, more towards home plate. I threw those back and chose the 500 section for $30. I scored the first row in the $30's in section 538. (Row 11, 1-4) These were much closer than the ones I threw away. Lots of GA were being snatched yesterday. Looks like not bad seats after all

Looks like Joe O'Herlihy has a huge section just for himself

big lad :wink:

seems like there is really no bad seat in the house, better to be inside the dome that out

Section 129 row 25, well, considering I was left without tickets for the fisrt AC/DC show, I am in! but has anyone got floors GA? still gonna try next monday! see you there guys!

dang i was only able to get seats in 518 with my boots presale :(.. no GA and only the $200+ tix were available.. well it doesn't look too much further than where i was for the concert in '05 at the ACC but still kinda sucks, was hoping for something a little lower at that price point of $97

the whole "recession pricing" is kinda contradictory when i had seats at half price which were about the same distance from the stage the last time :(

Managed to score one GA ticket for Toronto as a Breathe member on Wednesday right at 10am. It was a fluke, I am sure. And when I went back 3 minutes after finalizing the sale, no more GA's available.

I'd been looking for 3 $97 tickets and all this Boots member could get yesterday was in the 524a section, which is dead center, but far away. I hope the sound is okay and that there's enough lightshow, screens, e.t.c., to make it a good show.

Any thoughts on what to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom