July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to freak anyone out, but I suppose there is a slight chance that our State government shutdown could affect the concert.

I don't have time to look into it too much, but I am seeing two people tomorrow who may know something: a Gopher season ticket holder and an U of M employee.

STOP IT!!!!!!!

If you are hiding, you don't tell me where you are going! :tsk:

So now tht you have totally freaked me out, can you explain why this shutdown might be a problem?

there's no way that will happen....if a Ramsey county judge was in court on a Saturday during a holiday weekend to rule that the zoo can stay open during the shutdown then I'd say we're a go on the concert. Plus, the state university/college system is still going on with classes.

there's no way that will happen....if a Ramsey county judge was in court on a Saturday during a holiday weekend to rule that the zoo can stay open during the shutdown then I'd say we're a go on the concert. Plus, the state university/college system is still going on with classes.

I'm assuming so, but I'm concerned enough to check into it.
I know they have classrooms in the stadium, but I don't know if they are summer classes. I just don't want to underestimate how messed-up the state coordination can be.
I'm assuming Canterbury Park will get to reopen, but I don't get why it had to close in the first place.

I'm paranoid since I'll be gone for the Montreal and Toronto shows. I don't want to come back to some clusterf***.

I was going to say - it would be the fuckup to end all fuckups if they did not do whatever they needed to do to Make This Work, this event that will be bringing in how much tourism money into the city?

I'm assuming so, but I'm concerned enough to check into it.
I know they have classrooms in the stadium, but I don't know if they are summer classes. I just don't want to underestimate how messed-up the state coordination can be.
I'm assuming Canterbury Park will get to reopen, but I don't get why it had to close in the first place.

I don't understand why they ruled the zoo can stay open but CP couldn't because both argued they can stay open for a little while on their own money. The lottery is shut down as well so if you bought the winning powerball ticket before Thurs at midnight then you're not getting paid anytime soon! We used to go to Canterbury (when it was Downs) as a kid with my grandparents on the 4th. My grandpa just recently died so we wanted to go this year a place a bet for his memory. But that's not gonna happen tomorrow. :( Too bad the race track isn't on a reservation!

I don't understand why they ruled the zoo can stay open but CP couldn't because both argued they can stay open for a little while on their own money. The lottery is shut down as well so if you bought the winning powerball ticket before Thurs at midnight then you're not getting paid anytime soon! We used to go to Canterbury (when it was Downs) as a kid with my grandparents on the 4th. My grandpa just recently died so we wanted to go this year a place a bet for his memory. But that's not gonna happen tomorrow. :( Too bad the race track isn't on a reservation!

This is my concern. Sorry to worry anyone here, but for the moment a few services in MN that seem to be no-brainers are not operational.

I didn't even know the Zoo was state run. I thought it was it's own nonprofit. I assume CP is because of the state gambling regulators.

Money-makers or not, there isn't a ton of reason as to what has stayed open or closed in the last few days.

I do not think it would effect it, I just read this: U of M to remain open in the event of a state government shutdown : UMNews : University of Minnesota & how the university is prepared to fiscally manage fluctuations in our cash flow, so why would they turn down such a money maker? At least I hope not......:sad:

Exactly, but many of our State Parks and Canterbury Horseracing Park are money-makers, too.

Again, worrying out loud, but I'll feel better when I hear something absolute.

I was going to say - it would be the fuckup to end all fuckups if they did not do whatever they needed to do to Make This Work, this event that will be bringing in how much tourism money into the city?

you don't understand how lawmakers in Minnesota work. This is the most fucked up state anywhere. We're probably going to lose our football team soon because they can't get their heads out of their asses to see that building a new stadium would bring in so much extra revenue for the state. Instead they are going to let them leave and and take all of the money they currently bring with them. This certainly not the issue at hand for the shutdown but just an example of how stupid people around here can be. The whole situation regarding the shutdown just makes me really angry.

you don't understand how lawmakers in Minnesota work.

In full disclosure, it's probably safe to say I don't understand how lawmakers work in my own damned state. ;)

This is the most fucked up state anywhere.

Well, that's good to know. Should I start popping my brand new anti-anxiety meds now? I wasn't planning on taking one until I boarded the plane to Minneapolis. :wink:

I guess I never thought about it in those terms, just that it may effect my paycheck...:( has not happened yet but it sure would be hard to work without getting paid...:angry:

I may take a Vicodin to sleepy-time tonight.

I had lunch with a laid-off state employee today. She's pissed, but supportive of Gov. Dayton.

I had a dream last night that there was a cover band playing in the parking lot of TCF Bank Stadium and they were letting fans sing songs, I was rocking out "I Will Follow" and walking all around the place.

Also I'm thinking of coming up with a Bono look, I'm looking into getting some Bono knock off shades, a necklace and shaving my facial hair like him, I could probably pull it off... that would be amazing. :lol:

Also I'm thinking of coming up with a Bono look, I'm looking into getting some Bono knock off shades, a necklace and shaving my facial hair like him, I could probably pull it off... that would be amazing. :lol:

If you get close in the pit for the show that usually warrants at least a good double-take from Bono, if not a smile.

Live Nation e-mailed back last night (I'm assuming from India):

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us.

At this time the is event is still scheduled as follows:

U2 360 Tour
TCF Bank Stadium
Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. Central Time

If there are any changes, we will post all available information on the events page. We advise you check our website for updates. We regret any inconvenience.

If you need anything else, we're always here for you - just click reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com.

Thanks for being a fan!

Sincerely,

Gilberto_ZYS755
Ticketmaster Fan Support

World Class Service! Every Customer, Every Day!

It's something. :shrug:

Listening to Rose Bowl right now and getting excited about waiting in line all day for GA... let the party begin! I can't wait, Minneapolis is a SOLD OUT show. This is going to be an INCREDIBLE SHOW!

Set list changed, partying with friends/interference members, nice weather... could it get any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom