July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, decided to this tour as we are bring our 2 DD, 19 & 17, big U2 fans (grew up with their music...:)) So want them to experience them up close....:love: Thanks for your help, should be a great show!

My two cents on lining up and the inner circle - at the shows I've been to, if you just want to get inside the inner circle, you don't need to get there at the ass-crack of dawn. In fact, most shows, you could waltz in when the gates open at 5 and there is still plenty of room inside.

If you want to be first or second row within the circle (or along the back rail), then it's worth lining up.

This might not be the case at a smaller stadium, if it means less people on the field, but even in Vegas at Sam Boyd (another small stadium), we got there about 4:30, didn't join the line, just waited for everyone to go in, and then walked in, maybe about 5:30. There was still quite a lot of room in the circle.

Your call, obviously - and you might decide it's better safe than sorry. But on this tour, you have some options. :)

I was at the Vegas show and easily got into the inner circle. We waited for the band to come out, bought shirts, socialized with blue crackers that were in line and then we probably got in line about 5:00 or a little later. We waltzed right in. However, we didn't have the greatest view...it was more on the side of the stage. My friend and I were so excited that we got into the inner circle it wasn't until the band came out that I realized we were on Adam's side. I'm an Edge kinda gal so I was really annoyed that I could only see the top of his hat! I had already gotten my hand stamped so I was able to walk onto the main portion of the floor and go right into the inner circle on Edge's side. Lots of room but still more on the side of the stage. I could see everyone but Adam just fine from where I was standing. I know the hardcore people want rail spots on either the outer rail or inner circle. But if you don't care where you end up once you're in the circle, then there's really no reason to get there super early. Plus, a lot of the casual fans that don't hang out on U2 websites don't realize they can go into the inner circle so there's plenty of room at the time the gates open. I wouldn't get there any later than the time the gates open but you should be able to get a really great spot without sitting outside in the sun all day :)

^ Yup. The main difference between rail and second row in the better locations is 6-7 am and 10-noon lineup time (although due to people saving rail, I have ended up 2nd when lining up at 6am). Third and so on from the rail, you can get there at 3pm or later. I'm fairly short, so if I'm farther back than that, I can't see anything.

Have fun with your daughters! :) Yeah, if you don't care where in the inner circle you end up in, then you can show up when they open the gates.

Since I prefer outer rail for this tour, I always roll my eyes everytime I see someone getting into the inner circle long after I got my outer rail spot and they jump for joy with their fists in the air like they've achieved something. Psst, dude, it's not that hard to get into the inner circle... :D

This is also why I've made a lot of friends in the GA lineup since I line up early and *gasps* do not go for the front rail. I'm not a competition to them, so they're more friendly :lol:

And I must be the only one on this board who didn't know who the feck Henry Rollins is...

All great info, thanks again... Guess we do not have to worry to much.. Hope they come out at this show too....:)

I'm fairly short, so if I'm farther back than that, I can't see anything.

:hi5:

My short-ass sistah!

Also, if you end up three rows back from whatever rail, you may still likely end up second row by the time the band comes on. People shift and squish. I ended up on the outer rail from the second row in Seattle. Bliss.

Like, come on, you're 5' 11" or so, you can see no matter where you are. Have compassion toward those who aren't on stilts.

To be fair though, there was a supershort chick behind me when I was on the rail, and I didn't give up my spot. :p :reject: The chick next to me on the rail (I didn't know her) bothered her so much (she kept leaning over and shoving short girl off the step for some damn reason) that she moved way over to a spot she surely couldn't see very well from. :/

5'2 here too... Was in front row for Bruce (loved that lottery system) with DD and her boyfriend who is 6' 2" and when he stood up there was an audible moan behind us....:lol:

Yes, for the record, I do not expect any tall folk to let me stand in front of them. Them's just the breaks for us short-ass people. ;)

If I line up all day, I've earned that rail. Just sayin':wink:

I don't expect anyone to ever give up a rail spot--it would be a really really awesome[/good Buddhist?] person who actually did.

But if you're not close to the rail, I'd hope it wouldn't be a huge deal for a giant to let a shortass stand in front of them. <3

mads said:
Anybody have hotel space for a 24 year old female? I may add this show, but I need a roommate to be able to afford it.

Possibly....where are you from?

I think tall guys should just not be allowed on the rail. Can we make that a rule? ;D
:lol: there's a guy in Denver who lined up right in front of me, and I swear he must be 6'6" or something like that, and he got front outer rail. Great guy, I ended up friending him, but I would hate to be the person stuck behind him... During Beautiful Day, Bono ended up high-fiving him :lol:

See around 3:12
YouTube - ‪U2 (HD) - Beautiful Day - Denver 2011-05-21 - Invesco Field - 360 Tour‬‏

People have actually suggested that a friend and I should because we are tall, so that is a touchy subject for me!:D

People have actually suggested that a friend and I should because we are tall, so that is a touchy subject for me!:D

In Anaheim, when I was wondering to the peeps next to me whether we could make room for my friend when the show started, the lady half of the couple thought I was asking her to give up her rail spot for my friend. I was taken aback, to say the least. (uh, NO WAY would I seriously ask someone to give up their spot, not without a damn good reason, like...they shoved their way there or something.)

He didn't end up having room 'cause the people to our left were trying to get a large lady onto the rail (that didn't work, heh), but luckily he didn't care. (....'cause he's 5' 10" and just stood behind me and saw just fine, haha)

^if you can get Bono to high five you, I will stand next to you!! :D

She's no longer coming to this show. :( At least that's what she told me...

Bono did stop in front of Kristen and I and asked us how we were doing while reaching towards us while dangling from the mic at the edge of the stage. We almost died. I am so happy someone found it on youtube!

See from :07 to :14 :shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100VrWG06tY&feature=feedlik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom