The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get the new maps? I watched one of my friends play them briefly last week.

For $15? Fuck that. Most of the guys I run with on a regular basis didn't get them either, so it's not a big deal.

I guess I still play it since I've been pretty successful with it. When we've got a team of four or more together, we don't lose. And I'm routinely slapping up 22+ kill, single digit death matches now, which certainly adds to the replay value. Getting Harriers, Pave Lows, and chopper gunners out the ass makes me wonder why I ever found it even somewhat difficult to get dogs in WaW or a chopper in MW1.

Not to be misconstrued as bragging about video game prowess, of course, because nobody gives a fuck. Just saying why I am still way into the game.

For $15? Fuck that. Most of the guys I run with on a regular basis didn't get them either, so it's not a big deal.

I guess I still play it since I've been pretty successful with it. When we've got a team of four or more together, we don't lose. And I'm routinely slapping up 22+ kill, single digit death matches now, which certainly adds to the replay value. Getting Harriers, Pave Lows, and chopper gunners out the ass makes me wonder why I ever found it even somewhat difficult to get dogs in WaW or a chopper in MW1.

Not to be misconstrued as bragging about video game prowess, of course, because nobody gives a fuck. Just saying why I am still way into the game.
I may return to playing once I go back home in May. For the time being, I am not playing simply because I am not with XBox Live right now. There will be rust come May, have no doubt about that.

I hate how smug the character with the red beret looks in Battlefield 2. I cant stand when I get killed by one of them

Finished God of War 3. Great stuff, not a bad ending to the series. Which PS3 games should I pick up next? I'm thinking UC2 and Heavy Rain, what older releases are good value? Any non-exclusives that are notably better than the 360 versions?

Uncharted 2 for sure. Its one of the best games for PS3. You might want to pick up Uncharted 1 too and play it first. Its also an awesome game. I havent played Heavy Rain yet, but I've heard good things about it. A bunch of games just went on the best sellers list, so you can pick them up for cheap. I'm pretty sure Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and Little Big Planet are all $30 or $40 dollars now.

I hate how smug the character with the red beret looks in Battlefield 2. I cant stand when I get killed by one of them

:lol:

I'm not a fan of the guys in the bug eyed glasses (Assault) on either team either.

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than sneaking up on the last guy who sniped me and stabbing him in the head.

Unfortunately I'm not a fan of squad deathmatch. The team of four leaves too much room for stupidity and people backing out all the damn time.

Rush and Conquest alternation seems to be working well. Wish they had more game modes though. :sad:

I only ever seem to play Conquest. Played rush a couple times but had no idea what i was doing. I should really check it out though. they definitely need more game modes. I wish they had a Search and Destroy style no respawn mode. Its all I ever play on MW2

:laugh:

Those douchebags always piss me off too.

Finished God of War 3. Great stuff, not a bad ending to the series. Which PS3 games should I pick up next? I'm thinking UC2 and Heavy Rain, what older releases are good value? Any non-exclusives that are notably better than the 360 versions?

I agree with JT on Uncharted 2 and the first Uncharted. Uncharted 2 is phenomenal, my favorite game last year on any system. I really like Demon's Souls and MAG. Killzone 2 is pretty cool too, if you like shooters with fantastic graphics, as he already said, though the controls are a little clunky. I played through Heavy Rain and enjoyed it for being unique and different, but didn't love it by any means. It's definitely not for everyone. I really liked Flower (PSN exclusive downloadable game), but it's probably not for everyone either.

I only ever seem to play Conquest. Played rush a couple times but had no idea what i was doing. I should really check it out though. they definitely need more game modes. I wish they had a Search and Destroy style no respawn mode. Its all I ever play on MW2

The only times I've tried Rush were with you and NSW. That first match we had two enemy Blackhawk helicopters circling our spawn point and mowing everyone down. I took two of them down, and another one was circling our base a minute later. It was a mess. I've heard it's the most popular mode for the game online though, so I should probably try it more. Especially since it has different maps. I didn't play at all last week, played a little more Mass Effect 2 (and tried to get some achievements on the original Mass Effect) this weekend.

I played through God of War 3 again and beat it last night. I decided to upgrade some of the different weapons that I sort of ignored the first time around, so it was still interesting. I might pick up the God of War collection soon though. Ive never played either of the first two :reject:
Cant wait for Red Dead Redemption to come out. It'll probably be the next new one I get

I've been meaning to post about Red Dead Redemption! I'm so incredibly hyped for that game. Everything about it looks awesome. The single player, multi player, graphics, gameplay, setting, everything. Hopefully it does well, I hope all the GTA fannies hear about it and pick it up. Type of game I may end up getting on both systems, just so I can play with different groups of friends.

Played rush a couple times but had no idea what i was doing. I should really check it out though.
:yes: Rush is way more exciting, although I do like playing Defender more than Attacker. It's sort of like a backwards version of MW's Sabotage.

I can take care of helicopters now. I finally upgraded my engineer to have the heat seeking missile. So long as the helicopter stays stationary for a few seconds, or travels really low, I can take it out in one fell swoop.
My other favorite thing is to respawn with anti-tank mines and sprinkle them around the M-Com stations. The best part is that they stay there the whole game no matter what you come back as. So I'll be sniping someone like 5 minutes later and suddenly get 200+ points for blowing the shit out of a tank.

Anyway, we should all squad up at some point. :up:

I've been meaning to post about Red Dead Redemption! I'm so incredibly hyped for that game. Everything about it looks awesome. The single player, multi player, graphics, gameplay, setting, everything. Hopefully it does well, I hope all the GTA fannies hear about it and pick it up. Type of game I may end up getting on both systems, just so I can play with different groups of friends.

Red Dead's gonna be great. I'll just buy for one system, not sure which yet.

I suck too. The good thing about the game is that it's not all about your kill to death ratio, you can work on trying to take the flags and what not, and that's more helpful to the team than shooting fools.

I suck too. The good thing about the game is that it's not all about your kill to death ratio, you can work on trying to take the flags and what not, and that's more helpful to the team than shooting fools.

I more or less follow you around and hope to snipe someone now and then. I might sing a tune or two as well.

LET'S CLAN THE FUCK UP Y'ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom