Pre sale North American dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astepcloser24

The Fly
Does anyone have any ideas what the North American presale dates are? I listed NYC as March 30 and DC as April 6. I'm particularly interested about learning Chicago's presale date. Thanks all!

no idea...I'm interested in any LA dates...all I've seen is the one for the Rose Bowl but apparently it has disappeared....and then BC mentioned something about a Nevada gig but I haven't seen it....I'm assuming the pre sale is a long way off though, like mid april some time :shrug:

12 September 2009 Soldier Field Chicago IL US Mon. 30 March
16 September 2009 Rogers Centre Toronto ON CA Mon. 30 March
20 September 2009 Gilette Stadium Boston MA US Mon. 30 March
24 September 2009 Giants Stadium New York NY US Mon. 30 March

Looks like the general on sale date for all four of these shows is Monday, March 30.

Which means the U2.com presale could be anywhere from March 25 onwards

But, why wait? Just buy your Chicago GAs here, right now:

http://www.stubhub.com/u2-tickets/u2-chicago-soldier-field-9-12-2009-804608/

Only $1431 each (plus fees)

Man this pisses me off. How the hell does stubhub have tickets already for shows that have not been on sale yet, not even pre-sale? It is either people planning to buy tickets and then re-sell them when they have them, or some shady crap is going down again with Ticketmasterbator and Livenation (Bruce Springstein anyone?)

I hate Ticketmasterbator!

I wouldn't pay $1400 in a million years. I love how U2 insists they're putting ticket prices down. Don't they take into account that these big companies, like stubhub, get a bunch of these tickets and sell them for ridiculously high prices? Instead of paying, say $50 USD for a U2 ticket, I'll end up paying $200-$300. It's b.s.

I’m sure this has been covered, but what’s the consensus on joining up now for pre-sale? Worth it, or not?

Based on the Gothenburg/Milano/Amsterdam presales, it looks like everyone with Horizon and Breathe codes got what they wanted.

It remains to be seen whether Boots code holders will have similar success this afternoon, but their prospects are good. I would wait and see what they say in the G'burg/Milano/A'dam presale thread later on today before plunking down $50 for a Boots code from U2.com

Based on the Gothenburg/Milano/Amsterdam presales, it looks like everyone with Horizon and Breathe codes got what they wanted.

It remains to be seen whether Boots code holders will have similar success this afternoon, but their prospects are good. I would wait and see what they say in the G'burg/Milano/A'dam presale thread later on today before plunking down $50 for a Boots code from U2.com

Thanks for the info, and good idea. I may also email them to find my old info. I was a Propaganda member for years, and u2.com, but let my membership expire. :doh:

no idea...I'm interested in any LA dates...all I've seen is the one for the Rose Bowl but apparently it has disappeared....and then BC mentioned something about a Nevada gig but I haven't seen it....I'm assuming the pre sale is a long way off though, like mid april some time :shrug:

:up: LA. Yeah, I saw the Oct. 25 date for Rosebowl, then it was gone. I'm sure that that date will stick or at least be within a week or two of it. If it was correct the general sale date was April 6, so that will mean April 3 & 4 for presale :hmm:

I'll be hanging around this thread to keep up to date! Thanks for starting it!

12 September 2009 Soldier Field Chicago IL US Mon. 30 March
16 September 2009 Rogers Centre Toronto ON CA Mon. 30 March
20 September 2009 Gilette Stadium Boston MA US Mon. 30 March
24 September 2009 Giants Stadium New York NY US Mon. 30 March

Looks like the general on sale date for all four of these shows is Monday, March 30.

Which means the U2.com presale could be anywhere from March 25 onwards

But, why wait? Just buy your Chicago GAs here, right now:

U2 Chicago [9/12/2009] Tickets at StubHub!

Only $1431 each (plus fees)

i would guess that the Presale starts on Friday, March 27th for Horizon members then. i'm pretty sure U2.com said that each presale would start exactly 3 days before the general sale.

i would guess that the Presale starts on Friday, March 27th for Horizon members then. i'm pretty sure U2.com said that each presale would start exactly 3 days before the general sale.

But they also gave days of the week for the presale, that is, Horizon Subscribers at 10 AM Tuesday, Breathe at 10 AM Wednesday, etc., regardless of the day they go on sale (Milan and Gothenburg on Friday, Amsterdam on Saturday.)

I hope the (and by "the" I mean "my," as I'm in the second group) pre-sale day for Chicago is any day BUT Saturday the 28th. That day would suck for me.

Thanks for planning your schedules to suit my needs, U2. I appreciate it. ;)

Edit: just saw the above. If Horizon is the 25th, hopefully the next group falls in line with the 26th. Yay.

I wouldn't pay $1400 in a million years. I love how U2 insists they're putting ticket prices down. Don't they take into account that these big companies, like stubhub, get a bunch of these tickets and sell them for ridiculously high prices? Instead of paying, say $50 USD for a U2 ticket, I'll end up paying $200-$300. It's b.s.

short of holding all 3,000 some odd field tickets till the day of show and having ridiculously long lines to pick them up... what would you like u2 to do about stubhub?

pearl jam holds all fan club tickets till day of show, but that's for arena shows. and any publicy sold tickets still get put on stubhub for double+ face value. so again, short of government legislation regulating second hand sales, what would you like them to do?

I would think that presales occur on non-weekend days just to make sure the ticket sites don't get hammered on days when other artists have their general sales. That would be common sense.

You and me both.

I bought tickets last time at work, but my boss then understood my obsession.

Now, I have a little less privacy at my desk and more chances of people who do not understand the obsession interrupting me. :mad:

:lol:

my problem is that we normally have a Department meeting at 10am every Wednesday, otherwise i probably could still pull it off at work. looks like i'm going to come down with a cough in about 2 weeks, haha! :wave:

I thought it said on u2.com that the presale was going to be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

The North America shows are allowing a total of 4 tickets to be purchased and you can buy 2 different shows. 2 for Chicago, 2 for Giants Stadium. This will obviously require 2 separate transactions, I am assuming. Is the system going to allow you to enter the code twice? Some people will want 2 shows that go on sale at different times. I am assuming the code will be valid for 2 venues or a total of 4 tickets at one venue. Anyone else concerned about the system being able to differentiate codes and multiple venues. Any thoughts....

I live in MA and can purchase a total of 4 tickets for different shows - do u guys think they will come back to USA again so say I could purchase 2 for the Sept show and then 2 for when ever they come back or should I buy all 4 now - what are u guys going to do?

I live in MA and can purchase a total of 4 tickets for different shows - do u guys think they will come back to USA again so say I could purchase 2 for the Sept show and then 2 for when ever they come back or should I buy all 4 now - what are u guys going to do?

I think I'm going to buy 2 now and wait for them to swing back around and get another 2 then.

I just told my boss I'll be blocking time out on my calendar for when I need to be trying for pre-sale tickets. :lol:

considering she went with me to the show last tour, she's all for it.

pearl jam holds all fan club tickets till day of show, but that's for arena shows.

And that has had problems at times, example: Hartford last June, where the fine folks at the Dodge Music box office were doling out 10c tix at such a snail's pace that many folks missed 3 or 4 songs.

There's no perfect way for bands to thwart scalpers, U2 and others deserve credit for at least making an effort.

They will come back to the USA again next spring/summer. And my money is on the fact that they will issue presale codes again, like they did last tour.

*sigh* Yes, it pisses us all off.

This is going to happen as long as there is greed in the world.

Yes, often times these posts are made by brokers without tickets, who are basically fishing for sales, testing the waters to see what kinds of prices they can get. Sometimes these brokers have access through season ticket programs where they are members and get access to all the shows for a venue. Many brokers do this as it's the easiest way to get tickets to resell.

What bothers me more than this is that fan presales are often not the best seats in the house. If you want to get worked up about something, get worked up about that. You can also get worked up by the fact that often, 15-20% of the tickets for a show never even go through ticketmaster - the artists/management often put those tickets directly on the secondary market, sometimes through the promoter, who might insist on it as part of a condition to play.

This way the promoter and sometimes management and the artist can make a ball of cash by directly selling off the best 15% of the tickets to the brokers. Believe it or not, this happens all the time.

Now, for this tour we're talking about outdoor stadiums in GA, so there are no "best seats".

Man this pisses me off. How the hell does stubhub have tickets already for shows that have not been on sale yet, not even pre-sale? It is either people planning to buy tickets and then re-sell them when they have them, or some shady crap is going down again with Ticketmasterbator and Livenation (Bruce Springstein anyone?)

I hate Ticketmasterbator!

I like what No Doubt has decided to do.

Stefani stiffs Ticketmaster, sells tickets through venue

Tickets for sale only to fans who must show photo ID

By Aldo Santin, Winnipeg Free PressMarch 9, 2009

WINNIPEG -- Local music fans upset with the ticket-pricing shenanigans of Ticketmaster and its subsidiary, TicketsNow, have another reason to love Gwen Stefani and her band No Doubt -- an opportunity to buy the best seats in the house, knowing they'll never have to deal with an Internet reseller.

No Doubt, in the middle of a North American tour, persuaded local venue operators to give them most of the best seats to be offered exclusively to its fan-club members.

And here's what makes this really special: the tickets have the buyers' names on them, and they have to be picked up inside the venue the night of the show, with the buyer showing government-issued photo ID.

"The impetus is to have people who want to be in the building to be the people buying the tickets -- not speculators," said Jim Guerinot, No Doubt's manager. "We've done it before and it works."

No Doubt convinced venue operators to give 10% of the tickets from each show, consisting of the best seats in the house -- to the band's fan club, No Doubt Tour Club. Those tickets are being sold directly to fans, bypassing Ticketmaster and ensuring the price on the tickets is what the fans are paying.

This week, Industry Minister Tony Clement announced he has asked the Competition Bureau to probe whether Ticketmaster is engaged in anti-competitive behaviour to jack up ticket prices. He pointed to recent news stories of consumers being redirected to TicketsNow just as tickets for a show go on sale.

Tickets for the No Doubt show July 13 at the MTS Centre went on sale Saturday. But local pre-sale purchases were available Friday, and that's when members of the fan club were able to buy their tickets for the show.

Guerinot said No Doubt didn't invent the scheme -- he borrowed it from a similar plan that Bruce Springsteen has been following for several years. Guerinot said Stefani and Nine Inch Nails, both acts he manages, have been doing the same thing for four years. The reaction from fans has been great, he said.

"It's very positive. People know you're making the effort to create an environment where the people who are purchasing the tickets are not doing it as a business, but because they want to be in the venue," Guerinot said during a telephone interview from the Laguna, Calif., offices of his management company, Rebel Waltz Inc.

Ticketmaster declined to comment on the No Doubt initiative.

The move has generated applause from Kevin Donnelly, the general manager of senior vice-president of the MTS Centre.

Donnelly said it wouldn't be feasible to sell all MTS Centre tickets in the No Doubt manner, but said dealing with the best seats is the top priority.

"Re-sellers only want the best seats, and anything that hurts the (Internet-based) sellers is good," Donnelly said.

The No Doubt fan club charges its members a $15 fee for the exclusive ticket service, also providing fans with special items such as a digital download of the band's complete audio catalogue for each ticket purchased, and the band's exclusive tour iron-on, logo sticker and magnet.
© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

Back
Top Bottom