June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim VI- What the f*** are we gonna do??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be worse than postponing them for months or into next year

most of us probably have set up our vacations around the 6th and 7th and flying back home on the 8th.

You might want to ask the rental company if these radios come with auxiliary jacks, if so you can hook up your iPod or iPod like device to the stereo. I also usually bring a tape adapter just in case the radio has a tape deck. I'm fussy about my driving tunes.

Uh-oh... which adapter do I buy? I guess I should ask them whether they provide the adapter or not. Whenever I rent a car I always forget to ask whether they have cars with ipod adapters. Thanks for the reminder!

Yup, although we got a nice extended version of the song, it mysteriously disappeared from the setlist for every show after.:hmm:

Uh-oh... which adapter do I buy? I guess I should ask them whether they provide the adapter or not. Whenever I rent a car I always forget to ask whether they have cars with ipod adapters. Thanks for the reminder!

most new cars have auxilary jacks. here's one eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

you insert one end in the headphone jack and the other into auxilary jack. if you don't want to use your mp3 battery, then you can get a cigarette lighter adapter

you can get one at fry's or radio shack for $7 or less. once you put it in the car, you have to figure out how to switch from radio or cd to aux. it can be tricky. if you get a really new car, then it may have a usb port in the car which i think eliminates the need for the aux cable

what are you doing with a box of Oxycodone!? :ohmy::shifty:

:lol: I was supposed to be doing a favor for a friend and taking it to a Walgreens or CVS to be destroyed. But she dropped it off in December and it's been sitting in my closet since then. There's a whole mess of POWERFUL shit in that box . . . the Oxycodone isn't even the strongest, most addictive thing in that box! I stay so far away from it, that I forget it's even there until I'm cleaning or looking for an old cd.

It's official . . . Wow, we figured that at least Anaheim was going to be postponed, but the WHOLE NORTH AMERICAN LEG?! Bono needs 8 weeks of recovery. Europe is still on, I guess (like I care).

U2.com > News > North American Leg Postponed

I understand that it's an incident and Bono couldn't help it, but a lot of fans are going to lose a lot of money after planning their summers around this band.

Well . . . at least we can move on to plan B now.

Fron U2.com:

"Bono has now been discharged from Ludwig Maximilians-University (LMU) Hospital in Munich where he underwent emergency surgery on Friday, following a back injury. In order to fully recover, he is under doctor's orders to start a rehabilitation program and to recuperate for at least eight weeks. Dr Muller Wohlfahrt confirmed, 'Bono suffered severe compression of the sciatic nerve. On review of his MRI scan, I realized there was a serious tear in the ligament and a herniated disc, and that conservative treatment would not suffice. I recommended Bono have emergency spine surgery with Professor Tonn at Munich's LMU University Hospital on Friday.' Professor Tonn, who carried out the operation, added, 'Bono was referred to me by Dr Muller Wohlfahrt late last week with a sudden onset disease. He was already in severe pain with partial paralysis in the lower leg. The ligament surrounding the disc had an 8mm tear and during surgery we discovered fragments of the disc had traveled into the spinal canal. This surgery was the only course of treatment for full recovery and to avoid further paralysis. Bono is now much better, with complete recovery of his motor deficit. The prognosis is excellent but to obtain a sustainable result, he must now enter a period of rehabilitation'. Dr Muller Wohlfahrt continued, 'We are treating Bono as we would treat any of our athletes and while the surgery has gone very well, the coming weeks are crucial for a return to full health. In the next days, he will start a light rehabilitation program, with increasing intensity over the next 8 weeks. In our experience, this is the minimum time.' "

guys . . . sending you all a big fat bunch of :hug: and :kiss: and maybe a :beer: or 5 . . . so so so so so sorry you have to wait a little longer for your turn in the 360 sun . . . but relieved that the b-man seems to be okay and is being sensible and will be back bigger and better than before . . . and btw . . . :shifty: . . .Y'all better still be planning some of your partays cuz this little voyeur needs some stalky fuel to get her through the chilly antipodean winter :wink: :grouphug:

<:shifty: is it wrong that I giggled at the reference to Bono as one of the doctors 'athletes' . . . I guess I'll just be going to hell with some of the most fun peeps on the craic if it is :giggle:

^ :hug:

tequila_shot153231442_std1.jpg

:hug:

Wow - I thought it might suck less once we knew for certain what was being postponed. I was wrong. :sad: I'm so sorry for all the folks that had planned weeks (& months!) around these shows.

Considering that B's injury was bad enough to cause "partial paralysis in the lower leg", :yikes: the important thing now is his recovery.

Wishing you a full & successful recuperation, B!!! :pray: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom