U2 Glastonbury Setlist Prediction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting to see Crazy might be making an appearance, given how tied it is to the current staging.
Very cool video-screen setup on the Pyramid Stage, though...almost looks Zoo TV-ish! :hyper:

nirniva said:
Interesting to see Crazy might be making an appearance, given how tied it is to the current staging.
Very cool video-screen setup on the Pyramid Stage, though...almost looks Zoo TV-ish! :hyper:

Have you seen a pic or just from the vid on u2.com?

You know, it doesn't seem very U2-ish to put this video up and then NOT play a new song.

I think they're probably being very careful about this one...

A new (and final?) Countdown To Glastonbury video is up and has a possible mock-up of a setlist they might play.

Intro
Streets
I Will Follow
New Year's Day

-chat-

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Bad

All I could read from the video.

Nah the 360 closer should be

Love is Blindness/In A Little While (snippet)
Moment of Surrender/"40"/In A Little While (snippet)
In A Little While (acoustic)/Red Light (snippet)/Single Ladies (Snippet)
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

They should open with Zoo Station. This tour is now just Zoo TV in 360 already, so why not.

A new (and final?) Countdown To Glastonbury video is up and has a possible mock-up of a setlist they might play.

Intro
Streets
I Will Follow
New Year's Day

-chat-

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Bad

All I could read from the video.

Pretty short set :wink:

Watch they'll come out on stage to 40 and then play a 'backwards' set that goes somewhat like this:

"40"
Moment of Surrender
With Or Without You
Miami
In A Little While
Wake Up Dead Man/In A Little While (snippet)/Miracle Drug (snippet)/Get On Your Boots (snippet)
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Miss Sarajevo
Babyface
Numb
Angel of Harlem/Bad (snippet)
Vertigo (reprise)
"40" (reprise)

Then they'll be done.

The hour and forty-five minute stage time will be reached by Bono giving a six minute speech in between each song which results in him getting pelted by food and mud. The band considers the Glastonbury appearance as a success, because the only reason they wanted to do it is cause Edge, Larry, and Adam wanted to try to humble Bono out a bit.
:wink:

You know what would be an exceptional move for this show?

Open with Streets (sans sunglasses on Bono) and then leave them off the entire show ;]

Hopefully Morrissey will tell him to do it! :wink:

New song!!?? Huh!!?? :hyper:
Ah well, blatantly won't get played :sad:

On the other hand imagine the press after the show "Instead of playing it safe and sticking to their biggest hit singles, U2 risked it all and wooed the Glastonbury hordes with Boy Falls From The Sky from the new Spiderman musical"

...or not. But it might be good PR.

Then again, new song could simply mean the song "Glastonbury"

That was one cool sounding Vertigo.

That was Redanka's Power Mix. Gotta love that man and his U2 remixes, all of them are really something special.

If you're interested, you can listen to the full length mix on his official Soundcloud page:
U2/Vertigo (Redanka 'Power' Remix) by Redanka on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Interestingly, he picked up a Glastonbury ticket a couple of days ago according to his Twitter-feed. Coincidence? :hmm:

Redanka said:
Just picked up me Glastonbury ticket! Buzzin'!!!!

Source: Twitter

I do think the wheel mic is more than a very good chance to be there at Glastonbury. It’s the one element of 360 they can transfer – I mean, it's not often there’s a major element of U2’s staging that can fit in someones hand luggage - and it is pretty unique/cool.

-zootv tv remote
-zootv phone
-zootv camcorder
-zootv winebottle
-zootv fly goggles
-popmart muscle shirt
-joshua/elevation crowd lamp/torch/flashlight
-road flares used on on vertigo stadium
-vertigo confetti
-vertigo blindfold
-white war flag

That was Redanka's Power Mix. Gotta love that man and his U2 remixes, all of them are really something special.

If you're interested, you can listen to the full length mix on his official Soundcloud page:
U2/Vertigo (Redanka 'Power' Remix) by Redanka on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Interestingly, he picked up a Glastonbury ticket a couple of days ago according to his Twitter-feed. Coincidence? :hmm:

Be careful my man - this is a dangerous place to question coincidence ;]

That said, I would not be shocked (based on what we know so far) if they play a Vertigo remix at Glasto!

Nice dig bro, but really, it's not very dangerous here. Coincidences are fine, completely far fetched idiocrisies will get questioned.

Nice dig bro, but really, it's not very dangerous here. Coincidences are fine, completely far fetched idiocrisies will get questioned.

We will see how far fetched it is tomorrow "bro."

My basic point was already proved with that interview I posted anyway but I'm sure you don't want to talk about actual supporting evidence.

Watch they'll come out on stage to 40 and then play a 'backwards' set that goes somewhat like this:

"40"
Moment of Surrender
With Or Without You
Miami
In A Little While
Wake Up Dead Man/In A Little While (snippet)/Miracle Drug (snippet)/Get On Your Boots (snippet)
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Miss Sarajevo
Babyface
Numb
Angel of Harlem/Bad (snippet)
Vertigo (reprise)
"40" (reprise)

Then they'll be done.

The hour and forty-five minute stage time will be reached by Bono giving a six minute speech in between each song which results in him getting pelted by food and mud. The band considers the Glastonbury appearance as a success, because the only reason they wanted to do it is cause Edge, Larry, and Adam wanted to try to humble Bono out a bit.
:wink:

I just totally wet myself!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink::wink::wink::lmao:

Yet they stated that U2 would bring some props from their current tour. Which is, last time I checked, still the 360 tour.

yeah last time i checked that was the current tour too.... but current has nothing to do with this show.

U2peter was listing props that could be transported easily in response to the previous post about the steering wheel.

360 tour props will be few and far between - Badboy lights, steering wheel, led jackets...

Yeah but I responded that I don't see why he's listing that. Because they stated they'd take props from the current tour, not all tours in u2 history.
I do expect them to take those LED jackets. Would work, same with the wheelmic.

yeah last time i checked that was the current tour too.... but current has nothing to do with this show.

U2peter was listing props that could be transported easily in response to the previous post about the steering wheel.

360 tour props will be few and far between - Badboy lights, steering wheel, led jackets...

I hope there are none - not even the same clothing. I hope they come out fashionably dressed (like the Obama appearance) but with no ties to the 360 tour...with Bono rocking no sunglasses...stare the crowd right in the damn eye.

Of course the setlist will include a lot of songs they have played on 360 (mostly) but as LemonMelon said...they can still put together an exceptional set if they put those songs in a different order and include a few shockers.

This combination of presentation and setlist would be exceptional IMO.

my dream glasto setlist:

popmuzik/band walks on stage through people
1.Mofo
3.Even better then the real thing
3.The Fly
4.Last night on earth
5.Until the end of the world
6.I will follow
7.Beautiful day
8.Elevation
9.I still havent found.../stand by me
10.Starring at the sun