July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm supposed to get in around 2. What time is your flight?

If you end up not finding another ride and have nothing to do but kill time at the airport, you can still have a ride. :wink:
Thanks. My flight gets in at 10.30am. I think my roommate will be able to give me a ride. Now that I'm 95% sure I'm doing GA, I probably will not need my own car, anyway. GA is so much fun but it wastes a lot of time if you're lining up. I'll probably zip by MoA and downtown Minny and be like, "Ok, I've been in Minneapolis now!". :D

I also looked into buses from the airport. There seems to be a bus that I can take to Metrodome, and then catch a connecting one that stops right in front of Days Inn.

Are you flying back on Sunday?

Yeah, my flight on Sunday is in the afternoon. I'll likely be hanging around with my folks throughout the day. :)

Hey All, well after I missed em in Denver (3 hours away, ugh), I have made plans to goto MN solo, leaving the Wife and Daughter behind for 36 hours. I'm looking for cheap ways to get to a hotel and concert, concert is priority of course and I'll be traveling light. I have my concert ticket but have not purchased my airline ticket yet nor hotel... who's watching this thread hmmm? Jamey - I am SO looking forward to this concert !

Thanks. My flight gets in at 10.30am. I think my roommate will be able to give me a ride. Now that I'm 95% sure I'm doing GA, I probably will not need my own car, anyway. GA is so much fun but it wastes a lot of time if you're lining up. I'll probably zip by MoA and downtown Minny and be like, "Ok, I've been in Minneapolis now!". :D

I also looked into buses from the airport. There seems to be a bus that I can take to Metrodome, and then catch a connecting one that stops right in front of Days Inn.

Are you flying back on Sunday?

the light rail will get you to the Dome so much faster than a bus. The LR ends downtown though so you'd have to pick up a bus to campus from downtown. You could take the LR to the Mall from the airport...then downtown.

Vertigo x 2
Crumbs
Who's Gonna Ride?

I don't think this show can match up to the Minneapolis Vertigo show. Should we all sell our tickets and have an Interference outing at the Twins game instead?

ETA ^think

a very big :wink:

Last edited:
the light rail will get you to the Dome so much faster than a bus. The LR ends downtown though so you'd have to pick up a bus to campus from downtown. You could take the LR to the Mall from the airport...then downtown.
Thanks a lot for the tip! I checked the light rail out on the metro transit website, and it does stop at the Dome where I can take the connection to the University! Woohoo!

Vertigo x 2
Crumbs
Who's Gonna Ride?

I don't this show can match up to the Minneapolis Vertigo show. Should we all sell our tickets and have an Interference outing at the Twins game instead?
:lol:

Vertigo x 2
Crumbs
Who's Gonna Ride?

I don't think this show can match up to the Minneapolis Vertigo show. Should we all sell our tickets and have an Interference outing at the Twins game instead?

ETA ^think

I thanked Bono for Crumbs, when we met them in Milwaukee two nights later, and he said "that was great, wasn't it!" :faint: That's the extent of my conversations with Bono but that's good enough for me! :love:

I thanked Bono for Crumbs, when we met them in Milwaukee two nights later, and he said "that was great, wasn't it!" :faint: That's the extent of my conversations with Bono but that's good enough for me! :love:

Lol, that is what I said in Milwaukee too, see my avatar.....:love:

Vertigo x 2
Crumbs
Who's Gonna Ride?

ETA ^think

Lol, well maybe they might win....:wink:

This may have been posted earlier in the other thread, but I'll post it again for people who are interested in taking public transportation from the airport to the campus:

Metrotransit website

I'm glad Minneapolis somewhat believes in public transportation...

If the guys come back to TCF Stadium on the next tour, there will be a train that runs within 2 blocks of it.
We are slowly creeping into the late-20th century here in Minnesota as far as transit goes.

Just got my ticket via fedex today... NOW it's real, can't wait to see all of you there ! I'm solo so it'd be great to meet up with a bunch of you. Vjacqb< thanks much for the help re: metro. Days Inn close to TCF is sold out, so is University Inn. I'll have to figure something else out that's close to LR or bus line. No one's got a patch of carpet to crash on eh? :hmm:

Just got my ticket via fedex today... NOW it's real, can't wait to see all of you there ! I'm solo so it'd be great to meet up with a bunch of you. Vjacqb< thanks much for the help re: metro. Days Inn close to TCF is sold out, so is University Inn. I'll have to figure something else out that's close to LR or bus line. No one's got a patch of carpet to crash on eh? :hmm:

There's a Days Inn on University Avenue in St. Paul (I forgot about that one until I was at the Menards store across the street from it last week. It's NOT the one by the stadium. It's a straight shot by bus. The neighborhood is okay, it's not fabulous, but it's not unsafe. There's not much around it, but I bet the rates might still be good for that weekend.

days inn university ave st paul - Google Maps

Also, I mentioned this before but it's worth repeating, if anyone is interested in biking from their hotel to TCF Stadium or just around town, there is a bike sharing program in town that is easy and convenient. They have doubled or tripled the locations in the last year. It's cheap if you have a credit card and only need 24-hour access.

https://www.niceridemn.org/subscriptions/

Hmm, Microtel Hotel with free shuttle a few minutes from airport, 70 bucks. Mall within a mile for catching LR (less than 2 bucks to get to TCF) and it's a 45 minute commute(that's with catching bus #16 too). :up:

Hooray, new[-to-me] thread!

All you peeps wondering about public transport, no matter if it's bus or light rail, you have to go downtown first to get anywhere else. JSYK! I've done it once from the airport home (light rail then bus) and it was fine, the bus stop was like half a block from the last light rail stop.

Or I could offer to be a ghetto airport taxi for like $10... :hmm:

re: stuff in the old thread

It was 103 degrees on the 7th?! Yikes, glad I missed that, and for one of my fave shows, no less. <3 (SLC, Oakland, & Anaheim2 are highlights so far.)

:hyper: Thanks! Me too!! I think my friend prefers GA. A part of me still wants to ditch GA line-up and use the time to explore the city. Especially after Mark's post about the share-a-bike thing. Seems like a fun way to explore the city. Although the last time I rode on a rental bike was at some park in Singapore many years ago, and I ended up in a ditch with scrapes on my knee because the bike was too high for me and I couldn't put my feet down to stop :lol:

If I'm going it solo, which I am... I'm thinking I don't need to lineup too early. I could probably show up for the line at 530.... ya think?

FEI, Days Inn St Paul is 109.99 and 10 bucks off that if you have AAA.

If I'm going it solo, which I am... I'm thinking I don't need to lineup too early. I could probably show up for the line at 530.... ya think?

Depends on where you want to stand. Being that the show is on a Saturday, if the weather is nice, I'd guess more people than usual will show up early. Guessing, but I'd get there by 4pm if you want to get in the pit or on the rail of the soundbooth.

And again everyone...Traffic is going to SUCK!!!

Thanks Kram, will do. Thanks for the bike info, etc. I'll check into that, what a GREAT idea and soooo many bike stations.

I like that they encourage you to game the system and just turn in the bike for another one before your free 30 minutes is up.

For our Fringe Festival each August, a lot of people use these bikes to cruise from venue to venue between shows. Awesome idea.
Minnesota Fringe Festival :: August 4-14, 2011

Oh man, yes, for anyone driving to the show, get there early, 'cause like Kramwest said, trying to get there [by car] will be horrible in the evening.

I still have no plan this show, though I have a GA coming in the mail. I'll be driving from SE Wisconsin. I had an offer to take over someone's reservation for the Days Inn - but 2 nights for $350 is beyond excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom