July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked three nights at the Hampton Inn on Paterson Plank Road for $150 per night. I arrive on the 18th and leave for Minneapolis on the 21st. I'm using the 19th to visit Manhattan, which I haven't done since the Vertigo Tour.:applaud:

If you guys reserve online now, they'll provide you with complimentary shuttle service to and from Newark Airport. But then you'll have to pay (I think) $175 per night.

I just booked three nights at the Hampton Inn on Paterson Plank Road for $150 per night. I arrive on the 18th and leave for Minneapolis on the 21st. I'm using the 19th to visit Manhattan, which I haven't done since the Vertigo Tour.:applaud:

If you guys reserve online now, they'll provide you with complimentary shuttle service to and from Newark Airport. But then you'll have to pay (I think) $175 per night.

just did the same!

Im an aussie coming over to see this show and stay for a week in NY, any tips for good places to stay that are affordable? doesnt have to be much, just a place to stay at night cos then id be out seeing NY for the first time throughout the whole week.

Am I right in assuming the trains will be running back into new york city from meadowlands stadium after the concert?

the Hampton is the closest but not the cheapest. Ask Tim (Tim, where are you?!) what the name of the hotel he stayed at last time. His GPS girl, "baby" will tell you how to get there, because it's confusing.

Im an aussie coming over to see this show and stay for a week in NY, any tips for good places to stay that are affordable? doesnt have to be much, just a place to stay at night cos then id be out seeing NY for the first time throughout the whole week.

Am I right in assuming the trains will be running back into new york city from meadowlands stadium after the concert?

I was in NYC last week and its the fourth time i've been. My tip would be too stay downtown. We stayed in the East Village this time at this hotel

The Cooper Square Hotel

but we got a ridiculously cheap deal

This one is just around the corner

Historic Hotel & Rooms in New York, NY

and is pretty reasonable prices for Manhattan. Can't vouch personally for how good the rooms are but I was told its perfectly fine. Good bar next door and lots of eating and drinking places within a five min walk. 2min walk to Astor Place and 8th street station and those two stations will get you pretty much anywhere uptown in 10mins on the subway

With much regret I have had to cancel my NJ tickets for next year. I'm in no position to commit to going by tomorrow:(

For the record I contacted TM as I would have liked to have gotten hold of the tickets to give me a bit more thinking time and then be able to pass them on if i still couldnt commit

Here was their response

Hello Kevin,

We’re sorry, we can’t deliver tickets to a billing address outside the United States. Your tickets must be held for you at the event at the box office will call window, which is usually near the venue’s main entrance. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Please don’t leave home without these three things - you’ll need them to claim your tickets!

• Your picture ID
• Your Ticketmaster order xxxxxx
• The credit card you used to buy the tickets

Will call tickets are usually available an hour before the event.

If you need anything else, we’re always here for you - just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com.

Thanks for being a fan!

Sincerely,
Jeanne
Ticketmaster Fan Support

After a bit more pleading i received this response

Hello Kevin,

We’re sorry, we can’t deliver tickets to a billing address outside the United States. But don’t worry, we’ll have your tickets waiting for you at the event at the box office will call window, which is usually near the venue’s main entrance.

Please don’t leave home without these three things - you’ll need them to claim your tickets!

• Your picture ID

If you need anything else, we’re always here for you - just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com.

Thanks for being a fan!

Sincerely,
Carlos
Ticketmaster Fan Support

I don't understand? How can 2 different people a week apart write an email exactly the same?

With much regret I have had to cancel my NJ tickets for next year. I'm in no position to commit to going by tomorrow:(

For the record I contacted TM as I would have liked to have gotten hold of the tickets to give me a bit more thinking time and then be able to pass them on if i still couldnt commit

Here was their response

Hello Kevin,

We’re sorry, we can’t deliver tickets to a billing address outside the United States. Your tickets must be held for you at the event at the box office will call window, which is usually near the venue’s main entrance. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

• Your picture ID

Thanks for being a fan!

Sincerely,
Jeanne
Ticketmaster Fan Support

Hello Kevin,

We’re sorry, we can’t deliver tickets to a billing address outside the United States. But don’t worry, we’ll have your tickets waiting for you at the event at the box office will call window, which is usually near the venue’s main entrance.

• Your picture ID

Thanks for being a fan!

Sincerely,
Carlos
Ticketmaster Fan Support

I don't understand? How can 2 different people a week apart write an email exactly the same?

It's an automatic standard response...Sorry that stinks maybe try calling and speak with a supervisor...

Here was their response

Hello Kevin,

• Your picture ID

Thanks for being a fan!

Sincerely,
Jeanne
Ticketmaster Fan Support

Hello Kevin,

• Your picture ID

Thanks for being a fan!

Sincerely,
Carlos
Ticketmaster Fan Support

Did you really cancel them? You could have sold those tickets I am sure!

That is why I wanted the tickets! I was 90% sure I wouldn't be able to make it and wanted, if possible to sell them on to someone where I knew 'they would be going to a good home'. I can't sell what I aint got and if all i'm gonna get from 'fan support' is automated responses (sorry my last post was just me being a sarky fooker) i'm not going to waste anymore time and expense on TM and the deadline is today for refunds

Oh so they want you to personally pick up the tickets in NY. Well that sucks.

Which I did try to do.

"You can only pick these up the day of the event sir".:angry:

Nobody could give me an answer as to why they cannot just print the tickets anytime. I suspect its computer says "No!":|

Anyone knows why there's such a big gap between the Philly date and this one? Any chance they would add a 2nd show (19th)?

Boston between Philly and NY, that seems logical indeed. But if so, I wonder why it has not been announed yet... :hmm:

There is also a ten day gap between Oakland and Anaheim. I think they may wait till the new year or late this year if they are going to announce more dates.

Oh wow, this is NEW YAWK people...why is there not a party in here?!

:lmao:

Ok, I know it's technically not...but really. It's riiiiight through the tunnel. :wink:

Interesting that U2.COM has changed the location of the show to New york instead of East Rutherford,now.Maybe there were many folks in Jersey complained " Its East Rutherford,not New York, Damn it!"

LOL..

I think they list it as New York because it is the show for New york and not everyone knows where East Rutherford is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom