Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2 - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #961
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:31 PM

Old 02-21-2018, 06:59 PM   #962
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Or maybe Mexico.
That's the joke

Old 02-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #963
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
arming teachers is a great idea, because there's no possible way a high school student could ever overpower a teacher and take their gun.

Its just a way to sell more guns.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #964
Blue Crack Addict

I remember back when Virginia Tech happened, I was in my last year at law school. And looking at my commercial law prof, an overweight, legally blind (super thick glasses) totally unathletic guy. And people wanted to arm him. The lectern was at the front of the room and the door at the back, so you’d have the shooter and this prof shooting at each other over the 100 students sandwiched in between them. What could go wrong?

Also I saw the president of the national federation of teachers or whatever they are called on TV correctly pointing out that teachers are not trained to shoot, don’t want to be the police and certainly are not paid anywhere near enough to bear that sort of responsibility.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #965
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Underfunded to begin with, but somehow we’re going to turn these liberal indoctrinators who are all ages and all walks of life physically into a well trained protector who can under pressure open a safe, retrieve, take aim, and kill? If it’s that easy why are our cops still shooting the wrong people? Teachers can do it with 8 hours of training.

Trump can’t even hold a bottle of with one hand, but he could take out a bad guy no problem.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #966
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Did I just read a grown man who’s apparently a lawyer tell someone they were owned? By none other than himself? :facepalm:

I had to go back and read the conversation once I saw it to be sure it was true. Sure enough...
Old 02-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #967
Refugee

Someone on my Facebook post commented that the kids were crisis actors and that the mainstream media isn't a reliable source but anonymous YouTube videos are. So that's where we are in the country
Old 02-21-2018, 09:46 PM   #968
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:31 AM
Yeah, the "false flag/these people are actors" people need to desperately shut the fuck up (would that they could do so for good at that). I truly don't get how somebody gets to a place in their life where they think that kind of indefensible bullshit is okay to spew.

Anyone else watching the town hall on CNN thus far? Been pretty interesting so far.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #969
Blue Crack Addict

It's kinda fucked up that I'm emotionally disconnected from this incident, as I grew up around the area know plenty of Stoneman alumni. My alma mater staged some sort of walk-out protest as well, it sounds. Used to play hockey with a handful of folks from Stoneman - it's right around the Panthers arena. I'm getting entirely desensitized by terrorist-related incidents being "too close to home." But just a few minutes of listening to victims speak is like prying open wounds.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:08 PM   #970
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Main takeaways from this town hall:

-Rubio is NOT having a good night. Hoo boy. But I'm enjoying people calling him out. At least he's in agreement that arming teachers would be a dumb idea so there's that.

-I really, really hope some of these kids run for office in the future.

-I liked the teacher acknowledging the sheer absurdity of the idea of arming teachers. She indirectly brought up another issue worth considering-to those who think arming teachers is a good idea, I'd love for them to explain how in the hell is a teacher supposed to both grab their gun AND herd their kids to safety at the same time?
Old 02-21-2018, 10:15 PM   #971
Refugee

Rubio getting cheered when he said that you'd have to ban every semi-automatic rifle in the US was an absolutely incredible self own
Old 02-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #972
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know how you can be someone like Marco Rubio and look those kids in the eyes and not just break down at the monster you are as you defend your wallet over the will of your people.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:26 PM   #973
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I don't know how you can be someone like Marco Rubio and look those kids in the eyes and not just break down at the monster you are as you defend your wallet over the will of your people.
Rubio could teach a ballroom class with the way he danced around answering that question. Holy shit.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #974
Blue Crack Addict

The woman from the NRA is destroying herself as well.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:38 PM   #975
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Rubio could teach a ballroom class with the way he danced around answering that question. Holy shit.

Sure, not doubting his dancing talent. I'm questioning how he dances with any passion at all.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:05 PM   #976
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Sure, not doubting his dancing talent. I'm questioning how he dances with any passion at all.
You're making the assumption that he has a soul left to be moved.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #977
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:01 PM
Quote:
It's the same guy who altered the official version of his background to make himself (presumably) palatable to conservatives.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:22 PM   #978
Blue Crack Supplier

In addition to the death of the insulting idiocy of “thoughts and prayers,” we may be seeing a broader understanding of the NRA as a terrorist organization that facilitates the slaughter of Americans.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:30 PM   #979
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
In addition to the death of the insulting idiocy of “thoughts and prayers,” we may be seeing a broader understanding of the NRA as a terrorist organization that facilitates the slaughter of Americans.

Why does it even have to BE about going after the NRA? What can't we just have our own anti-NRA organization that's equally as large and controlling?

And then why can't we line up two perfectly solid amendments, one limiting the second amendment and another eliminating the ability to pay politicians.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:50 PM   #980
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Why does it even have to BE about going after the NRA? What can't we just have our own anti-NRA organization that's equally as large and controlling?

And then why can't we line up two perfectly solid amendments, one limiting the second amendment and another eliminating the ability to pay politicians.

Because of the NRA.