Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:huh: ANother bit of confusion for me. This may have been asked earlier but, I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me please:

For the North American tour. We can use our codes only ONCE? to buy a total of 4 tickets to multiple shows.

How can the code be used only ONCE when the presale dates are different for each city? You would have to use the code on a different day for the NY and DC shows right?

Hi everyone,

I just subscribed to U2.com, after realizing that I did not renew my subscription. Do I still stand a chance to get pre-sale tickets?

Also from a post by Bajagirl at U2.com:

"IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice"

well my friend just signed up for the first time yesterday and got a U2B code so i don't know how this is working. has anyone seen a U2C code yet?

Okay so I just subscribed... damn that website is confusing. I don't even know if my subscription went through because it says "UPGRADE" on the top of the page and when I go to my profile it also says "Upgrade Now". Is that normal?

Also, should I expect to get an email telling me about the tour pre-sale sometime soon?

Also from a post by Bajagirl at U2.com:

"IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice"

OK, thanks. I was afraid I wasted $50

well my friend just signed up for the first time yesterday and got a U2B code so i don't know how this is working. has anyone seen a U2C code yet?

If you registered up to 3/8/09 then you will be A or B (Horizon - Day 1 or Breathe - Day 2). Sounds like if you register from today on, you would be in group C.

*sorry, looks like this was answered prior to my post* But I am sure the question will keep coming up.

mikal I haven't gotten an e-mail yet either, though I just signed up this morning. My code on the site says U2C.....

Exactly the same for me, except I signed up late last night...which would've been morning in Dublin. It sounds like we'll get an email very shortly.

Okay so I just subscribed... damn that website is confusing. I don't even know if my subscription went through because it says "UPGRADE" on the top of the page and when I go to my profile it also says "Upgrade Now". Is that normal?

It's a very quirky site. I had similar problems last night when I kept getting a "you must enter a country" error. Canada apparently didn't carry that status for at least a half an hour.

i HAVE a presale code but haven't been emailed. uh. whats going on? lol.

edit- the first three letters for me are U2A. I suppose thats good?

Also, should I expect to get an email telling me about the tour pre-sale sometime soon?

Did you give them your credit card number yet? If not you need to upgrade to paid member to get the presale code. $50.00 for paid subscriber.

I think this is the best thing to go by:

From a post by Bajagirl at U2.com:

"If you have not gotten the email, DON'T WORRY (I haven't either, LOL) we send them out in batches or we would crash the system. Also, the codes are being loaded into the system, so please give us a day to get it done. It WILL be there."

Did you give them your credit card number yet? If not you need to upgrade to paid member to get the presale code. $50.00 for paid subscriber.

Yes, I gave my credit card number and got the receipt for the subscription & rare/remastered CD as well. On the U2 Shop this is what it says on the Order page:

Your order was placed at: Mar 9, 2009 08:31 AM Pacific

* Lookup another order
* Ask us a question about this order

Billing Address Shipping Address
[My personal info here]

Qty Description
1 U2.Com4 Membership CD 'U2: Medium, Rare and Remastered' (U2CFCD09)
1 U2.Com Subscription 2009 (U2CFCP09)
1 U2.Com Subscription Package: 2009 (U2CBNFC9)

Shipment information
Ship date Tracking number Shipper
Shipping info for this order is not available.

Yes, I gave my credit card number and got the receipt for the subscription & rare/remastered CD as well. On the U2 Shop this is what it says on the Order page:

Interesting, You should not see the upgrade button if you are a paid subscriber. But the site is being slammed so no telling. You should be in good shape.

Does that mean SIXTEEN tickets, or what?

No.

4 tickets total to a maximum of 4 different North American shows.

For instance, you can buy:

4 tickets to 1 show
2 tickets to each of 2 shows
1 ticket to 1 show, 3 tickets to another show
1 ticket to each of 4 shows

Does that mean SIXTEEN tickets, or what?

Sorry Lies, need to keep this all to one thread.

From what I gather, it means you can only purchase up to FOUR tickets with the pre-sale code. But you can use the code for FOUR different shows if you want (say if you were going by yourself I guess?).

No.

4 tickets total to a maximum of 4 different North American shows.

For instance, you can buy:

4 tickets to 1 show
2 tickets to each of 2 shows
1 ticket to 1 show, 3 tickets to another show
1 ticket to each of 4 shows

You broke it down better than I :up:

so has anyone received a presale code that starts "U2A" and not been "Horizon"? i'm still waiting on my email but my code starts with "U2A".

Did you sign in? The background should be black. If it's sand colored then it won't show and you have to sign in at the top right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom