New Fall shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I didn't realize she was in that, she's too recognizable an actor, I assume she's definitely going to end up as an ally.

damning, with faint praise
this from a guy that stayed with one season of falling skies :shocked:

I am still 15 minutes away, should I get in or not :hmm:

Terra Nova was pretty good, but not the best thing ever. I'm going to give it a chance and watch it again next week (especially since there's nothing else on Monday nights). I felt like I was watching Avatar, Lost, Jurassic Park, and a little bit of The Matrix all at once.

So far, I've liked Person of Interest, Ringer, Revenge and Two Broke Girls.

Terra Nova started off slowly, but ended well. And I agree the family origin was annoying.

I was iffy on The New Girl. Zooey gets on my nerves.

I didn't really like The Playboy Club and I HATED Charlie's Angels.

I've got Pan-Am waiting on my DVR and am really looking forward to American Horror and Once Upon a Time.

Watched five minutes of "2 Broke Girls" last night and thought it was terrible. I watched about two minutes of "Whitney" and thought it was worse than terrible. "New Girl" was cute and I'm interested to see more.

Watched five minutes of "2 Broke Girls" last night and thought it was terrible. I watched about two minutes of "Whitney" and thought it was worse than terrible. "New Girl" was cute and I'm interested to see more.

I was curious to give 2 Broke a try because I have high hopes for Kat Dennings' career.
But, time and self respect has stopped me from doing so.

I really like Zooey, but I feel like I could burn-out on her pretty quickly if I saw her being cute and charming that regularly.

I really like Kat Dennings but was annoyed at how hard the writers were trying to make her character "edgy." It's like, OK, we get it, she's smart-mouthed. The writers are too busy thinking up cutting things for her to say that they didn't write a three-dimensional character.

Person of interest looks ok. Will give it another try.

Terra Nova, not so much.

Will check out Once upon a Time and The River

Just watched The Playboy Club. Not bad, kinda interesting and Eddie whatshisface is hawt :drool:

I also watched Whitney. That was pretty funny, but pretty cliche at the same time. I guess TV is running out of ideas.

I've watched a few new shows this season:

2 Broke Girls - kinda meh. Agree with what has been said so far. I'm giving it another week or two, but I'm veering towards not watching. Hopefully it will get better, but I'm not holding my breath.

A Gifted Man - interesting premise. Nothing fabulous, but I'm going to watch a few more weeks to see if I'll stick with it. I'm always so hesitant to give up without giving it a few weeks, since pilots are often not that great.

Pan Am - I think it has promise. There was just WAY too much going on, so hopefully they'll pick a storyline and stick with it in upcoming weeks. I love the clothes, though!

Hart of Dixie - I really enjoyed this. Wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. It has a very Sweet Home Alabama-vibe to it, but I like it.

I can't really watch any more new shows, because I watch enough TV as it is. :lol:

So far, I've liked Person of Interest, Ringer, Revenge and Two Broke Girls.

Terra Nova started off slowly, but ended well. And I agree the family origin was annoying.

I was iffy on The New Girl. Zooey gets on my nerves.

I didn't really like The Playboy Club and I HATED Charlie's Angels.

I've got Pan-Am waiting on my DVR and am really looking forward to American Horror and Once Upon a Time.

Ringer and Revenge are good. I never watched any Buffy before.

Terra Nova, if 3/4s of the pilot is not good, the 1/4 is not enough for me.
Not going to waste my time.

Pan Am and Playboy Club are both ok, they seem to working on making some interesting characters.

New Girl, not so special for me at all, I may give it one more shot.
I did like Whitney a bit more.

The one I would say some of you should give a try if you have not yet, would be Revenge, with so many it would be easy to over look it.

Pan Am was alright. Different anyway from any other show on tv lately. There was a lot going on for a first episode. I'm interested to see how the show's writers can keep the storylines going enough to reinsure the show remains on the air.

So happy with "New Girl," they handled Damon Wayons Jr. leaving really quickly and really well, the characters are clicking well and the show is getting a solid identity. My only concern is I feel like they're leaning toward a future Jess/Nick hookup. I just don't want to go through the whole "Will they? Won't they?" thing anymore.

So happy with "New Girl," they handled Damon Wayons Jr. leaving really quickly and really well, .

They didn't address it at all, just said Winston was their roommate before Coach, no mention of why Coach left.
They might as well have done a Dick York with the character if thats all they were gonna do.

They didn't address it at all, just said Winston was their roommate before Coach, no mention of why Coach left.
They might as well have done a Dick York with the character if thats all they were gonna do.

I was afraid they were either going to recast the role or make up some elaborate reason for why Coach left (like "Two and a Half Men"). They mentioned Coach was gone, Winston's here and went on with it. I was fine with that.

that is about how quickly these single shared living quarters swap out room mates
(I've been a landlord for awhile now)

that is about how quickly these single shared living quarters swap out room mates
(I've been a landlord for awhile now)

Stanley_Roper_1982.png

not quite there, but approaching,
and that is a good thing, these rentals are near the beach, I no longer dilute myself by even thinking about fraternizing with any of my tenants,
some of my tenants qualify for the hottest chick thread

Been looking forward to that one, Jason MoFo Issacs back on TV!

Oh, and I finally caught Terra Nova, the concept and production design are quite interesting, but man I hope they replaced the people who wrote the dialog, oh and the whole fugitive was so thinly written and unnecessary it really irritated me.

New Girl: really liked it. Funny how when she sings her silly little things in the show, I love it. When she's singing the theme song, my dislike of Zooey Deschanel returns.

Pan Am: liked it, only watched the pilot so far

The Playboy Club: ehhhh. Not hugely impressed by the pilot. Could that lawyer guy BE more of a Don Draper knock-off? I have the second episode still on my DVR - I'll check it out and decide if I want to watch it.

Still to watch: Ringer, Prime Suspect, Terra Nova

So far I'm really enjoying Whitney - I love it when the entire cast can crack me up.

Up all night - ick. Didn't enjoy it at all.

New Girl - I'll give it a few more chances. I go from thinking Zooey's character is cute and goofy, to thinking she's annoying and obnoxious.

Terra Nova - just watched the pilot last night. Still unsure. I'll give it a few more chances. Defiintely entertaining.

I'm waiting to see American Horror Story - I'll bet that will turn into the series that I'll forget to watch week to week because I'll forget to DVR or what night/channel its on.

I'm looking forward to the fairytale one..whats that called? Once upon a time or something like that.

New Girl: really liked it. Funny how when she sings her silly little things in the show, I love it. When she's singing the theme song, my dislike of Zooey Deschanel returns.

Pan Am: liked it, only watched the pilot so far

The Playboy Club: ehhhh. Not hugely impressed by the pilot. Could that lawyer guy BE more of a Don Draper knock-off? I have the second episode still on my DVR - I'll check it out and decide if I want to watch it.

Still to watch: Ringer, Prime Suspect, Terra Nova

since you are a Buffy fan, I think you will like Ringer,
Revenge is pretty good, too
you may want to give that a try

Yeah, I admit, I'm initially interested just for Sarah Michelle Gellar. :)

I just never got around to watching the pilot before I went on my trip, so I'm already 3 episodes behind.

Back
Top Bottom