Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

Please continue discussion here.

Due to the overly contentious nature of the last several pages of pt. 2, I'm not carrying any posts over this time.
__________________

__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Aww, no mention of her hockey-mom-ness in the title? You have to at least mention that one! It's her biggest qualification yet!
__________________

Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 03:47 AM
What's the point of arguing about these people??? None of you are gonna be able to change anybody else's mind. Nobody's gonna be like "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for Obama instead" or "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for McCain instead". People are gonna keep defending their positions and whoever is gonna win is gonna win anyway regardless of these pointless discussions.
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,578
Local Time: 08:47 PM
You clearly don't understand FYM, Zoots.
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,894
Local Time: 06:47 PM
Lila64 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
What's the point of arguing about these people??? None of you are gonna be able to change anybody else's mind. Nobody's gonna be like "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for Obama instead" or "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for McCain instead". People are gonna keep defending their positions and whoever is gonna win is gonna win anyway regardless of these pointless discussions.
There are undecided voters in this forum who may every well read these discussions. But for the most part, it is a merry-go-round, as NSW has put it bluntly (whether quoting him is credible or not).
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 06:47 PM
I can't imagine an undecided voter here on Interference making a decision based on the back and forth bickering and nitpicking that happens here.

If someone is trying to make a decision based on these threads ... then jebus help them.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: all around in the dark - everywhere
Posts: 3,531
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
There are undecided voters in this forum who may every well read these discussions.
i'm fairly confident that they stopped reading weeks ago.
Se7en is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I can't imagine an undecided voter here on Interference making a decision based on the back and forth bickering and nitpicking that happens here.

If someone is trying to make a decision based on these threads ... then jebus help them.


more like baby jebus..


and don't make him cry either..
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I can't imagine an undecided voter here on Interference making a decision based on the back and forth bickering and nitpicking that happens here.

If someone is trying to make a decision based on these threads ... then jebus help them.
Oh no, I don't mean the arguments, I mean the continual news updates that go on, the posted articles and whatnot.

If people were voting based on an Irvine-STING debate, I'd be shocked.
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:55 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,892
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
What's the point of arguing about these people??? None of you are gonna be able to change anybody else's mind. Nobody's gonna be like "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for Obama instead" or "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for McCain instead". People are gonna keep defending their positions and whoever is gonna win is gonna win anyway regardless of these pointless discussions.
I don't think this is entirely true.

I've changed my views on various issues in part becaue of reasonable arguments that were made on this forum.

Not everyone in FYM is Sting.
maycocksean is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Palin excitement levels off as Democrats regain lead - CNN.com

Zoots is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #13
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Don't get overly excited yet. These "polls" tend to swing back and forth until election day. I wouldn't put too much faith in them - especially thinking Obama's got it and then some folks not bothering to vote. Everyone thought John Kerry was going to beat Bush in 04.

The way the media is playing this saying stuff like the "Palin excitement is leveling off" has nothing to do with the facts. It's the Wall Street collapse that's giving the Dems the edge right now. Nothing more, nothing less.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 03:47 AM
You can never tell with the American public!
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Don't get overly excited yet. These "polls" tend to swing back and forth until election day. I wouldn't put too much faith in them
Trying to have it both ways aren't you? You used polls to "prove" your point at the beggining of Palin's bounce, now it's don't put too much faith in polls. Wow, at least you're entertaining...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
The way the media is playing this saying stuff like the "Palin excitement is leveling off" has nothing to do with the facts. It's the Wall Street collapse that's giving the Dems the edge right now. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nothing to do with the facts? How are you so knowledgable about everyone's thought process to know that Palin has nothing to do with this?
BVS is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,365
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Everyone thought John Kerry was going to beat Bush in 04.

no, actually, no one thought that. Kerry was slightly behind in all the polls right up until election day.



Quote:
The way the media is playing this saying stuff like the "Palin excitement is leveling off" has nothing to do with the facts. It's the Wall Street collapse that's giving the Dems the edge right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

the facts are that, yes, the economy plays into Democratic strengths because they aren't the party that's deregulated the system to the point where it has collapsed. you're ignoring the fact that Palin's unfavorables are rising and her favorable ratings are plummeting. her Gibson interview did not go over well, and her background is becoming a liability.

so it's important to take a whole spectrum of events into account when you look at shifting polls.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 17,957
Local Time: 09:47 PM
The Palin levelling off was already beginning last week before the Wall St. clusterfuck.
anitram is online now  
Old 09-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Trying to have it both ways aren't you? You used polls to "prove" your point at the beggining of Palin's bounce, now it's don't put too much faith in polls. Wow, at least you're entertaining...
well he meant to say
polls don´t mean much when certain decision makers can easily manipulate the software that counts the votes
hiphop is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #19
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no, actually, no one thought that. Kerry was slightly behind in all the polls right up until election day.






the facts are that, yes, the economy plays into Democratic strengths because they aren't the party that's deregulated the system to the point where it has collapsed. you're ignoring the fact that Palin's unfavorables are rising and her favorable ratings are plummeting. her Gibson interview did not go over well, and her background is becoming a liability.

so it's important to take a whole spectrum of events into account when you look at shifting polls.
No sir, actually most people thought Kerry was going to win. You're wrong...again. A friend of mine who has worked for the Democrats for years was a volunteer for John Kerry in 2004 and even as the election results were coming in on election night he was with hundreds of Kerry supporters and every single one of them thought Kerry was going to win - not by much mind you - but that yes, he was going to win. I'll never forget the tone of his voice over the phone when it was announced that indeed Bush was re-elected. Pure heartbreak.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
It's the Wall Street collapse that's giving the Dems the edge right now. Nothing more, nothing less.
Obama's rebound is mostly due to his fighting the fuck back rather than take the "I'm not going to dignify this..." position.

and yes, when the economy tanks, Dems will gain.

I notice the US embassy attack didn't have much of an effect either.

I'm surprised the Reps didn't try and scare some voters.
__________________

U2DMfan is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×