The Colbert Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
La Palabra WAS fun! I love that it's based on "Sabado Gigante"--that show is a hoot, even if they speak too quickly for me to understand with my knowledge of high school Spanish.

And what Kelly said about Atomic Bono's signature :up:.

"Geraldo's Mustache" was brilliant!

Rule #1 : Don't hammer Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert, but especially not both in the same breath! Somewhere deep inside, didn't Geraldo know it was going to fly back on him?

:laugh:

Florida State University's homecoming PowWow concert is getting a jolt of "truthiness" this year.

Satirist and comedian Stephen Colbert - who plays a pompous political pundit who preaches his version of "the truth" on Comedy Central's hit show "The Colbert Report" - is coming to the Civic Center on Nov. 17

Stephen Colbert coming to my alma mater :drool:. I wonder if a trip to Tallahassee is possible in November :hmm:.

"I'm going to save you $12.95 and 10 years of your life right now! Call your cable operator and cancel your HBO subscription right now. I'll wait."

Actually, there is live blogging of TDS/TCR at Daily Kos when the show is on on the East Coast. You have to register to post on the site, and you can find the link to the thread where members post diaries about 11 pm or so. www.dailykos.com

And at the library today, I asked a patron who is into politics if she watches the show, and she remarked that Stephen looked especially delicious last night...to which I said, yeah, that was a perfect description of the man and his crazy charisma!

I forgot to mention... Is anyone old enough here to remember the show 'One Day At A Time' with Bonnie Franklin? If so, doesn't Colberto in my signature look like Schneider? :laugh:

:lol:

(I'm not dating myself just because I'm laughing :giggle: . Lila, I love that sig. It is brilliant!! )

I would love to nominate my district for BKAD. This is becoming my favorite segment..

Lila64 said:
I forgot to mention... Is anyone old enough here to remember the show 'One Day At A Time' with Bonnie Franklin? If so, doesn't Colberto in my signature look like Schneider? :laugh:

nobody here is that old

but your profile states you were born in 1902. I guess someone is that old :hmm:

And the Hollywood district cracked me up, since I was born/raised in L.A. When he was talking about pastrami and Langers, OMG, I was laughing my ass off, cuz either Stephen or someone on his staff HAD to have been to the place to talk about it the way they do. Or they are just geniuses, which we already knew. :wink:

Shoutout to U2 last night!

During The Word, Stephen was talking about Jay-Z helping with a UN/MTV clean water initiative, and he accused the rapper of joining the "Bono-stapo". To which the bullet chimed in with "Et U2, Brute?"
(obviously a take-off on the famous line from Julius Caesar).

Saw that last night & immediately thought of this thread too! :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom