October 28 - Vancouver BC Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely doing GA if Seattle's up next summer...just didn't want to do it for Vancouver when I've got to be driving up from Seattle that morning.

:hi5:

That was my thought, too. I'm not really a GA type of person, but if they come to Seattle next year, I'll tough it out in line. ... assuming it's in the summer and not this shit-tastic season they call "spring" out here.

:hi5:

That was my thought, too. I'm not really a GA type of person, but if they come to Seattle next year, I'll tough it out in line. ... assuming it's in the summer and not this shit-tastic season they call "spring" out here.

Hahahaha, yep. I did GA in Boston last tour, and it was kind of stressful for me because of the large crowd of people and the fear that I would lose my (really good) spot if I had to go pee, but being in the crowd for my first U2 show...something I would never do any other way. In Boston, though, they gave us numbered wristbands at 8am so we could go to work and come back at 5pm or something. I hope hope hope they'll do that if we get a Seattle show; even if it's in the summer it will probably be "June-uary" again like last year.

Lots of pay/cheap parking in downtown Vancouver. Thousands of spots on a weeknight. Also a transit center from all outlying areas. Lots of hotels and restaurants around.

Parking may be tougher if there is a hockey game at GM PLACE next door. Maybe a 20% chance of that happening.

Awesome! :up:

You're talking US funds right? The Field GAs were 55 Cdn. without tax.

:D wow ya know what? the system screwed up but good on tickmaster, they went in and changed the tickets even though my presale code was used up something about a difference between a FANUP code and my member code @ ticketmaster so ya the tix were 6o bucks, 25 more still the sweetest deal in town, man Roland I owe you for catchin this coz your reply made me look at my order info and i had nosebleeds at the opposite end of the fiel :applaud:

A possible stupid question...but...you never know who could throw you a tip

I'm in Victoria B.C. and the U2 tickets for the Vancouver show go on sale Monday April 6 at 10:00 a.m.
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to how I could have a better chance of getting tickets? I'm not a member of u2.com so there's no "pre-sale" stuff going on here...sorry, stupid I know, but...so does anyone out there have any advise for a schmuck like me (who's been a fan since 1980) to aquire tickets??? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

How about posting in that city's thread?
Since you have been here for a while, someone might have an extra ticket that can probably sell it to you for face value?

Some people are already doing this for different stops.
Good luck.

I'm in Victoria B.C. and the U2 tickets for the Vancouver show go on sale Monday April 6 at 10:00 a.m.
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to how I could have a better chance of getting tickets? I'm not a member of u2.com so there's no "pre-sale" stuff going on here...sorry, stupid I know, but...so does anyone out there have any advise for a schmuck like me (who's been a fan since 1980) to aquire tickets??? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Get your laptop /computer & sync up the time to Atomic Time. I also use my cellphone for the time too. Also call Ticketmaster also.

Get the web page up but DO NOT keep refreshing constantly. I usually hit refresh with 5 seconds to go & the pages usually changes to "find Tickets. I suggest you do a dry run on another concert. You need to know where to click your mouse so you are able to navigate through much quicker.

Remember to pick the price you want to pay then leave everything to BEST AVAILABLE otherwise you are asking their system to scan through everything whcih of course takes more time. Narrow it down to a price category will speed things up. Also if you get to the page where you have to type in the code & you are unable to decipher it then try for another one by clicking just to the top right. do not spend too much time trying to figure the codes out. Print out a Seat Map of the Stadium & see where you may want to sit & make note of the sections.

Some are simple to figure out quickly & easy to type & some are completely confusing. Again SPEED is the key here. A few seconds can sometimes make a difference.

These tips have helped me. I am not saying they will work for everyone but they did for me (especially for Coldplay tix)

hope this helps

anyone looking at the (Red) Zone tix? I noticed the minimum finally went up today and there are still 3 days left.

The first show is on my husband's birthday, so I don't want to make him wait out all day, plus it will be easier to take my 8 year old with us if we go this route, but I'll be :doh: if the prices keep going up after the general sale tomorrow...hope they announce Van2 QUICKLY.

It wouldn't be a U2 tour if there wasn't some kind of ticket buying stress :wink:

Get your laptop /computer & sync up the time to Atomic Time. I also use my cellphone for the time too. Also call Ticketmaster also.

Get the web page up but DO NOT keep refreshing constantly. I usually hit refresh with 5 seconds to go & the pages usually changes to "find Tickets. I suggest you do a dry run on another concert. You need to know where to click your mouse so you are able to navigate through much quicker.

Remember to pick the price you want to pay then leave everything to BEST AVAILABLE otherwise you are asking their system to scan through everything whcih of course takes more time. Narrow it down to a price category will speed things up. Also if you get to the page where you have to type in the code & you are unable to decipher it then try for another one by clicking just to the top right. do not spend too much time trying to figure the codes out. Print out a Seat Map of the Stadium & see where you may want to sit & make note of the sections.

Some are simple to figure out quickly & easy to type & some are completely confusing. Again SPEED is the key here. A few seconds can sometimes make a difference.

These tips have helped me. I am not saying they will work for everyone but they did for me (especially for Coldplay tix)

hope this helps

Yes it certainly does...THANKS!!!

Not 2 sure about a second show

anyone looking at the (Red) Zone tix? I noticed the minimum finally went up today and there are still 3 days left.

The first show is on my husband's birthday, so I don't want to make him wait out all day, plus it will be easier to take my 8 year old with us if we go this route, but I'll be :doh: if the prices keep going up after the general sale tomorrow...hope they announce Van2 QUICKLY.

It wouldn't be a U2 tour if there wasn't some kind of ticket buying stress :wink:

Not 2 sure about a second show :huh: as BC place calander lists 6 "move in day"(s) for U2 then 1 day to move out and 1to prep the Lions game on the 31st :hmm: http://www.bcplacestadium.com/calendar/index.html :huh:

The Ticketmaster.ca site is already super slow with 2 hours to go, so I'll definitely be on the phone as back-up.

Can anyone suggest a tip on phoning Ticketmaster? Do you phone any location, is one better than another, etc?

I had THREE separate sets of $95 tickets error out before I could buy them and was so pissed that I ended up switching to $30 nosebleeds. At least they're near the stage, full view. This will be the show my daughter goes to, then.

Bring on Van2. Ticketmaster, you and I are not yet finished:grumpy:.

Just got 2 $95 dollar tix in section 224 (about 30 rows up) via the general sale. total price for 2 tickets was CA $224.50 (using ticketfast delivery method).

Good luck, everyone! :up: I know I'm late to the game, but if you want a direct phone # for TM in Vancouver, it's 604-280-4444.

Hope you can all get what you want!

Wow! I was able to score 2 more GAs via general sale to this show. Now I have 4 total and the bonus of 2 left on my presale access. Sweet!!! :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom