First rehearsal sounds! (Stand Up Comedy?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acutally, comparing the two, this intro clip is definitely the same thing as clip 002 from the other day. Play the U2.com clip and then 002 right after it.

This is probably my favorite of all the videos :hyper: it's so epic! Bono is awesome lol.

As for the song. There's no way to know what that intro leads into because we don't hear the end of it.

:hmm: yes and no...I mean, taking it in it's most literal form, it seems pointless for Bono to walk out to the mic towards the end of the clip and the camera to come around to his position unless *something* is about to happen ie the intro ending/a song starting. Also...clip features chord changes for 20 seconds and then levels out to the same note for 10 seconds, just like the COBL intro, Streets intro, in fact if we were to go back probably all of their intros (not other ppls music, theirs)..and at that moment Bono walks out...I think what we're seeing is the last 30 seconds of a longer intro, and on that basis by virtue of the note, I lean NLOTH. Is there another song on the album that opens with that note? Don't kill me but for some reason the album's not on my computer, I think instead of 'copying' to my USB stick for the car I 'moved' it :lol:

Sounds kindof Arabic/North African influenced though, wouldn't you say? I suppose that would be further ammo for it being Magnificent..:hmm:

:hmm: yes and no...I mean, taking it in it's most literal form, it seems pointless for Bono to walk out to the mic towards the end of the clip and the camera to come around to his position unless *something* is about to happen ie the intro ending/a song starting. Also...clip features chord changes for 20 seconds and then levels out to the same note for 10 seconds, just like the COBL intro, Streets intro, in fact if we were to go back probably all of their intros (not other ppls music, theirs)..and at that moment Bono walks out...I think what we're seeing is the last 30 seconds of a longer intro, and on that basis by virtue of the note, I lean NLOTH. Is there another song on the album that opens with that note? Don't kill me but for some reason the album's not on my computer, I think instead of 'copying' to my USB stick for the car I 'moved' it :lol:

Listen to clip 002. The exact same thing in this U2.com clip is in clip 002, followed by vocals (from more people than Bono).

For those of you who haven't heard clip 002:

Audios

It's in the "Audios2.rar" file. It seems that both abrir and descargar work to download it for me, but I'm not sure (I don't speak Spanish). There are five clips total... all of them are identifiable songs, except for 002. These are all from the rehearsals on the seventeenth, and are of about beach-clip quality.

Actually, now that I listen again, these clips are definitely less than beach-clip quality.

This last one with Bono was cool. I wonder for which song is that melody for. Bono said that Edge was trying to figure out how to play MOS live. Maybe that's something for that song. Or maybe that's an intro.... that would be so sweet.... :drool:

And by the way if they don't show anymore than that it's probably because the band themselves don't want more than that to be seen and heard. I kinda like the clips. i just really hope that they are filming al of this for a future behind the scenes documentary, and hopefully something more exciting than the ones shown previously on the Vertigo and Elevation dvds.

And by the way if they don't show anymore than that it's probably because the band themselves don't want more than that to be seen and heard.

I agree. So you take that knowledge and couple it with the fact that Bono and Edge were reticent about revealing rarities that they'd be playing in recent interviews...

....and then someone comes along and tells you that some outside the venue security guard was able to walk into the venue, trot down all the stairs to either the stage or soundboard (assuming the setlists weren't being handed out at Guest Services as souvineirs, granted) say 'hey can I get 3 setlists for the fans outside' and someone from the band or close staff just willingly handed them across..and then that security guard came all the way back up and gave out the setlists..setlists that list those same type of rarities that the band didn't want to let on they were bringing...and no audio but very popular songs.....and you say to yourself: :hmm:

:wink:

Shiiiiiiiiiiit. That does sound like it, I didn't catch that!!

HOLY FUCK. I'll die and go to heaven if they open w/Magnificent. I couldn't care less about NLOTH to be perfectly honest. They could alternate it with GOYB, Vertigo and Elevation on a once every 4 night basis and make me very happy. This, also, is what we call "dreaming" :reject:

:lol:

listen to the latest clip, 16 seconds in.

that sound (the metallic drip, if you like) is from magnificent.

this is magnificent.

I was saying that earlier, maybe in another thread? I don't remember exactly where but that droplet sound definitely gives it away

Biggest spoiler yet from the u2.com clips. Very cool! I agree, I think this is a lead-in to Magnificent. I always love to see how they will open the concert... they sure have had some great ones.

There's nothing like the suspense that's built when that last music track is played just a little louder... you know it's just a matter of seconds before the show begins and the place erupts.

is that a remix of Magnificent played over the PA? I really hope it's available!!! sounds amazing!! I have a few of the remixes, Redanka, Pete Tong, Fred Faulke; I haven't listened by i really hope it's one of those being played

Yeah, at least they're taking care that no one gets lost on their way to the stage. Very good idea if you have someone like Bono in the band who tends to get lost everywhere.

the markers are for timing purposes, so they are where they need to be when the show is ready to start.

-dan

Back
Top Bottom