US PolitiX -Angry Left Wing Mob Edition - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #901
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Fair enough, I will back off on that, it's just the hypocrisy from some people regarding these men/women issues is irritating.
It's pretty confusing to us gals being told that having our pussies grabbed is A-OK and you can be president someday, but having a man try to hold on to a microphone we are grabbing out of his hands at the direction of the pussy grabber is a high crime and misdemeanor.

Tell you what, when you fellas decide on when we should be offended or feel threatened, you let us know, okay?

Old 11-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #902
Blue Crack Addict

Trump likes to rate women too. Publicly. Remember, Heidi Klum is no longer a 10. I'm not a hypocrite about it, I know who the misogynist disrespecting pussy grabber is. It's not Acosta.

If I had to choose who to be alone in a room with, it's Acosta. Or who to try to keep quiet in a press conference, it's Acosta. A media glory hound does not make for a sexual assaulting disrespecting misogynist pussy grabber. False equivalency there.

I'm sure he could have some secret life no one knows about, but as far as I know Acosta is the safer option. No amount of money could make me work for Donald Trump or be anywhere alone with him.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #903
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Tell you what, when you fellas decide on when we should be offended or feel threatened, you let us know, okay?
Isn't that how it works?
Old 11-08-2018, 03:18 PM   #904
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:10 AM
I got into a really dumb Twitter slapfight over this Acosta BS last night. I got so stupidly worked up over it, I ended up deleting half my replies to people. Oy.

If you watch even the doctored footage and equate that contact with "shoving," "pushing," "battery," "putting hands on" (in the negative sense in which that phrase is intended) etc, I can't help you.

Regardless of your feelings about Acosta or CNN, it's completely ridiculous. Sometimes when two human beings are in close proximity to each other, and both are moving, a limb is going to come in contact with a limb.

Also, it totally reminds me of how pissed I was when the Sex and the City finale tried to make it look like Baryshnikov "slapped" Carrie and it was such colossal bullshit.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #905
Blue Crack Distributor

Hey, doesn't it feel like 10 years ago that Trump made Sessions resign?
Old 11-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #906
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Hey, doesn't it feel like 10 years ago that Trump made Sessions resign?
Why isn't Infowars claiming that the Thousand Oaks shooting is a false flag to draw attention from the Sessions firing?
Old 11-08-2018, 03:24 PM   #907
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:10 AM
Quote:
Fair enough, I will back off on that, it's just the hypocrisy from some people regarding these men/women issues is irritating.
Here, I'll clear it up for you.

Women don't like being sexually abused. This is not a "men/women" issue. This is a humanity and common decency issue.

I hope that clears things up and you're able to to about your day now.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:25 PM   #908
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
Why isn't Infowars claiming that the Thousand Oaks shooting is a false flag to draw attention from the Sessions firing?
They're too busy making videos that show Jim Acosta on the grassy knoll.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #909
Blue Crack Distributor

I love how this Acosta clip has become the new Zapruder film.

And by "love," I mean "BLEEEEEEURRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHPFFFFFFFFTTTT."
Old 11-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #910
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Back and to the left!

Old 11-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #911
ONE
love, blood, life

Can we call this what it is? The Dems took the House back, and firing Sessions and kicking Acosta out of the WH is designed to get the news to talk about those things instead of the fact that Dems took back the House and it's going to be bad for Trump.

The news channels should not take his bait. Cover these things briefly, but keep the focus on the Dem takeover of the House.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #912
Blue Crack Distributor

It was Jim Acosta and Roger McDowell over by the gravelly road
Old 11-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #913
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It's pretty confusing to us gals being told that having our pussies grabbed is A-OK and you can be president someday, but having a man try to hold on to a microphone we are grabbing out of his hands at the direction of the pussy grabber is a high crime and misdemeanor.

Thank. You.

I can't believe there is actual doctored footage of this from the White House. Remember when I said a while back how we need to find some way to rein these people in? This is what I'm talking about. The White House should not be allowed to get by with pulling this kind of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Can we call this what it is? The Dems took the House back, and firing Sessions and kicking Acosta out of the WH is designed to get the news to talk about those things instead of the fact that Dems took back the House and it's going to be bad for Trump.

The news channels should not take his bait. Cover these things briefly, but keep the focus on the Dem takeover of the House.
Also agreed on this.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #914
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Here, I'll clear it up for you.

Women don't like being sexually abused. This is not a "men/women" issue. This is a humanity and common decency issue.

I hope that clears things up and you're able to to about your day now.
The usual snark without substance. Wow, you're so intelligent. So between your response and anitram, it's nothing but deflecting and obsessing over Trump. Exhibit 2 as to why only five of you carry on conversations here anymore.

Maybe someone else can actually address the Acosta/WH intern situation with an intelligent response
Old 11-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #915
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

We have. The video tweeted out by the Press Secretary was doctored. What Acosta did WASN'T assault, not even close. Someone tried to grab something from him, and he avoided it. Now, when a man rubbed his crotch against me repeatedly on the subway, THAT was assault. See the difference?
Old 11-08-2018, 06:13 PM   #916
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The usual snark without substance. Wow, you're so intelligent. So between your response and anitram, it's nothing but deflecting and obsessing over Trump. Exhibit 2 as to why only five of you carry on conversations here anymore.

Maybe someone else can actually address the Acosta/WH intern situation with an intelligent response

Will you address whether or not you believe the video was doctored tho
Old 11-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #917
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

There is no situation and nothing to address.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:49 PM   #918
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:

I have watched the original video and see nothing inappropriate.

I am appalled that the White House press secretary would release a doctored video. Actual fake news. She should resign.

There really isn't anything else to discuss. It's not hypocrisy to say that comparing accidental physical contact with pussy grabbing is false equivalence.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #919
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
Well, it's kind of hard to have an actual conversation with the other side when they're saying things that are blatantly untrue. I can't debate with somebody who's making false equivalencies and claiming there was more to that video than there actually was.

And yes, how dare we "obsess" over what Trump does. I mean, it's not like he's our president and his decisions affect this country (and the world) at large or anything.

It's also hard to have debates here when the conservatives/Trump supporters out there decide only to pop in every few months with some cutesy one-liners or goofy memes and then leave. If you're tired of this place becoming an echo chamber and you want more variety in the discussion, you kind of have to, y'know, stick around and actually engage in conversation here on a regular basis. There are people here who would be willing to have a civil debate if need be, myself included.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #920
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

You're trying to compare incidental contact between a male reporter and a female intern who is trying to forcibly take his microphone away to "male/female" issues going on right now... i.e. #metoo... which is an asinine statement.