Dont expect anymore changes to the setlist...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like others have said: Static setlist = 99.9% chance of getting Zooropa. :drool::drool::drool:
On the other hand:
Willie said:
...a set list where every U2 album is represented...
:|
You're just rubbing it in, aren't you? No, the snippet of Discotheque doesn't count.

It's a great setlist. :up:

My one small request is that they play Ultraviolet at Anaheim 2. I want to hear it live just one more time!

The Fly for night 2 of Anaheim :pray:

A1 - Space Oddity > EBTTRT > IWF
A2 - Space Oddity > EBTTRT > The Fly

I've always thought that the encore should be HMTMKMKM>UV>WOWY>MOS

That way everyone's happy and the transition from UV into WOWY is much smoother than Batman into WOWY....

Also, Love Is Blindness would be an AWESOME return to the setlist!! I think it would be great right after Streets to close out the main set. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I've said pretty much exactly this in the Glastonbury thread, but I'm guessing at the moment it's mostly only Glasto goers reading that...

It's a strange mix of songs to play. The AB stuff is obviously for the AB doco (I really, really wouldn't think something like Love is Blindness is about to pop up on 360) but Streets/Elevation/Magnificent/HMTMKMKM - why?

- Obviously, could just be a bit of 360 practice. Why not.

- But they did do some separate, Glastonbury specific rehearsals last year in New York, pre-Bono fucking his back. Even if they do a 'very 360' set of songs at Glastonbury (and they *might* not), either as the set currently stands, or some mix of heavily-played-on-360 songs, this is on a very different stage, with very different lighting, probably a lot of custom and different visuals etc and they'd need at least a few 'technical' rehearsals to get all of that right, all the different cues and everything. Both the band and crew would need it. And Bono is probably wondering how he's going to manage for 2+ hours on a stage where he can't get anywhere near the crowd, or run around big ramps, or whatever. And there'd be no better place to rehearse for the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury then in a theatre. It's the closest thing in terms of staging. So it could very well be that.

Will be interesting to see what they do over the next few days?

The Glastonbury crowd would be completely eating out of their hands if they opened with them two. Job done in 2 songs.

Yeah, I was thinking that too (LIB to close the main set), but with the new Aung San Suu Kyi video and the message they want to make, they will not ditch Walk On for it...although I don't think Walk On *has* to close the main set - they could put LIB after it, but they would still have to ditch a song (well they don't *have* to do that either, but I don't think they will lengthen the show...) - likeliest candidates would be Sarajevo or Zooropa for that, but I think only having one of those there in between Pride and COBL would be weird.

Lets not be getting to excited they may have just done those songs as part of the documentary, dont get to upset if they dont show up on tour or during glastonbury.

If they were to add anything for Glastonbury that hasn't been played (at all) on 360, it would be something from a pretty small pool of previous live standards/classics/highlights that are just taking their turn on the bench this tour - thinking things like Bullet the Blue Sky, and of those, I would think The Fly definitely has the best shot. It's absolutely perfect for that event too.

But your Mofo's and Love is Blindness and whatnot? No chance.

I agree that the setlist will likely be quite static for the remaining dates. I definitely would enjoy some more Achtung on the setlist -- Love Is Blindness, Wild Horses and especially the return of Ultraviolet. Bad would be awesome addition and I am really enjoying Rise Above. I would be thrilled if they played Rise Above. And I agree snippets don't count -- play discotheque in full already! :drool:

The Fly for night 2 of Anaheim :pray:

A2 - Space Oddity > EBTTRT > The Fly

A2 - Space Oddity > EBTTRT > Out Of Control*

*but we'll probably get fucking nyd

I'd love them to rip through NYD instead of IWF.

*but would prefer to be knocked out by Out of Control.

The Fly :drool::drool::drool:
Love is Blindness :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

And please play Acrobat for this remaster thing. Pretty please?

They seem to be pretty funny about what they add. It doesn't seem like any of them ever wake up on any morning and decide "Ooh, let's play this!" but rather there either has to be some loose link to the city/country/occasion, or it requires either a lot of compelling lobbying from Willie, or they somehow get themselves re-excited about a song via some unrelated sequence of events.

It sounds like they did play The Fly a lot at the theatre - way more than any other song. It is a song they've never really been settled on. Always playing it differently live, and Bono often mentions that it's one they feel they didn't quite nail down on record (bullshit!) So maybe they were just trying to get a good version of it down before it was filmed for all eternity for this doco. But maybe they were running it through so much with eye to adding it, or maybe them running through it a lot was the sequence of events that gets them re-excited about it, and thus considering a late 360 addition. Or maybe it's the one non-360 addition to Glastonbury, so they want to give it a few spins (on 360 or otherwise.)

Probably not going to pop up, but you never know. The Fly would not exactly be a left field choice. In fact, of anything/everything they haven't played on 360, it's got to probably have the best chance?

The Fly and Bad would make this set list excellent, but I think if they played the same set they've done recently at Glastonbury it'll only reinforce that crowd's dinosaur opinion of U2, they need more recent material represented.

powerhour24 said:
The Fly and Bad would make this set list excellent, but I think if they played the same set they've done recently at Glastonbury it'll only reinforce that crowd's dinosaur opinion of U2, they need more recent material represented.

Glastonbury is all about greatest hits?

Back
Top Bottom