U2's secret show on March 6 is at Fordham University

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was hangigng by a gate. >stuudent came by and I joked to open it>he offered ids very reasonably priceed>in gate at 7:30

i managed to get in to the concert! my friend was nice enough to loan me his id for free, but i didn't even need it. no one checked it, just drove right in with some other friends and lined up to get on the field. it was amazing!

n10913160_34820274_8016958.jpg

more to come

Turns out that WFUV broadcast the show live this morning. It sounded great!
Dennis Elsas will be replaying highlights this afternoon at 5:30 pm eastern on 90.7 FM and WFUV.ORG so listen in!

i have a mp3 of the last 3 songs of the show taken from the direct abc feed. if someone tells me the best way to do it i'll post it since i haven't seen them up here yet.

it is bd, breathe, and vertigo. has the slight voice over in breathe, and you might hear an e-mail alert sound. i'm sure there will be a better copy very soon, but if you want it tell me how.

Anything that is non-commercial such as concerts, bootlegs, tv performances, promos, press kits etc. may be posted, but can be taken down at the discretion of the moderators, as everything these days is copyrighted.

PLEASE respect these rules, as we have received Cease & Desist letters in the past from Universal and do not want to do anything to jeopardize this site. - Sicy

I think this follows these rules, if not I'm sure this will be taken down.

Here is an audio recording of the last 3 songs in todays set: Beautiful Day, Breathe, and Vertigo.

http://www.y s i .com/download/U0d4ZFhyTERsMHhFQlE9PQ

fill in the missing letters

Yeah, I did need to buy IDs--not sure how people drove right in but this place was locked down tight--cops and gurds EVERYWHERE!!!! WE tried quite a few entrances with no luck...that said the amount we paid was not very high--well worth it...

So at about 7:30 we "acquired" the IDs and got in. :hyper: :applaud::up::drool:

I was nervous going through the gate that they'd top me but a quick flash of our "new" IDs and we were in!!! Since I took us a while to find a way in we couldn't get super close, but it wasn't that big and I had a fine view. I was just glad to be there!!! I felt really lucky considering the realtively small crowd compared to the amount of people who would have killed to be there!!!

Thebrroklyn bridge show might have been a little more "transcendant" but this was no slouch either...Bono is sounding the best he has in quite some time!!!

Between an ellipse entry, the brooklyn bridge, the book signing, and this I'm feeling I have the positive U2 vibes with me over the past few years!!! MAkes a looooonnnggg time fan happy :wink:

:hyper:

Dr jerome THANK YOU SO Much for that info

I went by the entrance ( looked up a map) in the back by the NYBG and tho I missed the first 4 songs ( got there around 8:45 ) I did heard BD/Breathe/ and Vertgo!
:rockon: to hear U2 live in person after 4 plus yrs was a zonetime of happiness! :love::drool::hyper:

In my excitement I forgot to type part of the story...while circling the campus my friend notes some black suburbans with flashing light and joles that it is probably U2...I said I thought it was...scoffing at me my friend joklingly waves at them as they pass by..and thw window went down and therwe was Bono. Speeding by, waving....

I would have loved to have been there - we tried calling the alumni office they claimed that they didn't know anything about the concert! My Dad graduated from Fordham and that is him at the front right crossing in front of the steps of Keating Hall ....

Unknown.jpg

Anything that is non-commercial such as concerts, bootlegs, tv performances, promos, press kits etc. may be posted, but can be taken down at the discretion of the moderators, as everything these days is copyrighted.

PLEASE respect these rules, as we have received Cease & Desist letters in the past from Universal and do not want to do anything to jeopardize this site. - Sicy

I think this follows these rules, if not I'm sure this will be taken down.

Here is an audio recording of the last 3 songs in todays set: Beautiful Day, Breathe, and Vertigo.

http://www.y s i .com/download/U0d4ZFhyTERsMHhFQlE9PQ

fill in the missing letters

Thank you for actually reading the rules. Yes these are ok. :)

In my excitement I forgot to type part of the story...while circling the campus my friend notes some black suburbans with flashing light and joles that it is probably U2...I said I thought it was...scoffing at me my friend joklingly waves at them as they pass by..and thw window went down and therwe was Bono. Speeding by, waving....
I am the scoffing friend noted in the post above. Now I am scoffing at teh lack of spell check.
The show was great and well worth "acquiring" the ID's.

Yeah, I did need to buy IDs--not sure how people drove right in but this place was locked down tight--cops and gurds EVERYWHERE!!!! WE tried quite a few entrances with no luck...that said the amount we paid was not very high--well worth it...

I was nervous going through the gate that they'd top me but a quick flash of our "new" IDs and we were in!!! Since I took us a while to find a way in we couldn't get super close, but it wasn't that big and I had a fine view. I was just glad to be there!!! I felt really lucky considering the realtively small crowd compared to the amount of people who would have killed to be there!!!

Thebrroklyn bridge show might have been a little more "transcendant" but this was no slouch either...Bono is sounding the best he has in quite some time!!!

Between an ellipse entry, the brooklyn bridge, the book signing, and this I'm feeling I have the positive U2 vibes with me over the past few years!!! MAkes a looooonnnggg time fan happy :wink:

I totally agree with your nice comments!

I am the scoffing friend noted in the post above. Now I am scoffing at teh lack of spell check.
The show was great and well worth "acquiring" the ID's.

I am actually a pretty good speller--but a horrible typer! And now that I have the G1 googlephone when I use that my typing is even worse! (Big fingers, little keys :hyper:
) Anywya aside from your snarky commentsonmy typing good to see you on here and geat time Friday morning :applaud:

Thanks Jcoster---it ws a great morning! How was your limo ride :hyper:

I was nervous going through the gate that they'd top me but a quick flash of our "new" IDs and we were in!!!

I'm just getting back home to Virginia after a weekend filled with U2 and am really surprised to read this plus all the other security measures that were supposed to be in place! I thought the security was pretty lax, at least at 6:30 a.m. Although there was a lot of security or rent a cops, not one was checking anything that we could see. Our cab drove right through the main entrance gate, dropped us off at the parking garage and we walked right onto the grounds in front of Keating Hall, perched ourselves up on a mound of snow and enjoyed the show! One of the easiest things I've ever done and made the trip from Virginia soooooo worth it!! Bring on U2009!!!

hmm, compared with all other pre-tour performances (UK,France,Letterman) I think I liked this one the less.

I don't like when Bono asks the crowd to put the hands in the air and these gestures. The worst was making that cross-sign in the end of "I'll go crazy..."

Don't get me wrong, still a very good performance, but not one of my favourites.

grtz

Back
Top Bottom