September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:heart:

I need to catch up on this thread so many pages. :drool:

I have a question for some of those more experience fans here. I'm buying mt tickets for Chicago, TO and Boston from the UK so will have to pick them up at the willcall window. How long before they let you in do they open that window and is it normally seperate from those wanting ticket drop? I keep getting nervous that I will still be waiting for them to hand me my ticket when the GA line goes in? :uhoh:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Jem, last time I had to pick up my GA for Seattle at the willcalll window, and they finally opened it and gave me my ticket like 15 minutes before the GA line went in. I made it back to my spot in line, I was really stressing out but it worked out fine!

I hope we get a chance to meet in Chicago!! :hug:

I KNOW I MET YOU! Did you and your boyfriend share my tent with me (Cleveland)?

P.S. I'm not sure how to attach a picture of myself here.

hahah yes!! (well actually he's not my boyfriend, he's my gay roommate :wink: but he'll be coming with me to Chicago :D ) that was so awesome. thank you thank you

I thought I had pics on photobucket but I can't find them :angry: they may have been on my old comp and never made it out :sad:

We're lucky enough to be able to crash at one of my husband's relatives for the weekend. And, once again, he lucks out because he won't be bored while I'm in line and at the concert.

BonoIsMyMuse:

:rockon:

Would I be less of a douchebag or more of one if I was hoping for seats for night 2 in Chicago?

Well, considering they haven't announced a second show in Chicago, I'd probably call you deluded rather than a douchebag. :wink:

HA! If they add a second night, I'll definitely try and get a ticket, since I'll already be in town! It would be silly not to go to both after flying all that way. ;)

^ yeah, I'm thinking about that.

for the first show, I'm aiming for GA because I've never been GA before.... I'm actually a bit anxious about it. haha

I got seats for one of the Chicago shows during the Vertigo tour. I enjoyed the seats but I hated it because this drunken woman was behind me and during 'Miss Sarajevo' she collapsed on me cause she was so fucking wasted. my brother and I were laughing so hard cause she was waving the " \m/ " rock sign for U2 and screaming as she was trying to pull herself off me. hahahhaha, her friends apologized to me.

I was pretty far though so if I do get seats for any unannounced Chicago shows, then I'm definitely gonna get closer seats... hoping that another drunken woman doesn't fall over me.. haha.

^ yeah, I'm thinking about that.

for the first show, I'm aiming for GA because I've never been GA before.... I'm actually a bit anxious about it. haha

I got seats for one of the Chicago shows during the Vertigo tour. I enjoyed the seats but I hated it because this drunken woman was behind me and during 'Miss Sarajevo' she collapsed on me cause she was so fucking wasted. my brother and I were laughing so hard cause she was waving the " \m/ " rock sign for U2 and screaming as she was trying to pull herself off me. hahahhaha, her friends apologized to me.

I was pretty far though so if I do get seats for any unannounced Chicago shows, then I'm definitely gonna get closer seats... hoping that another drunken woman doesn't fall over me.. haha.

LOL...nice. Which Chicago show? I was on the first leg, May 7th I believe? Not the one they filmed.

yeah GA is totally worth it, I did it for the first (and only :( ) time on Vertigo tour in Cleveland. Amazing experience, on the rail. It's so amazing to be right there next to the band, and just the whole waiting in line meeting people, the anticipation ... it's really fun.

I wanna be a railskank! :hyper :

:hyper: Me too. :hi5:

There's a definite good chance that I will be still be tipsy when going into the GA line. :reject :

:lol: We can have pre birthday drinks for me. :hyper: Perfect excuse. Then we can do it all over again in Boston for my actual birthday. :hyper:

I don't know if I can to be honest with you. Certain people are f*cking pissing me off and giving me issues about going to a concert. I guess because I have a kid now, I can't have a life. :down :

:( I hope you can make it. :hug:

:eek:hmy : Did someone say margaritas??? :hyper :

Margarita's. :drool:

I have to eat before the show, at least 2 or 3 times. Because of my diabetes, skipping meals or replacing them with snacks is not an option. People would be cool with me leaving the line for a bit just to grab a bite to eat a few times, right?

If anyone has a problem with a diabetic chick leaving the line to eat, they can talk to me. :wink:

DG. What LMPA said ^ . If anyone has issue with that then they are an ass. You're health is so important. :yes:

I'm rooming with 1(maybe 2) people from here. :heart :

Jem we have to meet while you are here :hyper :

Up for that. :hyper:

I'll planning on getting into town early. About 10th. Need to actually see the city this time. :lol: Probably leave around 14th.

I don't know about anyone else, but I say we throw this bonoishot loser out of line if she leaves for ONE SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!

; )

But i'm allowed to pee right? :sad:

:lol:

:wink:

I've known Jem(bonoishot) for almost 4 years and I consider her to be one of my best friends. We're rooming together in fact. :up :

Login | Facebook
^Here's a facebook link for those (possibly) attending the Chicago show and also have a facebook account.
There aren't many people confirmed as guests, but hopefully the list will grow. As with the list on here. :angry :

Joined. :) :hyper:

Jem, last time I had to pick up my GA for Seattle at the willcalll window, and they finally opened it and gave me my ticket like 15 minutes before the GA line went in. I made it back to my spot in line, I was really stressing out but it worked out fine!

I hope we get a chance to meet in Chicago!! :hug :

Thanks for the info. I'm so nervous about will call. I might shoot the box office an email to get the opening times confirmed.

If we both make it ( if i get tickets :crazy: ) i'm sure i will see you in GA or at one of these gatherings. :yes : :hug:

I'm thinking of going to Toronto too, so the douchebag with seats tour can go international :wink :

Okay, I'll stop now :reject :

I'm going to Toronto aswell, but doing GA again. Toronto. :drool:

I must be insane. Chicago ------> Toronto ------> Boston ------> Home. :jetlag:

1 Astrid (AtomicBono) pic
2. Ellen (youtooellen) pic
3. Shannon (Bonosbaby12 )
4. Jem (bonoishot) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/mysteriousways/P1000022-1.jpg

Haha i look drunk in that pic i linked to.

Work has fried my brain, that's my excuse :crazy:

count me on that one :hug:

Seeing the actual dates on live nation caused me to be both excited and filled with anxiety about getting tickets, money, GA set up, money....but the excitement always wins
Either that or I’m a glutton for punishment

chicago

Im there from los angeles.....got air/hotel....
Im a horizons pre-saler just hope i get show tickets now.....'
im staying at the buckingham athletic club.......any positive reviews.......

Hi all -- I'm definitely going to this show:hyper: Hope to meet up with many of you then. Will hopefully bring a few busty girlfriends with me to help with railskank status. I'm up for an all nighter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom