Edge says "New things" for 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, when I typed that, I just looked wrong. As for the acronyms, I guess I was just being lazy. Someone else had mentioned BTBS, so I thought that they had played that at some point. Just thought I'd add my two cents, sorry.

i understand the feelings of a lot of people around here about wanting to give Bullet The Blue Sky a rest, but the ironic thing is they dropped bullet right when they had a stage set up that was perfect for the song. also... i'd be stunned if we saw songs of ascent before the next tour.

i think unforgettable fire, walk on and ultraviolet are goners. i'd like to see beautiful day and city of blinding lights take a long walk off a short pier, but i suspect they'll be back.

get rid of the crazy tonight remix, put in discotheque or mofo instead (yea right... like that'll happen)

bring back last night on earth. come on... it even fits the whole we're a bunch of friggin' astronauts we're going to space whooooooowee theme thing they've got going.

open with fez, close with bad.

some good points here, the stage does set up well for Bullet. never been one of my personal favorites but I'll gladly substitute anything off JT for anything from ATYCLB or Bomb...

just watched the letterman version of crazy tonight again. incredible performance. it takes on a whole different energy live. absolutely love it. no clue why they wanted to revamp that song for the tour.

last night on earth is a great call, fits in perfectly with the whole space ship stage as bono calls it, they have to add this...

Last Night On Earth, played just like the Mexico City version with Bono's current voice and the claw lighting going ape shit would almost entirely make up for 5 songs from ATYCLB or any other setlist issue we may have.

I just want to agree with what has been stated a few times here: lose the ATYCLB, and replace it with anything. Glad some of the album tracks from JT are getting some love here! There is so much they could do with Boy, War, UF, JT and Pop material if they just make these simple adjustments:

1.)Same level of rotation throughout the set as on Vertigo Tour.
2.)Drop 3 from ATYCLB(keep BD and Walk On)
3.)Add a 2nd encore and change it up night to night like on Vertigo.

There is nothing drastic suggested here, nothing Pearl Jam or Bruce like, just something that U2 has done in the past to liven things up that they are clearly capable of again!

I totally agree about keeping Walk On, that is just an awesome song. Some JT stuff would be great, especially One Tree Hill and Running. I'm not really counting on too many rarer songs, but would love to hear Fast Cars, as I missed that one on the Vertigo Tour.

This spaceship was built to take us to... ZOOROPA!!!

(i'm going to keep saying it until it happens, i.e. never :wink:)

It is nice Edge mentioned that since most folks will assume they will get 12-15 of the same songs next summer. I know I won't be buying tickets till I see the setlist etc.
THe one good thing is by then they have had 50-75 shows to get all the bugs out.
New Album new songs or just more of No LINe? I can't see them creating 10 new songs and have them on vinyl by spring. I would almost bet the bank on that one. Maybe do it up with a few songs ep style.....
I liked the comment on they almost went back to Fez to play complete album a la Radiohead doing a really cool show over internet of the complete in Rainbows album
Blue ROom next year>?
Or maybe we can get a Pearl Jam Philly show with 41 songs most rare or never played before........
That would sell some tickets. :applaud:

I would love to hear Bad, AIWIY and 40 as an encore, with maybe some Zooropa stuff thrown in, too. I guess we can keep dreaming, they probably will do mostly the same set with a few exceptions. Although, if they do come out with the new album by then (which I seriously doubt), that would be fantastic.

Ima make a list of a song or two per album, because I know everything, my opinion is FACT, and U2 will listen to me.

These songs:

11 Oclock Tick Tock (PROPERLY!)
Tomorrow (imagine THAT instead of some dreary acoustic!)
Like A Song
New Years Day
A Sort Of Homecoming
Pride
Bullet The Blue Sky
Van Diemen's Land (Edge ONLY, thanks lol)
Acrobat (ok, more realistically, Lady With The Spinning Head or The Fly)
Zooropa (encore start)
DO YOU FEEL LOVED!!! (PERIOD!!!)
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Crumbs From Your Table
Unknown Caller

Thank you.

(All joking aside, I see those as very balanced requests)

So long as they keep Streets, One, Ultraviolet, Breathe and Magnificent, I don't give a fuck how they do it.

I can't see them creating 10 new songs and have them on vinyl by spring. I would almost bet the bank on that one.

But the beauty is they don't have to create 10 new songs, according to pretty much everyone a big chunk of the album is already there.

I'll take that bet.:wink:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet!! That would be an excellent choice. I would absolutely die if they played ASOH! I've never heard that song live. Also, someone earlier mentioned Wire that would be awesome also. Even if they rotated some of those songs around each night, just to keep it spontaneous.

Do you think Bono would still be able to sing Red Hill? My sister and brother in law saw the RRHOF MSG show and he said it sounded like his voice was pretty rough on Veritgo. Of course, I defended my guy by saying they had just toured all over the place and he hasn't had too much of a chance to rest his voice.

Do you think Bono would still be able to sing Red Hill? My sister and brother in law saw the RRHOF MSG show and he said it sounded like his voice was pretty rough on Veritgo. Of course, I defended my guy by saying they had just toured all over the place and he hasn't had too much of a chance to rest his voice.

I think he could pull it off on a good day...I've come to the conclusion that all Bono needs is adequate rest between performances...when Bono is on these days...he's unstoppable.

I also think there's slightly better chances of him singing it these days with his much improved technique.

I think he could pull it off on a good day...I've come to the conclusion that all Bono needs is adequate rest between performances...when Bono is on these days...he's unstoppable.

I also think there's slightly better chances of him singing it these days with his much improved technique.

More and more I don't think it'a voice problem or capacity. It's just if he wants to give 100% or not.

Example:

SBS, WOWY = voice is boring to death

Ultraviolet = voice is unbelievable, best in 20 years

It's the same guy, same concert, same band..... but not the same voice

More and more I don't think it'a voice problem or capacity. It's just if he wants to give 100% or not.

Example:

SBS, WOWY = voice is boring to death

Ultraviolet = voice is unbelievable, best in 20 years

It's the same guy, same concert, same band..... but not the same voice

That's an interesting observation!
I'm thinking back to how blow-me-away he sounded for Ultraviolet while he didn't really belt out SBS or WOWY, but I feel like this was partly a matter of how he decided to wrap himself around the song, ya know, kinda more loosely around those two and more tautly around Ultraviolet. And that his voice *itself* is strong enough lately that he *can* produce completely respectable SBSs and WOWYs while leaving more of the 'work' of the performance to the effects, the crowd, etc., if that makes any sense at all...

I was thinking if he sounded sorta rough for RRHOF it might be because he'd been jawing away for hours and hours :D

they did beautiful day at that show also... im starting to think it may be a contractual agreement that they have to play BD at every single live performance for the rest of their careers...

That's an interesting observation!
I'm thinking back to how blow-me-away he sounded for Ultraviolet while he didn't really belt out SBS or WOWY, but I feel like this was partly a matter of how he decided to wrap himself around the song, ya know, kinda more loosely around those two and more tautly around Ultraviolet. And that his voice *itself* is strong enough lately that he *can* produce completely respectable SBSs and WOWYs while leaving more of the 'work' of the performance to the effects, the crowd, etc., if that makes any sense at all...

I was thinking if he sounded sorta rough for RRHOF it might be because he'd been jawing away for hours and hours :D

either that or the all night whiskey bender on the plane they refer to in rolling stone. that helps your voice...

Back
Top Bottom