Start and end times of U2 concerts? What time does U2 take the stage? etc..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

genesis199125

The Fly
I am a college student and U2 concert virgin, and will be popping my cherry Oct. 12 at Cowboys Stadium :lol: ..........and I want to know, based on previous concert experiences, around what time do U2 get on stage, and approx. how long their shows are?

About 9PM, just over 2 hours.

This, though the exact time for the standard setlist this tour is 2 hours and 15 minutes. :wink: Not that I kept track or anything..

Only in the UK they got onstage early, cause of the curfew. In places where it was too warm or there was too much daylight like Barcelona, Amsterdam and Dublin they got onstage 9.30 or in Barca 10 pm.

start time?

Ello lads and lassies, just wondering what time the lads hit the stage after the opener and ticket time; I'm trying to time my extreme Guinness drinking just right.Thanks!

How soon after opening act do U2 come onstage?

I will be "encumbered" at next week's Charlottesville show with children who may not be able to hack it with two full acts, so I'm thinking of dropping in between Muse's set and U2's. Can anyone tell me when U2 has typically been hitting the stage on this leg of tour?

Thanks.

8:45-9:00-ish, in general. You could get there at 8:30 and be fine, unless you're GA.

I just finished my 360 stint with my two NYC shows and:

I got stuck in traffic while driving to NYC because I was in a three-way car collision (my car being hit by a cop being hit by someone behind her) so I ended up walking in at 8:20. Muse was already done and I thought, "eh only the opening band - they probably sucked anyway."

NYC2 I took the train - took about 25 minutes to get there from NYC with NO TRAFFIC. Got there early - caught Muse and have to say - THEY TOTALLY ROCKED!

I had not heard one note of their music before the show, but I absolutely loved them. Amazing amazing energy from them and they got a HUGE response from the crowd. They are like Radiohead meets Secret Machines meets Bush meets some crazy wacked out Queen.

Really amazing - Bono even said in NYC1 they are #1 in 21 countries on iTunes, so you know he likes them.

If you are planning to go to the show only to see U2, I suggest you make it in for MUSE - they really get the crowd going, and their tunes are really great.

In Foxoboro they came on at 1. Foxboro is one of the worst places on the planet for parking....my rule of thumb for shows is the earlier the better. That way you remove the element of surprise, like traffic, forgetting something, etc.

I just finished my 360 stint with my two NYC shows and:

I got stuck in traffic while driving to NYC because I was in a three-way car collision (my car being hit by a cop being hit by someone behind her) so I ended up walking in at 8:20. Muse was already done and I thought, "eh only the opening band - they probably sucked anyway."

NYC2 I took the train - took about 25 minutes to get there from NYC with NO TRAFFIC. Got there early - caught Muse and have to say - THEY TOTALLY ROCKED!

I had not heard one note of their music before the show, but I absolutely loved them. Amazing amazing energy from them and they got a HUGE response from the crowd. They are like Radiohead meets Secret Machines meets Bush meets some crazy wacked out Queen.

Really amazing - Bono even said in NYC1 they are #1 in 21 countries on iTunes, so you know he likes them.

If you are planning to go to the show only to see U2, I suggest you make it in for MUSE - they really get the crowd going, and their tunes are really great.

Ouizy, what did you think of the show/stage? Really enjoy reading your take on U2 staging/logistics.

Ouizy, what did you think of the show/stage? Really enjoy reading your take on U2 staging/logistics.

I posted initial thoughts in the CLaw Part 4 thread.

I have a lot to say, but in general, I thought this was the most revolutionary concert set up designed to date and was really breath taking in person.

Let me guess, they played United States of Eurasia?

:lol: We call it the reincarnation of Freddie.

I'm glad you liked Muse. :D I know Edge and Bono are both fans of them.

Let me guess, they played United States of Eurasia?

:lol: We call it the reincarnation of Freddie.

I'm glad you liked Muse. :D I know Edge and Bono are both fans of them.

Yes they did.

But it was Uprising and Knights of Cydonia that really got me crazy. It was just crazy - those guys do not look like the type of band that would be producing those kinds of songs.

Had U2 not come on and they played for another hour, I think the crowd would have been OK with it. They were hopping, bopping ,and fist pumping through their whole set.

Plus (and not to give anything away) since they come on when it is dark they get to 'use' the Claw's lights and screen which is rare for an opening act...

Showtime in Dallas

Hi,

I'm travelling from Ireland to Dallas for the gig in two weeks. Does anyone know what time they have been coming on stage in the States? Also what time the support acts have been on?

Any help is much appreciated

Cheerw

The support act come on at around 7, and U2 come on at about 9, I believe.

Enjoy my... amazing... state.

The same question keeps getting asked in new threads. I just merged them to one thread.

Back
Top Bottom