SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I SWEAR Steve did not day the word "Crazy" when the whole rice thing was going down....I would like to see that scene again. because I think he said something like "You're a lunatic" or "deranged" or some such thing...but not crazy? I immediately was thinking what is Phillip so worked up about? he didn't even say "crazy" anyone else notice that?

What "God card" is Matt playing? He's not saying "I will win because God is on my side". He's not saying "Don't vote me out, I love God". He's saying "God, I want to glorify you in what I do".

Did Phillip say 'I'm black, don't vote me out' ?

He said, "If they vote me out, they vote me out."

What is delusional is Matt saying, that what happens to him in this game is God's plan.
Make stupid decisions, suffer the consequences. That has nothing to do with God's plan.
He might as well jump off a cliff and see what God has planned for him.

Phil deserved to have his shorts taken. He is a complete shithead. His race card bullshit was completely ludicrous. I don't know what I'm looking forward to more: Seeing who wins Survivor or seeing if Phil's story is horseshit or not.

Yessssss.

I hope you don't mean the "N" word with the :coocoo: , Sicy! hahahaha!

:lol:

Also, I SWEAR Steve did not day the word "Crazy" when the whole rice thing was going down....I would like to see that scene again. because I think he said something like "You're a lunatic" or "deranged" or some such thing...but not crazy? I immediately was thinking what is Phillip so worked up about? he didn't even say "crazy" anyone else notice that?

Survivor: Redemption Island: Watch Episodes and Video and Join the Ultimate Fan Community - CBS.com

Also dont forget Ponderosa time!
Survivor Video - Life at Ponderosa (David Pt. 1) - CBS.com

Why did you say that? What does that have to do with Matt?

What is delusional is Matt saying, that what happens to him in this game is God's plan.
Make stupid decisions, suffer the consequences. That has nothing to do with God's plan.

Here are the definitions of delusion:

A false belief or opinion.
A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness.

Now, whether you agree with Matt or not, his belief that what happens to him in Survivor is God's will does not match the criteria for delusion. Frankly, you believe that his belief is false, you don't know that his belief is false, and thus you cannot prove that his belief is false. There is no "invalidating evidence".

I personally don't believe that everything that happens is God's plan. But many people do believe that. That's not delusional; it's just a different belief.

Seems to me Matt is crumbling....he is losing hope and faith in the game and in himself, like he is giving up. Poor guy has spent most of the season on Redemption Island. He can't catch a break. Perhaps if he changes his thinking and DOES something about it he might pull himself out of the hole he seems to be in.

Seems to me Matt is crumbling....he is losing hope and faith in the game and in himself, like he is giving up. Poor guy has spent most of the season on Redemption Island. He can't catch a break. Perhaps if he changes his thinking and DOES something about it he might pull himself out of the hole he seems to be in.

Yeah, Matt really needs to sit down and work out with God that he's not on a campout, he's playing a game called Survivor and he needs to decide what he's going to do about that. I appreciate his desire to honor God and do His will, but he needs to work out that it IS okay for him to take some ownership and responsiblity for his choices in the game. This is a dark night of the soul for Matt, certainly, but I hope he can grow from it and come out stronger.

I think that Matt is a huge drama queen. And an idiot to boot.

Phillip is a disaster and I think Julie put it best when she said that she was glad to be away from the negativity.

The race thing was bad but to me the thing that was much worse was his complete hypocrisy about the rice. So he goes and STEALS rice from the other team and then when they won't let him use their rice container, he has the audacity to pontificate about how shocked he is at what levels people will stoop to while playing Survivor. That's outrageous. And as for his "we're one team" nonsense - oh, really? Like how they slept in the rain while you had the tarp? Absolute hypocrite, which is worse than his craziness (which seems to be legit).

All I know is that Season 24 is filming in the same location as Season 23, and therefore, would likely include returning contestants. If Phillip isn't one of those contestants, I'll be :sad:

I couldn't possibly stand watching another season of Philip. He really makes me sickened to the point I don't want to watch the show so long as he is on it. I loathe him more with each passing week.

Hopefully there will be a final 3
with 7 on the jury

and with jury voting being petty first,
I hope it goes, 2 rob, 2 (whoever, matt?) , 3 phillip.

One can only hope.

No real surprises tonight. Rob now has won seven individual immunities in his Survivor career.

Marquesas: 0
All Stars: 4
Heroes vs. Villains: 1
Redemption Island: 2

That gives him the record, two more than Colby, Tom, Terry or Ozzy.

Rob noted something about 32 days in the preview which means he makes it to his 110th day at the very least. Parvati holds the duration record with 114 days.

The clip showed him saying "32 days of hard work down the drain", which is meant to make us think he's getting voted off, but its most likely clever editing and the second half of a statement. I suspect with his idol and the way the Ometepes seem to revere him, he's a shoo in for the final 4 at least, which should get him to what, day 36 anyway.

So now we have 4 folks on RI, pretty soon there'll be more castaways there than in the actual tribe.

When they showed the log roll challenge, I said to the wife "why do I get the impression Ralph will do well at this". Came close, good work by Grant to beat him.

And speaking of Grant, he's under the radar which is impressive considering his obvious physical abilities. He also seems to be the only other Ometepe besides Rob who is thinking strategically. I assume Rob will have to try and take him out soon, he is a threat to win his way to the final 3 on immunity challenges, and could beat Rob with a spiteful jury and Phillip as the 3rd option.

Those 3 girls are the dumbest players out there. They have absolutely zero game strategy and certainly do not deserve to win anything. They could have made a big move last night, but cannot figure out that it would have been. Can't wait to see this tribe self-destruct!

Andrea will/shoiuld be the next to go.

Then it will get a bit more interesting.
Phillip would be an easy target. Of course Rob and Grant could also target each other.

No player remaining should be thinking of voting Phillip out, he's extremely beatable in the final, making him a near lock to get there at this point. Rob and Grant, while chocolate cake loving buddies, have both got to realize that the other is his biggest obstacle to the million, so I expect we'll see them go after one another quite soon.

The whole Redemption Island redux factor really throws a wrinkle in as well. We don't know when someone will be rejoining, but if it were to be at the final 4, which is not far off right now, that person, likely a Zapatera alum could immunity challenge themself into the final 3 and walk away with the million. Not sure I'm fond of how they're handling RI now. The original concept was good, and if it had ended when they sent Matt back to the merged tribe, that would have been kosher, but now they're gonna let someone back in awfully close to the end, which seems like way too much of an advantage.

And they haven't had to work as hard this time around, just don't be last out of 10 contestants playing shuffle board and you can be in the final 3 with Phillip and Rupert (they're just waiting for the right time to drop him in so he can finally win the million).

The only reason Phillip would go after Andrea, would be to prevent the blood letting until a final five. If the remaining two degrees want Phillip out, it would be risky for Rob or Grant to try and switch it up. They could figure if they agree they will have the momentum to go after the other male with the 2 degrees next vote.

hopefully Andrea will win immunity next and we will have a little drama.

of course it would only be Grant making a move on Rob, only to have him play idol and take Grant out.

This was the time to make the big moves and nobody did, not even Rob. I was very disappointed. Apparently everybody in Ometepe thinks they are Amber.

I agree with Hewson that I don't like how RI factors in now.

What was the upside for Rob to putting Andrea out?

He has the other 2 girls ready to do it when he says so.

So why take her out and leave Steve in? He would be more likely to try and get in their heads and ask them if they thought they could beat Rob in the finals and try and make them flip. Rob has played about a flawless game as anyone ever has. It has not been the most dramatic or fun to watch, but I can't fault any of his moves.

Has anyone ever found an idol and not blabbed to at least one person?
Also, finding the clues and tossing them may not seem that big of a move. But if others had the clues and could not find the idol, they might get a *clue* about where it really is.

I also respect that Rob has not stooped to the low of a fake idol.

Redemption Island, say what you want to about it.

But at least they are earning their way individually. One can't ride on anyone's coat tails or throw a challenge and remain in the game. No floaters on the Island.

"You guys got room for one more..."

That was a great ending.

It was also very well done to anticipate another person being voted off and thinking of it ahead of time. I think they should have gotten rid of Andrea; they don't know who or when the winner of RI will be back, and if it ends up being Matt, that's a little risk putting them back together. Whereas Steve is on his own and not a threat.

In the end, I don't believe it will matter anyway. It's Rob, Phillip, and one of the girls for the Top 3.

Redemption Island, say what you want to about it.

But at least they are earning their way individually. One can't ride on anyone's coat tails or throw a challenge and remain in the game. No floaters on the Island.

Yes, but they also are exempt from the social game, which I believe is an important part of being a Survivor champion.

What was the upside for Rob to putting Andrea out?

He has the other 2 girls ready to do it when he says so.

So why take her out and leave Steve in? He would be more likely to try and get in their heads and ask them if they thought they could beat Rob in the finals and try and make them flip. Rob has played about a flawless game as anyone ever has. It has not been the most dramatic or fun to watch, but I can't fault any of his moves.

Has anyone ever found an idol and not blabbed to at least one person?
Also, finding the clues and tossing them may not seem that big of a move. But if others had the clues and could not find the idol, they might get a *clue* about where it really is.

I also respect that Rob has not stooped to the low of a fake idol.

I think Rob should have set his final three and used the last two remaining Zapetera to eliminate the ones he doesn't want to take to the finals. I think Rob should have blindsided Grant and Andrea. But it's a minor quibble. By not doing this he's simply made it a little more dicey for himself in these next two weeks since he'll have to get rid of the three he doesn't want before they get rid of him. But he's definitely in a position of strength and I essentially agreee with you that he's played an outstanding game.

It was far more important for Rob's teammates to make the move and get rid of him this week, and they really bungled that. I find it astounding that none of the Ometepe seemed to realize that entering the final six with only their own tribe is bound to be bad for at least some of them.

I would vote out Natalie or Ashley next. Andrea is on the outs with them anyway, if Matt comes back, she's on the outs with him. She has no real alliance and can be voted out anytime. Time to split the girls up if you're Rob.

It's pretty clear to me what his strategy is: take Phillip (useless and hateful) and one of the girls - Natalie or Ashley (even more useless) to the F3. That pretty much assures him a victory, as it should be anyway.

The unfortunate thing here is that he is surrounded by exceptionally stupid people.

Back
Top Bottom