View From The Seats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The John Tree

War Child
Hey there. I have tickets to the show at FedEx Field on September 29 in Washington DC. Due to the fact that my friends are somewhat lame, they wanted to get seats rather than GA tickets. Since U2 are the biggest fucking band in the world, decent seats were hard to come by.

We ended up with four seats in section 236, which is described as the second tier of lower level seating.

My problem is that every video/picture I've seen of the show has either been from the GA (in which all band members are very visible) or from wayyy up high in the seats (from which your best bet is to just watch the screen.)

Has anybody been in the lower level seating? Can you see the band? Or does the claw obstruct the view?

The view is good from the seats you describe, but you will feel more of an observer than a participant.

FedExFieldU2_all.gif

236 is on the bottom right.
You'll be a bit far, but the huge advantage of that is the open viewing angle. The closer you get to the stage, the more you run the risk of one of the Claw's front lags blocking your view, and there's no chance of that from where you'll be.

I think the areas numbered 102, and 103 in red (or on the opposite side) are the best seats you could get for viewing and sound. I sat in that area for the Vertigo tour (indoor though) and it was great. 236 would be fine, you will have a good enough view. I dont know how the sound will be though.

In a stadium, does anyone know where the best and worst places for acoustics are supposed to be??

Pictures really don't do any view justice to be honest. You have to be there in person and see this thing for yourself.

The claw is closer than you think if you see it in person. It looks pretty small sometimes on screenshots/pictures but as soon as you see it...WoW:hyper:

30 euro for this seat was a steal. Sound was excellent to :

i've got a bunch of seats for Toronto show 2 in about the same location, slightly right of you, but in the 100 level. I'd imagine that the sound will be excellent too, factoring in the location of Joe O'Herlihy.

But rest assured, I've got GA for night 1, so I will be able to make a great comparison

To the OP, my guess is you will have a sweet time in section 236.

i've got a bunch of seats for Toronto show 2 in about the same location, slightly right of you, but in the 100 level. I'd imagine that the sound will be excellent too, factoring in the location of Joe O'Herlihy.

we're in the same section if I remember correctly, I've been meaning to ask you, do you think we will be high up enough to see over the Sound booth or will it slightly obstruct (gasp!) our views?

we're in the same section if I remember correctly, I've been meaning to ask you, do you think we will be high up enough to see over the Sound booth or will it slightly obstruct (gasp!) our views?

i'm thinking we are in the clear. I am factoring on seeing the booth a bit further inward towards home plate in comparison to the soccer pitches arrangement I've seen. Plus the fact that there is reserved unsold block of tickets directly behind the booth as well. I've forgotten if I am in row 18 or 28 though.

EDIT: I am in row 28, section 119

Hey - I had the same question. I actually have the option of 3 different places to sit for the DC show (3 sets of 4 tickets for our group and since I got most of them, I get first choice)

I have GA, Section 110 row 19 (behind stage) and 126, Row 15. I'm thinking aside from the GA experience (my wife may not want this - and I've done it many times before), that 126 should be pretty good. The stage seems to come out very far and I would think behind the stage would stink since most reports are that they don't truly play 'in the round' on this tour.

What would you do? Section 110 or 126?

I had 80,- seats in Amsterdam , left side of the Claw,perfect view, Second tier , but It felt incredibly close , the sound was perfect.

No the claw leg did not annoy me. The sound up there was loud and fine. I had no problems at all with the show. In fact I think the crowds up in the upper tier were far more rowdier than the lower tier the night before. It was a great atmosphere up there and I enjoyed being part of it. The first night I was in lower tier and it was fine.

Here's the view I had from Roinn 707 Upper Tier on Saturday night:

cp.jpg

Sound was decent, although there was a fair amount of "shift" due to winds, ect. At least that I noticed. It was overall good, though. Loud, clear....I just could hear different parts, like I said, "shift" from time to time. The best way I could describe it, would be like as if someone had a speaker facing you, then for an instant or two turned it the other way. You could still hear it, but it sounded "different" and like it was facing another direction. It then would come back and sound "normal" again.

Although, compared to the pit on Monday, the sound is like night and day. In the pit it almost sounds like they are playing in a small room. That was my impression, at least.

You get the full effect of the claw, however from the seats.....without a doubt.

This is mine from 703 upper tier in Croker, Monday night - CoBL. Best view imaginable in my opinion:
image0773.jpg

Apart from the obvious changes in distance, the view from the seats is incredible. I was in the red zone on Monday later for the encore, and while you are obviously much closer to the band and have more of a "dancefloor" type scenario down there, you don't see the light effects with the same splendor as you do from further away.

A friend of mine went on all three nights and saw it from various different angles on each of the nights, and as she said to me the day before the Monday gig, "there's no 'bad' place to be". The concert will be epic in different ways depending on where you are, that's all.

Very naive question - how do you post photos on this forum? Do you have to be a premium member? I had a great view from block 301 in Dublin and wouldn't mind sharing a few photos.

Need to host somewhere first

Very naive question - how do you post photos on this forum? Do you have to be a premium member? I had a great view from block 301 in Dublin and wouldn't mind sharing a few photos.

You need to post your photos in the Interweb thingy somewhere, like FlickR. Then just use the insert img icon above to post the photo. There are lots of free photo hosting services try a Google. Good luck and look forward to seeing the photo's.

Cheers
Warby

Hey there. I have tickets to the show at FedEx Field on September 29 in Washington DC. Due to the fact that my friends are somewhat lame, they wanted to get seats rather than GA tickets. Since U2 are the biggest fucking band in the world, decent seats were hard to come by.

We ended up with four seats in section 236, which is described as the second tier of lower level seating.

Unfortunately many of the Fedex Field 200s level seats are considered "obstructed view" or "limited view", and are among the cheapest for football games. What row are you in?

See this link for what game views are like:
Redskins tickets & seats on eBay - Buyer Beware: Obstructed / Limited View, etc. - EXTREMESKINS.com

There are three issues with the 200 level, two of which are frequently overlooked by buyers in this area:

1) The pillars which may block the view of the field

2) The extremely low overhang which blocks the view of punts, kicks, and passes - and which gives the fan the feeling he is watching the game from within a cave.

3) The lack of adequate incline, which causes the view of the field to be blocked by the heads of fans.

In addition, the seats in this area may also be slightly narrower than other seats in the stadium (I haven't confirmed this yet).

Part of the Claw may be obstructed IMO from there. The incline is also fairly flat in that section.

The sightlines at U of P stadium are awesome from any location. Ive sat in the seats in the upper and lower tiers, so for the Phoenix tour go-ers, count on having a good view of the show, from wherever you sit.

Back
Top Bottom