July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right okay. I thought they might check into a familiar hotel or something like they apparently do when they're playing Dublin, rather than staying at home.

I'm sure they don't. What I was referring to was when you see fan footage of huge groups of people outside hotels who then have autographs signed by the band before driving off to the gig. But this doesn't occur in New York then I assume from your comments?

It was only a harmless enquiry, I'm not some stalker fan who hangs around their Dublin homes. I'm merely someone who has seen the type of fan footage that I mentioned and have always thought - ah that would be really cool, if you knew where their hotel was, etc. And since I'll be visiting New York over the period of the gig.....

Larry actually has a house in my neighborhood believe it or not. Last time I saw him which was pretty recent, I told him the forum posters on interference.com are accusing him of not liking Pop and I asked him if that was true, and what his thoughts were on the matter. He replied, "go fuck yourselves." I guess that settles it, huh?

I'm sure they don't. What I was referring to was when you see fan footage of huge groups of people outside hotels who then have autographs signed by the band before driving off to the gig. But this doesn't occur in New York then I assume from your comments?

It was only a harmless enquiry, I'm not some stalker fan who hangs around their Dublin homes. I'm merely someone who has seen the type of fan footage that I mentioned and have always thought - ah that would be really cool, if you knew where their hotel was, etc. And since I'll be visiting New York over the period of the gig.....

Oh yeah, it's all cool. But no, haven't seen it in New York. And I do know that there kind of is a policy on this board not to send out to the whole fan base which hotels they stay in. I often wonder myself how people find out. I have some good guesses, but people find out through the grapevine probably by knowing a friend of a friend or some dude you know who's the concierge ;)

Wonder how the Claw will look inside the new Meadowlands Stadium, as opposed to how it looked inside the old Giants Stadium.:hmm:

Bono lives in the same building as Regis and Howard Stern but not gonna say which it is - I met Bono outside the stadium last time - He took my phone to talk to my now wife - He didn't sign autographs though

No worries, I didn't think you were trying to stalk them. What I meant is that that their Dublin homes - well Bono's at least - are already tourist attractions somewhat when there are no shows...add U2 fans from everywhere coming for shows there, and you can imagine why they stay in a hotel...

Got my hotel booked for a week long stay in Burlington - I'll figure something our parking wise - I'm doing GA show 1 then back for a few days before heading to the Philly and NJ shows

Anyone planning to go into the City on the day before the show?

I'm renting a car for this show, of course. So on Tuesday I'm going to park at the Secaucus train station and take the NJT into Manhattan.

I haven't been to NYC in ages, and I want to check out Rockefeller Center and Strawberry Fields again.:hmm:

If I was to somehow get to this show, I was wondering would there be heaps of people flooding the subway back to Manhattan after the show? In other words, it would be safe to transit by public transport back? :)

If I was to somehow get to this show, I was wondering would there be heaps of people flooding the subway back to Manhattan after the show? In other words, it would be safe to transit by public transport back? :)

New Meadowlands doesn't have public transport directly related to Manhattan. In fact, I don't think there's any viable way of getting to New Meadowlands via public transport other than taxis? IDK. Someone from the NYC area, can you fill us in?

New Meadowlands doesn't have public transport directly related to Manhattan. In fact, I don't think there's any viable way of getting to New Meadowlands via public transport other than taxis? IDK. Someone from the NYC area, can you fill us in?

Thanks! I did some research a while back but kind of got confused, so yeah I'll see what some NY residents have to say. Seems kind of difficult to get there though..

Wrong, you can get to the stadium via public transport...how will depend on what time you are coming. If it's a normal time for a show it's actually pretty easy, although it will be crowded! There's the NJ Transit train - take a train from Penn Station and switch at Secaucus (like 10 mins. away) for the stadium train. The stadium train will probably start at around 2-3PM. Do the reverse after the show (you may have a wait as many will be doing the same). There may also be special concert bus service running from Port Authority to and from the show, not sure if they still have it - those will probably start 4:30-5pm.

If you need to get there earlier for GA, there are regular NJ transit buses from Port Authority that stop at the Meadowlands (check njtransit.com - think one bus number is 116, 164 or 168 or something like that) - don't think you will be able to get there earlier than about 8-9AM though, unless you really camp out overnight.

Is that specific train apart from the NYC Metro, though? That would be the reason I believed so. As in - it's not an ABE 123 456 BDFV JMZ etc. etc. train, correct?

That's right, it's not part of the NYC subway (subway does not leave the city at any point). It's a NJ Transit (commuter line) train.

Thanks for the info Pop Artist and LuckyNumber7!

And great story there Kevin! :lol:

At least you now know which bus and which stand at 42nd st station the Meadowlands bus does leave from if you want to get there early. It is a huge place and not easy to find the info:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom