US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, I will back off on that, it's just the hypocrisy from some people regarding these men/women issues is irritating.

It's pretty confusing to us gals being told that having our pussies grabbed is A-OK and you can be president someday, but having a man try to hold on to a microphone we are grabbing out of his hands at the direction of the pussy grabber is a high crime and misdemeanor.

Tell you what, when you fellas decide on when we should be offended or feel threatened, you let us know, okay?

Trump likes to rate women too. Publicly. Remember, Heidi Klum is no longer a 10. I'm not a hypocrite about it, I know who the misogynist disrespecting pussy grabber is. It's not Acosta.

If I had to choose who to be alone in a room with, it's Acosta. Or who to try to keep quiet in a press conference, it's Acosta. A media glory hound does not make for a sexual assaulting disrespecting misogynist pussy grabber. False equivalency there.

I'm sure he could have some secret life no one knows about, but as far as I know Acosta is the safer option. No amount of money could make me work for Donald Trump or be anywhere alone with him.

I got into a really dumb Twitter slapfight over this Acosta BS last night. I got so stupidly worked up over it, I ended up deleting half my replies to people. Oy.

If you watch even the doctored footage and equate that contact with "shoving," "pushing," "battery," "putting hands on" (in the negative sense in which that phrase is intended) etc, I can't help you.

Regardless of your feelings about Acosta or CNN, it's completely ridiculous. Sometimes when two human beings are in close proximity to each other, and both are moving, a limb is going to come in contact with a limb.

Also, it totally reminds me of how pissed I was when the Sex and the City finale tried to make it look like Baryshnikov "slapped" Carrie and it was such colossal bullshit.

Fair enough, I will back off on that, it's just the hypocrisy from some people regarding these men/women issues is irritating.

Here, I'll clear it up for you.

Women don't like being sexually abused. This is not a "men/women" issue. This is a humanity and common decency issue.

I hope that clears things up and you're able to to about your day now.

I love how this Acosta clip has become the new Zapruder film.

And by "love," I mean "BLEEEEEEURRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHPFFFFFFFFTTTT."

Back and to the left!

WelcomeFalseIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

Can we call this what it is? The Dems took the House back, and firing Sessions and kicking Acosta out of the WH is designed to get the news to talk about those things instead of the fact that Dems took back the House and it's going to be bad for Trump.

The news channels should not take his bait. Cover these things briefly, but keep the focus on the Dem takeover of the House.

It's pretty confusing to us gals being told that having our pussies grabbed is A-OK and you can be president someday, but having a man try to hold on to a microphone we are grabbing out of his hands at the direction of the pussy grabber is a high crime and misdemeanor.

Tell you what, when you fellas decide on when we should be offended or feel threatened, you let us know, okay?

Thank. You. :up:

I can't believe there is actual doctored footage of this from the White House. Remember when I said a while back how we need to find some way to rein these people in? This is what I'm talking about. The White House should not be allowed to get by with pulling this kind of shit.

Can we call this what it is? The Dems took the House back, and firing Sessions and kicking Acosta out of the WH is designed to get the news to talk about those things instead of the fact that Dems took back the House and it's going to be bad for Trump.

The news channels should not take his bait. Cover these things briefly, but keep the focus on the Dem takeover of the House.

Also agreed on this.

Here, I'll clear it up for you.

Women don't like being sexually abused. This is not a "men/women" issue. This is a humanity and common decency issue.

I hope that clears things up and you're able to to about your day now.

The usual snark without substance. Wow, you're so intelligent. So between your response and anitram, it's nothing but deflecting and obsessing over Trump. Exhibit 2 as to why only five of you carry on conversations here anymore.

Maybe someone else can actually address the Acosta/WH intern situation with an intelligent response

We have. The video tweeted out by the Press Secretary was doctored. What Acosta did WASN'T assault, not even close. Someone tried to grab something from him, and he avoided it. Now, when a man rubbed his crotch against me repeatedly on the subway, THAT was assault. See the difference?

The usual snark without substance. Wow, you're so intelligent. So between your response and anitram, it's nothing but deflecting and obsessing over Trump. Exhibit 2 as to why only five of you carry on conversations here anymore.

Maybe someone else can actually address the Acosta/WH intern situation with an intelligent response

Will you address whether or not you believe the video was doctored tho

I have watched the original video and see nothing inappropriate.

I am appalled that the White House press secretary would release a doctored video. Actual fake news. She should resign.

There really isn't anything else to discuss. It's not hypocrisy to say that comparing accidental physical contact with pussy grabbing is false equivalence.

Well, it's kind of hard to have an actual conversation with the other side when they're saying things that are blatantly untrue. I can't debate with somebody who's making false equivalencies and claiming there was more to that video than there actually was.

And yes, how dare we "obsess" over what Trump does. I mean, it's not like he's our president and his decisions affect this country (and the world) at large or anything.

It's also hard to have debates here when the conservatives/Trump supporters out there decide only to pop in every few months with some cutesy one-liners or goofy memes and then leave. If you're tired of this place becoming an echo chamber and you want more variety in the discussion, you kind of have to, y'know, stick around and actually engage in conversation here on a regular basis. There are people here who would be willing to have a civil debate if need be, myself included.

You're trying to compare incidental contact between a male reporter and a female intern who is trying to forcibly take his microphone away to "male/female" issues going on right now... i.e. #metoo... which is an asinine statement.

It seems Team Sinema thinks they’re going to win and take Maricopa county for the first time in, like, 30+ years.

It’s also plainly obvious that voter suppression over the 2010s has done what it was intended to do in Georgia.

Despite some high profile disappointments, the further we get from Tuesday the more it seems like the Dems had a really good night.

Rick Scott is throwing up a panic lawsuit against dem counties.

I want to believe that’s because he knows it’s not over.

I want to believe.

It seems Team Sinema thinks they’re going to win and take Maricopa county for the first time in, like, 30+ years.

It’s also plainly obvious that voter suppression over the 2010s has done what it was intended to do in Georgia.

Despite some high profile disappointments, the further we get from Tuesday the more it seems like the Dems had a really good night.

We did :up:

Rick Scott is throwing up a panic lawsuit against dem counties.

I want to believe that’s because he knows it’s not over.

I want to believe.

Shall we send Fox Mulder your way?

Seriously tho good luck. It might be.

You Floridian s can root for Georgia, and the Georgians can root for.you in Fla. the rest of us will root for both!

Last edited:
Acosta is making other reporters look bad. Trump is now using him as a foil.

Let’s have another reporter stand up and resist then.
You guys are making him sound like guy in front of tank in Tiannamen Square. He’s not.

Have Bob Woodward up there and Trump gets straight hustled and made to look like an orange toad in front of the world.

Acosta is making other reporters look bad. Trump is now using him as a foil.

Let’s have another reporter stand up and resist then.
You guys are making him sound like guy in front of tank in Tiannamen Square. He’s not.

Have Bob Woodward up there and Trump gets straight hustled and made to look like an orange toad in front of the world.

Acosta, who gets ridiculed by the President at revert possible moment, is the one who looks bad because he stood up for himself and refused to let this overgrown orange child bully him into submission?

Right.

Bob Woodward isn't a white house correspondent.

Least we forget that Trump also mocked the reporter who defended Acosta, called a black reporter who dared ask him about white nationalism a racist, and mocked the Japanese reporter in this same press conference.

But yea, Jim Acosta is the one who looks bad here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom